SC2/BWHD/BW general

SC Remastered release is TODAY! EVOLUTION COMPLETE

PUBLISHER: Blizzard Entertainment
DEVELOPER: Blizzard Classic Games
PLATFORMS: PC & Mac
PRICE: $14.99 (here's a link to purchase it!)
RELEASE DATES: August 14, 2017 (Worldwide)
LANGUAGES: English (US), English (EU), Español (EU), 한국어, Italiano, Deutsch, Français, Polski, Pyccкий, 繁體中文, Español (AL), Português (AL), 日本語
REQUIRES: StarCraft Anthology

Other urls found in this thread:

teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/525574-just-to-reiterate-how-wrong-you-are
162.255.86.72/scv/res/56110.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena
twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

During the development of the game, Blizzard established its film department which brought high quality cinematics to the game and the sequel that followed. The game became a monumental success, holding a Metacritic of 88 and selling over 1.5 million copies worldwide in its release. It won many Game of the Year awards and quickly grew a huge following in South Korea.

Shortly after the original StarCraft was completed, the true expansion began development. With most of the team back on board (and with some help from Saffire Corporation), the game was given improvements such as “Final Fantasy type events” and more interactions. Shortly before release there was a custom campaign called Enslavers: Dark Vengeance that would be a prologue to Brood War.

Brood War was met with overwhelming success and received many awards along with millions of copies sold. South Korea’s pro-gamer league grew even more thanks to the league teams that formed. It continued to be used in the pro-gaming scene until it was eventually phased out by its successor in October 2012.

So hyped!
Trying to relearn some build orders before launch...

im just gonna stick to sc2

>no western physical release
fuck you blizzard

1pm monday release
ugh not gonna be home from work then :/

"remastered"... it looks like shit.

remastered was made for korea. nobody in the west really cares for bw.

they ruined the artstyle but im hype for matchmaking

If you're only hype for matchmaking you can just play it now. StarCraft Remastered is not a game. It's a graphical patch. As you can see in the OP, it requires StarCraft Anthology which was made free several months ago. All the $15 update does is allow you to select the greyed out HD option in the settings menu of the free game. If you download the free game now and look at the settings menu you will see that option there already.

matchmaking is remastered only, champ

>champ
shut the fuck up

oh yeah?
you don't know what you're talking about so maybe you should be the one shutting the fuck up

It looks the exact same except higher resolution.. the fuck is wrong with you?

not that guy, but they took some artistic liberties with units like the probe and dragoon and marine, they made them look more cartoony like the cinematics are, whereas the original graphics look realistic, but blurry.

That's a fair point. I haven't seen most of the portraits yet.

guess what

what

teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/525574-just-to-reiterate-how-wrong-you-are

I got bw3 for 10 bucks lol

When does it become available to play in EU?

it's supposed to be released worldwide at 10am pdt. so 5 hours from now.

That long? But ... but ...

any stranded scvees
162.255.86.72/scv/res/56110.html

bw?

maru is really bad with no coach... like mma...

wonder what boxers up to these days he still seemed pretty strong at the kr launch event

si janny kept the blizz shill thread huh

i also saw that

will it use blizzard app? because they didn't even update it yet

yes it will.

Where's my Overwatch cosmetics, that's all this pile of shit rts is good for lmao

+1

As a bad sc2 player, just beat my first match vs computer on bw. How long should a 2v2 take normally? I beat the 2 comps in about an hour. How viable is the spam siege tanks and battle cruisers strat online? Some guy I played with online taught me that but he carried me all the matches so idk. First match I actually win myself, even if it is against bots.

What kind of Overwatch cosmetics we talking? Did I miss anything?

Wait wtf? I Preordered it and didnt get any hots heroes FUCK

I just realized Im not in /hotsg, and also dumb

Without being able read it, its a safe bet thats a deluxe edition. I dont think thats even available here

>protoss players

lel

Hots is is moba retard not an rts
You knew damn well what you were doing, go back to your baby Mobas ans let the real men play rts

I just want to replay the campaign and look at the new models, not tryhard the multiplayer

>protoss
Legit every protoss player ive met online on sc2 and bw have been retarded cancer cucks who fuck up on 2v2 and blame you

same
mp is for fags

>fish_looking_at_hook.jpg

Yeah that was my first thought too, sad. I would have paid an extra 5$ or whatever to get some hots characters (I dont play much but my friends do, so I dont grind for characters) and some hearthstone packs/card backs

multiplayer in rts sucks get over it

I suspect that your opinion arises from your non-enjoyment of the game caused by your lack of game ability

The multiplayer is fun for those that have the skill to take it on and go head-to-head against other players user, there is no need to bash on it just because you can't do it; we don't hate you for being one of those players that just plays the single player either

words :(

FUCKING UNFAIR! I want the shitty mousepad so I can frame it and put it on my wall without worrying about ruining it, like I did with all the other CE mousepads from the StarCraft II boxes.

formal request to make sc2 and SCR/BWR 2 seperate generals please. i dont want all the newfag hype kiddies or nostalgia fags flooding my shitty general talking about how "scr is better than sc2 and sc2 is dead" (even though theres like 300-400 players between both US servers, while sc2 has 30,000 players on US server) or talking bullshit about "blizzard changed this i dont remember it being this shitty" when it is.

brood war is better than sc2 though. most people agree.

better at being dead

Fuck off you enormous faggot. There is no reason to play StarCraft 2 anymore.

how about no

Agreed, Broodwar doesn't need to be dragged down by the pathetic likes of the starcraft 2 general. The generals can and should be separated.

Lol u mad because everyone will be playing StarCraft Remastered now and you can't afford it?

that guy got a lot of (You)s

what makes you think the state of these threads is even welcoming

bit riled eh

eh

i wacked off way too much yesterday
feel spent today

hey its been years since i visited starcraft generals, do you guys still post kpop stuff or do the mods/janitor ban your ass fast

>Hots is is moba retard not an rts
Mobas are RTS you fucking idiot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

>strategy
gtfo

and smash bros is a fighting game...

if smash bros is a fighting game then TvT is chess

>186087319
>sc2 has 30,000 players on US server
lol nice meme

>remaster delayed 5 hours

*gooks*

the delay doesn't bother me. i'll just lick seulgooki's feet until the app migration is completed

ugh not gonna be out until 4pm guess ill get some 'zah :/

got room for one more?

one more for what?

>"SCRM Releases at 10am! Cheers!"

>"By the way when we said it releases at 10am, we meant probably 1pm or later!"

nothing like a good 'za

what a blunder

is it out yet??

how about you READ THE FRICKE NTHREAD
ANY OF THEM

When the fuck is it coming aaaaaaaah

you idiots realize its just a reskin and that you could be playing shitewar right now, right...

if shitewar had matchmaking outside of remastered then i wouldn't care about it but i can't queue ladder without it.

zvz is cancer...
pvz is cancer...
tvp is cancer...

These fucking jews at NeoBlizzardSucktivison have fucked up the re-release of a 1998 game with tacked-on multiplayer functionality AT BEST.

It can't be incompetence. The fucking turds in charge said 'fuck it, why spend the $50 it'd take to get a guy to come in early and start the launch or pay for extra servers to account for launch influx?' when they could save a few sheckles demonstrating to their hardcore fans just how little of a FUCK they actually give!

God I fucking hate Blizzard! For a lot of reasons but fucking up the most simple shit is one of them!

If everyone working at blizzard caught AIDS and died a slow, horrific death do you think I would give a single fuck?

Mess with peoples favorite shit and that's the vitriol you invite. They changed a bunch of art in the remaster to more closely resemble sc2 than scbw anyway. I honestly hope every artist involved gets sick and gives birth to retarded children - they deserve to be punished

haah... janny...

janny janny janny... :)

StarCraftVerified account @StarCraft

Our deployment is taking longer than initially expected and our current estimate for #SCR launch is 1pm PDT. Thank you for your patience!

2 more hours....

It's a small indie company ok. cut them some slack.

sc:r
sc reddit?
hmmm

just blew the lid off the whole thing, morty..

If you log into sc2 you can see the player numbers dude...

>mobas are RTS
Tell me what strategies you got. Tell me what you micro and macro manage.

Didnt even want to

Except all the tournaments, the player count, the community, the constant support it has from blizzard, the events etc. You're getting a game from 1980 something that was released as a cash grab for Koreans that won't have any tourneys or actual traction outside of Korea. It won't be touched, bug patched, moderated, etc. Ever.

Thats subjective, sure, but its obvious which one blizzard cares about. (Hint: its not the one that got 6 new pixels and people think it will make a comeback because of this)

The bundle is like 40$ for sc2. Anyone who can afford sc2 can afford BWR, especially since broodwar is free. The only difference are extra pixels on the screen. I already preordered it to get stukov and the cool portraits for sc2 :^)

thanks for the late response!

Sorry i was actually playing StarCraft instead of posting on threads about starcraft

twitch
.tv/day9tv

twitch
.tv/day9tv

9 MINUTES UNTIL IT STARTS. ARE WE HYPE

i'll be hype when i can start downloading the game.

Two weeks of gookbang and fuckwit streamers wasn't enough for a smooth launch

I've played a lot of hs and they always fuck up their releases somehow there so i expected them to have issues today.

:O

omo!