What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the SW20 turbo?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the SW20 turbo?

Yeah I know about the snap oversteer, but aside from that? It seems like a really special car to me. Anyone on here own one???

No one?

No one on Veeky Forums owns an automobile

I figured at least some Anons could afford a 25 year old sports car. Aside from the Miata I mean

I used to go on here years ago and it seemed like there were a lot of mk1 MR2 owners on o. I guess they wrecked them all

Yeah, no one owns a sw20 because
>snap oversteer

Yeah, but the same can be said of most mid engine cars right? Also it seems like the issue is mostly fixed with a bigger front sway bar and decent tires

i think they look awesome, they're extremely rare though which makes them expensive

It's too early for the califags, and they're the only ones with mr2's because lolrust

its good get it if you want straight line speed and good handling.

If you want asthetics get aw11

if you want best handling this side of elise get mrs.

Great cars, a bit difficult to work on. Suspension mods can tame the snap, but I've personally witnessed a SW20 non turbo spin out following me up a on ramp.

Check for rust.

>If you want asthetics get aw11
>Implying the SW20 isn't asthetic

looks like a ford probe until it passes you.

They look good

>Live in Cali
>No sw20s that are good
>All clapped out or crashed
And these are like of the 7 listings up in the bay area

So do most cars with popups

Yeah, clean 90s Japanese cars are becoming very scarce.

the sw20s I see moreso than any other generation of mr2 are are always the most clapped out and overpriced

like, every single one has a paint problem /has been repainted, has mismatched panels, has shit ripped off and chopped or some shitty bodykit, if it doesn't major things are going out and its still 5k minimum

AW11s are still cars that some people just happen to have and need to get rid of, zzws are still new enough that normie hairdressers have it

Yeah the poor paint seems like one of the most common issues with the SW20. Aren't headtop AW11s nearly impossible to find though? My friend had a AW11 with ttops and that thing always leaked no matter what.

sw20 will 100% have paint damage unless it has mud flaps. Because it throws rocks out which land on the rear quarter panel and chip paint

Speak for yourself homo

Nice, what year? Turbo/na? How do you like it? Any big issues?

To be honest most of the reason I got mine was that even though it's not turbo and slow it's still a pretty car in my opinion.

na is plenty fast.
There barely is a bimmer that is faster than na sw20.

The na only has 130hp right? Wouldn't that make it quite a bit slower than the Miata? The NA MR2 is around 2700-2850lbs I think