/sthg/ Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #870 - ShadAmy Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/sonic-mania/critic-reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=IozGdNK2Po8
youtu.be/anr3dJPHgGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ShadAmy Edition
BUT SHADAZE IS BETTER

metal is cute!

Stop shipping Shadow.

Blaze____ a cute

So looks like Sonic Mania has officially launched for NewZealand, lucky.

>muh shadow is asexual meme
not fair. if he was a female character he wouldn't be getting this treatment

I know who's asexual, NICOLE

autism

Yes?

>So looks like Sonic Mania has officially launched for NewZealand, lucky.
Kiwis get to play it first.

Well she is an A.I so of course she would be.

at least flip the image around or something

Is this the end of the freedom fighters? They can't just continue the reboot from archie in IDW?

>ShadAmy edition
Daily reminder that ShadAmy a shit

We don't know what is gonna happen with the IDW comics
>inb4 600 post argument over the FFs

Platonic Shadamy is the only Shadamy I will accept.

Is your favorite ship your favorite colors and/or color combination?

SonAmy is better

Kiwifag must be happy.

I don't see them continuing the canon.

I'd say it's very likely the end for them, either completely or at least in the spotlight. I think it's possible IDW could convince SEGA to let them be used in minor appearances, but I could see SEGA just saying no too.

Sorry guys but Shadow found someone else. :)

I really honestly hope the FF don't come back, they really don't belong in a sonic story and are all bland non-characters

We do know, it's been confirmed to be another complete reboot. All that remains to be seen is if they'll even bother using non-game original characters. Probably won't see Nack,Bark,Beam,Mighty,Ray,Honey,Eggman Nega,Jet,Storm,Wave, Gemel,Sticks,Marine or Tikal here or if often since Sega is also deeply involved in the comic's at IDW's direction this time.

It has not been confirmed to be a reboot.

I go on an Amy Rose video and this is what I find. So much butthurt.

I hope it is. All I want is the game characters. None of this stupid acorn kingdom bullshit

When will we get Sonic Maker?

We'll all find out in October.

I also hope that because the comicfags will cry harder

Shadow likes LOLIS

Not surprising.

>Shadamy
>not Sallamy

>We know it's a reboot
>Actually, no we don't
>Well, I hope it is. I wanna see the comicfags cry harder
What are you doing?

They remind him of Maria, with their young and positive outlook on life.

...Link to pic?

hearlesssoul

on inkbunny

Why does it matter who's better? Shipping is all headcanon fanfic silliness.

I don't get it. What is it about Amy that triggers so many people?

I know, I'm just messing around.

While you are messing around, I do admit that it's cuter

Ivy the Kiwi?

Sonic got pretty cozy with the Lady of the Lake. If Caliburn wasn't there, he probably would've put the moves on her. Ironic that he does it with an Amy lookalike.

shadow is an autistic virgin. that will never change

He wants to fuck that

>double dipped for Mania on PS4
>pre-loaded and ready
I'm excited.

Gonna sleep. Later

You don't wanna see that. It's lewd

>people streaming mania right now

but how

Probably Australia/NZ

Either leakers or sheep shaggers

Aussies

>aussies get it at fucking 12 am
>I get it at 9 am tomorrow

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

>Not getting it on the 29th
Get on my depression level

But user, you get Sonic 1 to compensate

Goodnight user. See you around.

Yay!

Welp, it's happening. Time to go dark I guess? I'm gonna miss you guys so much no homo.

>time to go dark

Nigger Ive already been spoiled to all the stages and the ending, or at least the part everyone is discussing. Not like it matters to me, I'm just not gonna watch gameplay or anything.

Some people who aren't from there seem to be trying to buy it via Aus time/changing their location.

Reviews for mania are coming out

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/sonic-mania/critic-reviews

Checking on xbox right now to see if it will work

Just checked on Xbox, it just changed the available time to 8/16/17

Maybe works on ps4?

It's not doing great.

>It's not doing great.
>86
>Sonic game
>86
>Not doing great
>86

Fuck off mayro

Any Sonic game a decade ago would kill for those scores

>80
>Sonic game
>not doing great
>80
>Sonic
>80

I want nintenyearolds to fuck off

Sonic 06 would literally rise from the dead for anything over 60

Pretty nice so far.

Even has a 10/10 score by someone.

>An excellent 2D platformer, Sonic Mania goes beyond expectations, managing to be not only a proper evolution of the series' iconic formula, but the best Sonic game ever made.

Same. I hope the Sonic comic can finally be just like the games. I hope Sega puts their foot down hard to make sure nobody goes out of line even a little bit

He was on PS4, so maybe that's the case? I'm watching someone on Twitch.

thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=IozGdNK2Po8

>Been waiting for Mania since last year
>Fell for the Wii U scam, not buying a console ever again
>FF to last month
>beginning to like sonic again
>marathon through all sonic mainline games because I'm hyped
>last week has been hell
>isolated myself from the internet so I wouldn't be spoiled of anything
>today
>check release time of the game
>"PC version delayed to 29th, but you get sonic 1 as compensation lol :)"
>immediately refund my preorder
never gonna buy a sega game ever again.

>But the absolute worst parts of Sonic Mania are the “bonus” stages. These are stages you come across by hitting a mid-stage marker or finding a giant gold ring hidden in the levels. They come in two flavors: collecting blue orbs while avoiding red ones, or chasing after a UFO, gaining speed as you collect blue orbs and gathering rings to give you more time. These are both poorly designed and control horribly, but are also necessary to get those oh-so-precious Chaos Emeralds. It’s reminiscent of some bonus stages in the older games, but there are much better ones that inspiration could’ve been taken from.

Where's the user who was going to cherry pick reviews?

Also, I see that I was quite accurate.

>but there are much better ones that inspiration could’ve been taken from.
kek literally all Special Stages in Sonic suck.

So, someone unlock Super Knuckles?

>but there are much better ones that inspiration could’ve been taken from

Yes, user, they could have went for the Game Gear ones or Knuckles Chaotix or Gen's 3D Blast!

You joke but the Chaotix Special Stages are the only good thing about the game that isn't the music

Can we just talk about how the Silver Sonic boss in Sonic 2 is the most FUCKING BULLSHIT BOSS FIGHT OF ALL TIME? You know it bad when the mid-boss is harder than the ACTUAL final boss.

How much does Mania cuck you for playing as Tails? Is it like Sonic 3 where you get a slightly gimped version of the game?

But it isn't? It does the same exact pattern every time. It's just rote memorization to fight it.

When given the option do you prefer to play as Sonic, Tails or Knuckles and why?

he's one of the fastest bosses to kill, possibly around the amount of time it takes to kill the emerald hill boss. If you want to talk bullshit try beating marble garden's boss in S3&K as tails

Sonic. no difference in sonic 2 and I love the elemental shield abilities in S3&K

Probably

It's only confirmed so far Knuckles has a different version of the game. If anything the & Knuckles mode cucks Tails even further to fellaciate the echidna more

youtu.be/anr3dJPHgGc
Knuckles & Knuckles for the meme potential

what about advance games?

FUCKING SOUNDTRACKS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

GIVE ME THE FUCKING OST

What´s the point of an adaptation that can't expand or toy with the establish settings and characters? If you want the games, keep playing the games. A comic book needs more than the barren, sterile structure provided by the games.

I didn't notice the "of all time". I just assumed he was only talking about the classics. That said, I haven't played the advance games in ages so I can't really speak on them

That's fine, I just don't care for the OCs because there are plenty of characters in the games to work with in the first place

>Cuck.
I don't dig these hipster language them youngster are babbling anymore.

Game Sonic already has enough characters to make moderately interesting stories out of.

The problem is that writers go overboard and try to make the setting their own or introduce their own characters and ideas into something that isn't theirs. It'd be far better for Sega to draw a firm line and say "Do not go out of this line. You can work within it, but do not try to step over it. This is out IP, not yours"

I wonder who could be behind this post....