/utg/ - Undertale General

Probably How His Fans Feel Too Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita August 15th!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IeT-pz_LJi8
youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8
youtube.com/watch?v=NNQdizB4kL8
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKVKyIUIAAlgdv.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMArf-VoAAhtx1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHHyGJEU0AAAtL8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DG031WCU0AE6jtT.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHHQaZCVYAA09hD.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMXIrkVwAIqPaw.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHHueazUwAEFTda.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCdqrLU0AA0Cto.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DDAhEWjUQAQPEEf.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLVtrfUwAAiImd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLkb4ZVwAAtv91.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKpnCWUwAAllho.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLZ3XaUwAA622L.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGws2pWUQAACzqE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMJ3HWUQAITIOc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCEvsjUIAAicgz.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGyfyqCUAAAsHg7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHJkNhPVYAEo1dm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DG8qwymUAAEZPdy.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKS-1aUIAABN0r.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLxxdBUwAAYi3_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMDDpvVoAEBg6k.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHIJxa3U0AA1WHD.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHG6syCV0AQ4L8p.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHIMB9TUIAAzKtS.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMDDpwUwAAEyGC.jpg:orig
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DHIEfYMVoAARUDE.mp4
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMHj10UIAAWTg8.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu5w1mYUMAAwGuF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCarx-UQAYYs2A.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu5w1maUsAAKGG9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DFuZOaWUAAAkiS0.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMaXNJUMAApwEp.jpg:orig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Flower

I'm going back to sleep.
When I wake up I'm either finishing the fic or moving on to the next fic poll

If you abandon this fic write a totally convoluted twist and end it on a cliffhanger. Literally if possible.

FTFY OP

the sim is nearly done faggots

That kinda undermines the metaphor I was going for

If I kidnap Alphys and take half of her soul I'll transform into a lizard monster that looks just like her, right

this one better be better then the other 0.02 you made

Don't be lazy.

nope

added more third reich jokes should be better this time

Funny you said that...

No, stay away from the name field and stop talking to yourself

Then how will I disguise myself as Alphys and have Undyne all to myself

stop pretending to be me then

fucking inception up in here my dude

Why would you put on an Alphys disguise, if you could be Reader instead?

youtu.be/IeT-pz_LJi8

I tried.

What have you got against a steamy nerd threesome?

An AU where Asriel is saved but is unable to manifest enough mass to reflect light off him.

Soon, the toby-moon will fall.
youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

I laughed at work fuck you.

A fic where a big contribution of monsters to the world is disabled access and prosthetics, owing to how they've had to overcome their wildly different shape and limb configurations.

Don't you mean the other way around? Monster Kid could use some prosthetics, but I expect he would get them from the human world, not that monsters have developed advanced prosthetics that they contribute to the human world but never contributed to Monster Kid.

They deemed him too little to care about

Well Mettaton is a prosthetic body, maybe the resources for such things were limited to operation get-a-soul-without-murder until they could improve their ideas with the resources of the surface.

Are floating monsters like Shyren and Tsunderplane forced to travel on the ground so as to not be categorized as unlawfully flown drones

>Well Mettaton is a prosthetic body
Yeah, I just realized that. It means that Alphys could actually hold the key to human immortality (or indefinite lifespans), because human souls persist after death and Mettaton literally has his soul plugged into his body as far as I can tell.

she holds the key to immortality but not the key to a healthy lifestyle?

Would a Mettaton-esque human soul plugin work as well as a monster plugin though? Is Mettaton even immortal?

Mettaton's soul is actually deformed into an upright human soul shape to fit into his body. Draw your own conclusions.
There is some evidence that ghosts age slowly, or even not at all. Napstablook implies he was around before Toriel retreated to the ruins. nochocolate speculates that Napstablook's birth year is 1922, based on that and the "NAPSTABLOOK22" username.

To be frank, I cringed.

The transitions were obnoxious, the jokes lame and there wasn't anything really spicy. That whole beginning Bane scene might've barely worked if it didn't have the original dialogue going on in the back at the same time. The Flowey/call of duty soviet thing doesn't make much sense nor does it show anything about /utg/ itself.

The whole original joke with the pony thread simulators was how abhorrent the sexualisation was so the whole thing with glorifying Toriel feels off especially when back to back with demonizing Chara posting. Adding in that "Flowey is cute learn the difference" thing falls incredibly flat when its your own post, especially because the Muffet user has like a million replies but you only had one and again it doesn't really show off much about the thread. Would've made a better joke if you focused more on the insane abuse responses the Muffet user gets all the time.

>cringed

great, its working

is this the part where you pretend you made it bad on purpose?

nope, because I genuinely don't care.

How many of the posters ITT are gender neutral, two spirit or pangender? I'm assuming there's 0% females and 60% males.

Thread is 117% males.

He's giving you useful advice. Don't ignore it, if you're actually interested in making something good.
Ignoring constructive criticism is the worst thing you can do.

Kinda sorta this
What made the horse thread simulators so funny was
>A.) Their speed
>and B.) the exposition or teh horrific fetishism and shitposting in those threads.

The vid woudl have been much funnier is each snippet took up no more than 5 seconds. It seems like an ADHD thing to say, but considering every post is about one or two sentences, anything longer than what it takes to read them overstays its welcome. The same goes with transitions, albeit even more so. They only serve as shifts to the next hilariously awful scene and nothing more.

Frankly, if one took our older threads and extracted the very best of the worst, snipped the reading times down, and reserved the reaction video snippets for the cream of the crop, it could have been choice.

of course you don't, that's why you make posts constantly how you started working on it, how you're working on it, how you're almost done, how you're done, how it's not good so you'll rework it, rinse and repeat

you care so little you constantly sperg for more attention, it totally checks out

That's not possible. At least 30% of them would identify as some sort of a special snowflake (and the 100% of the 10% of females also identify as such).

It is possible, I checked everyone personally.

Stop fucking pretending to be me.

If you think about it isn't identifying as a special snowflake

>you constantly sperg for more attention, it totally checks out
This is the basis for everything he does. In the discord, when people start having a conversation that doesn't involve him he starts spamming copypasta and /pol/ memes. Half of the posts in his videos are his. He simply cannot handle things not being about him.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNQdizB4kL8

SPOOKED

Monster Instant Noodles are actually high in fibre and vitamins, with no sodium or fat to speak of.

What if Papyrus could remember everything about the videos he watched in the true lab that showed Asgore's atrocious bed hair?

MTT branded prosthetics

Folks walking around in black and pink high heels

That was wholesome.

>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKVKyIUIAAlgdv.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMArf-VoAAhtx1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHHyGJEU0AAAtL8.jpg:orig
>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DG031WCU0AE6jtT.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHHQaZCVYAA09hD.jpg:orig
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMXIrkVwAIqPaw.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHHueazUwAEFTda.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCdqrLU0AA0Cto.jpg:orig
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DDAhEWjUQAQPEEf.jpg:orig
>Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLVtrfUwAAiImd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLkb4ZVwAAtv91.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKpnCWUwAAllho.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLZ3XaUwAA622L.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGws2pWUQAACzqE.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMJ3HWUQAITIOc.jpg:orig
>Gaster
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCEvsjUIAAicgz.jpg:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGyfyqCUAAAsHg7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHJkNhPVYAEo1dm.jpg:orig
>Alphys
pbs.twimg.com/media/DG8qwymUAAEZPdy.jpg:orig
>Mettaton
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKS-1aUIAABN0r.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHLxxdBUwAAYi3_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMDDpvVoAEBg6k.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHIJxa3U0AA1WHD.png:orig
>Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHG6syCV0AQ4L8p.jpg:orig
>Muffet
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHIMB9TUIAAzKtS.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMDDpwUwAAEyGC.jpg:orig
>Skeletons
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DHIEfYMVoAARUDE.mp4
>Undyne + Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMHj10UIAAWTg8.png:orig
>Chara + Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu5w1mYUMAAwGuF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCarx-UQAYYs2A.jpg:orig
>Goat family
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu5w1maUsAAKGG9.jpg:orig
>Toriel + Flowey + Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DFuZOaWUAAAkiS0.jpg:orig
>MTT + Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMaXNJUMAApwEp.jpg:orig

I think Chara deserves to be punished severely for his crimes. He needs to repent for his sins.

Hating humanity isn't a crime.

This is difficult since they died and any point after at which they are "alive" they show less than no inclination to atone.

These. One thing you have to remind yourself to do with things like this is to ask yourself: "Is this funny? If I were someone else and I watched this, would I think it's good?"
I look forward to seeing how the simulations develop in the future.

I don't like Chara + Asriel.

Well look who's back

It's okay. One of them is secretly Gaster.

So, I read Truant, and I feel sympathetic for that Chara. But, I don't like evil Charas. How am I supposed to think about Chara now?

Don't ask /utg/ for advice. Just like what you like.

Sounds like you like the particular (somewhat) evil Chara in Truant, which means you don't dislike all evil Charas. You can still dislike all the evil Charas you've disliked thus far, if you want. You just happen to like this one. Your opinion is becoming more nuanced. That's a perfectly acceptable development.

Would you still love your fave if they were 8 and you told them to carry something heavy and valuable and they dropped it and it hit their foot and it broke and their foot broke too and they were crying

There is a lot of room for different interpretations of Chara, from the demon that comes to a well intentioned screw up. Believe what you like, but accept it is headcanon.

Demons that come ey?

Reports coming in from Ozzie folk that PS4 Undertale has a platinum. No confirmation about specific trophy requirements yet.

We make the worst moving company.

Great sitcom, though.

Would you still love your fave if they were eight and they started reading Mencius Moldbygg's blog and they got convinced monarchy is the only workable system of government and Asgore should take over the world

Chara makes the worst decisions for Halloween costumes.

She would be popular in a teenage halloween party though

Truant Chara isn't evil, he's human. He's fucked up on the inside but developed enough to start being self-aware, to the point that he begins to regret his actions, subconsciously at first. He wants to believe he's evil, because that would best explain his actions, but in the end he's just made some mistakes due in part to his past, and wants to be forgiven, while at the same time unable to forgive himself. He runs away at the end because he still can't accept the fact that people are forgiving a cruel, evil monster that he believes he is, but by the end, he's going to start trying, just like Asriel. In CN's trilogy, Frisk, Asriel, Chara, and Asgore all feel guilt for their actions, actions that they wish they could have avoided, but due to circumstances, they were unable. It's all about forgiving yourself, I think.

actually made me laugh, thanks

I actually did like how One By One Chara really does act like an unrepentant totally got the world figured out person while they are divorced from their literal humanity, and then Truant comes round and they're stripped back to basics and it actually catches up to them.

And it was neat how Asgore and Toriel aren't completely stunned Chara turns up. After all Asriel turned up, so it makes a kind of sense they'd discuss what happens if it happens again.

I mean "evil" as in "did really awful things", not as in "literally irredeemably bad". I don't really like using the word "evil" in almost any situation for that reason, because it oversimplifies in ways that are rarely helpful, but I was going with the categorization that I thought was meant in .

She'd make Asriel jealous, though.

post personnal headcannons.

>mute gaster
>thus,litterally speaking with his hands

(also dadster is a cute one that i agree with)

Asriel would do what he always does, be jealous that he doesn't have a Chara gf, do nothing to woo Chara at all because he is a coward, then go into his room and masturbate until he feels less shit.

flowey has a dick much bigger then his body

Honestly, the thing I respect the most about Truant is that it dropped any attempt at another anime fight and just had a relatively heart-to-heart conversation tie things off, keeping both Chara and Sans very grounded. It's fairly rare to see fanfic writers show some restraint like that.

Doing awful things doesn't make you evil, doing awful things and not feeling any remorse for them is evil.

Chara liked exploring the underground alone, which is why Charnarrator Chara can tell Frisk about every part of the underground without fail. Also, when s/he was alive, Chara was fairly fit.

There is a component of how monsters look that is influenced by their attitude/mental state. Identical twins may look different if one is upbeat and outspoken and the other broods on dark impulses. Sort of like how Signamancy works in Erfworld.

I think he meant that Chara would make Asriel jealous of the attention. Obviously, Asriel wants all the boys looking at HIS hips!

Fights in writing are fairly uninteresting. It was well done in One By One though, by evoking symbolism and getting to the point quickly. In Day To Day it was necessary.

Don't be silly, Toriel would never approve of that

Frisk would convince her to let him do what he wants!

Wasn't there only a single full fight described in Day To Day?

Patience was brought straight to him
Bravey killed some, but was subdued
Integrity was the full fight
Perserverence gets Sneak Attack'd by Gerson
Kindness doesn't fight
Justice and Frisk's don't get described

The mom will always have everyone beat in that department

I'd like to rub her belly

Gerson grievously injured and/or killed one of the six fallen and retired afterwards.

Yeah, only the fight with the crazy girl who I don't really understand. Everyone else was killed off screen or without resistance.