First Mods?

Accord Coupe 6-6
Looking for opinion of what mods should done first.

Catback exhuast $750

Coilovers $600

Tire and Rims $1200
I do have Potenza RE-71R on now, but I could probably only run one more season on them.

I would recommend doing an engine swap to anything with at least 8 cylinders, and then converting it to RWD. Those 2 simple mods should be enough to make it pass as a halfway decent car.

keep it stock faggot. do something responsible with your money.

You came to the wrong board to ask for advice, most people on here don't like cars and are nowhere near enthusiasts.

It looks like you already have a good idea of that to do, I'd add in some window tint.

Cheap coilovers are a shit idea. The stock wheels are fine so he should just find the stickiest rubber that fits. Exhaust is ok but boyracery.

$600 aren't cheap coilovers, cheap ones are the $100 ones on eBay.
Stock wheels are shit and someone who wants a good looking car would want them swapped out.
Exhaust increase enjoyment of the car.

Do you have any recommend any decent coilovers. My original idea would be TEIN Street Basis Z Coilovers.

$600 are cheap coils.

my stock rims look decent to me

>exhaust increase enjoyment of the car

No they aren't. Cheap is $50 Blox racing ones. $600 is midrange. I beat you're one of the tards who spend over $1000 on coilovers on a daily driver.

>most people on here don't like cars and are nowhere near enthusiasts.
this moght be the single most retarded shit I've ever read on Veeky Forums. Congratulations you braindead fuck.

Truth hurts eh,

Stock wheels look best. Everything aftermarket is just fragile ricer trash.

Honda engineered the whole thing and you're not going to improve it by throwing on aftermarket parts that were never tested on the car. If you want less body roll try some sway bars.

Sour graps from the ignorant poorfag, what a surprise.

>buy shitty car
>spend money "improving" it

shiggitdty

>Truth hurts eh
It couldn't be farther from the truth though ? At least bring some argument before embarrassing yourself by copying memes like "/v/ doesn't like vidya lmao" here.

Veeky Forums aren't car enthusiasts, they're hipsters who try hard to be validated by each other. This thread looks like nothing but children and poorfags mad because someone wants to do something to their car.

ding ding ding we found the newfag

Wheels, are your current ones eyesores? Repaint them

Yes 2010 newfag, never pretended to be an oldfag. Am I missing some old meme ?
>Veeky Forums aren't car enthusiasts, they're hipsters who try hard to be validated by each other
Will you provide arguments instead of just repeating the same accusation ?

Cool, you're too dumb to get a point. My guess is you can't even defend this sad sack of shit board.

I don't mind the looks personally. But the stock alloy rims are heavy without tires they are somewhere around 29lbs.

U got shiz tastes theb

It's not sour grapes. It's called being smart. Just save your money for a nicer/faster car instead of wasting money on mods.

>Cool, you're too dumb to get a point.
Nice copout to avoid providing arguments. I'll just imitate you and declare you a subhuman manchild and your mother a dumb frigid golddigger.
>My guess is you can't even defend this sad sack of shit board.
"Even some tripfags on Veeky Forums manage to be helpful and interesting, like LPG. What's pleasant here, other than the obvious freedom of tone and banter, is the general subject and the fact most of us have common interests, like being fairly young (18-35), enjoying Initial D, and liking sports or sporty cars. Too many forums, while very dense in info, are too specialized."

$600 is cheap as hell for coilovers, unless you think these are also good.

You're not a good enough driver to tell the difference

ikr, why enjoy your car, you should only focus on the best. Don't waste money unless you can afford a Bugatti.

You entire defense of this board is memes. Fucking lol thanks for proving me right, this board is shit tier. Veeky Forums is not acar enthusiast board, it's a shitposting haven themed around cars.

Cool argument, we get it you don't know anything about cars.

Why would someone want to mod a V6 accord? I know it's reasonably fast but just not the right car to throw money at. I'd keep it stock and buy another car to fix up for enjoyment

That was my first post in this thread and if you think $600 isn't cheap for a full set of coilovers, then YOU don't know shit about cars. There's a reason people say to steer clear of ebay parts.

>You entire defense of this board is memes.
You didn't read my answer ?
>Fucking lol thanks for proving me right, this board is shit tier. Veeky Forums is not acar enthusiast board, it's a shitposting haven themed around cars.
Why do you even stay here then you daft cunt ?

Member when car enthusiasm was about enjoying cars? These days it's about appealing to other hipsters on the internet, personal enjoyment isn't allowed. Get your own preapproved internet meme car today.

It's obvious you're a clueless fucktard. Please shut the fuck up and do research. $600 is not cheap for coilovers.

Mostly to shit on the state of this shithole, it's one of the worst boards on all of Veeky Forums.

>Member when car enthusiasm was about enjoying cars? These days it's about appealing to other hipsters on the internet, personal enjoyment isn't allowed. Get your own preapproved internet meme car today.
You sound like an asshurt special snowflake who thinks the only way to enjoy a car is to modify it in the most """original""" way you can.
Just curious, what do you think pof pic related ?

>Mostly to shit on the state of this shithole, it's one of the worst boards on all of Veeky Forums.
Congrats on being a sad sack of shit then ? What car do you own ? What board do you think is better ?

You sound like you aren't a car enthusiast. It's obvious all you care about is being accepted by other fagg/o/ts. The car and owner are both cringy pieces of shit but he enjoys cars more than Veeky Forums.

Nearly every board is better. Lol @ your ass getting raw because someone doesn't like this shitty ass board.

>he enjoys cars more than Veeky Forums
Okay thanks I got all the answers I needed.

>What car do you own ?

It's kinda obvious, Veeky Forums shits on every car that isn't a meme. He builds cars for fun.

Just get the HFP suspension and call it a day.

Your arguments are so compelling. "nuh uh you dumb" Why don't YOU go do some research. PROTIP: don't start on ebay or craigslist

There isn't really an argument here, it's just you being obtuse.

No need to further embarrass yourself, mate. Let's just learn what kind of car you own, and call it quits.

You ever noticed htat when you push people on Veeky Forums in a corner they always resort to "WHAT DO U OWN?" Nearly 100% of the time this leads to shit tier posting of "LOL THATS UR CAR NO WONDER LMAO". When the question comes up all you have to do is avoid answering it and they will sperg out, mad at the denial of a chance of "retribution."

Lol you are fucking dumb, sorry but it's true!

>busrider rhetoric
Well hearing some fag cry about how Veeky Forums is such an awful place that doesn't enjoy cars is sure gonna attract some questions about what car he owns, provided he practices what he preachs.

You ever notice htat [sic] when you push people on Veeky Forums in a corner they always resort to ad hominems? Nearly 100% of the time this leads to shit tier posting of "LOL YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB, SORRY BUT IT'S TRUE!". When these anons don't have anything of value to contribute, they sperg out, mad at their inability to make valid points.

>they sperg just as I said they would

I find the HFP suspension is overpriced $790 cad without shipping. I figured I could get something better aftermarket wise.

>attentionwhore goes on "everything here is shit you're all shit !" drama
>"what car do you own little boy ?"
>answer nowhere to be seen

No exhaust and eBay coilovers
Get 17" v6 wheels (don't you dare paint them faggot) if you want a change
Subtlety is your friend when modifying an accord
You could paint the calipers if you want to be a bit of a toss

Fuckin Rights all my cars have coils and i spent $800 on coils per set and now im gonna go back and respend the money getting better quality parts

Why would I paint the calipers that's the most soyboy thing you could do.

post your car then

dd this and save money for an actual enthusiast car that wont make you look like a nig or a 16 year old if you rice it out

So putting a exhuast and coilovers is ricing?

It's only not ricing when you own a meme car. Get a Miata or MR2 then suddenly it's an approved mod.

first mod should be a hatchback civic

Miatas and Mr2 are getting depressingly expensive in my area
NA Miata's with 150k miles want 7k now

>the "meme car" autist is at it again

600 are cheap coils. First good quality coils are BC BR\s at 850

Same here, they're nowhere near worth the money anymore. But hey they're good because they're memes. Can't enjoy a car unless it's a meme.

you sound like a retard

No. Painting your calipers is beyond most soys since they have to pull some bolts to get them off. Painting them red is full boyracer but a nice subtle color can be a nice accent
For wheels you could also use the hfp? wheels. I've seen a set on an accord and ot looks ok without going overboard and the styling matched the car
Realm what you want to do visually is give a subtle hint of sportiness which is why I don't recommend lowering the car at all
If you're doing an exhaust don't be a cheap cunt and buy a full system. Fuck the cat. just get rid of the thing entirely

>Fuck the cat. just get rid of the thing entirely

Full ricer tier. This is a good way to make your car sound like shit.

I mean you can mod any car you like but why the fuck get a shitty overweight fat ass FF luxobarge and make it handle like a meh overweight fat ass FF luxobarge.
Get a civic or integra if you want end up with a good FF cause that accord aint achiving shit unless its stripped out completely.
But spending 1200 on tyres and rims, 750 on an ebay exaust and then 20 dollars for coilovers is retarded. IF anything skip exaust and get nice lightweight wheels and tyres and a good set of quality coilovers. You are getting bullied right now because youre a retard who bought an accord and then thinks 600 dollar coilovers are going to be better.

>removing the cat by replacing the entire exhaust system will mak.e your car sound shit and is river tier
No that's a catback you're thinking of
A nice full system is going to sound good without being gunshot in a room tier loud

Hurr durr why enjoy a car, performance is all that matters.

No, decats sound like shit.

Then enjoy it stock ? He can still mod it, but the choice of car is odd.

Why does everything have to be for performance? That's benchracer shit. If the mods make you enjoy the car more that's all that matters.

This is why I say Veeky Forums isn't an enthusiast board.

lmao you're fucking poor if you think $800 is expensive for a suspension, enjoy your ebay suspension that'll last a year before it starts leaking

>once you remove the cat the car sounds shit
K
How much emissions koolaid will you sell me?

The accord coupe weighs 120lbs more then a focus st and 50lbs more then the i30n. And I asked for recommendation for better coilovers then TEIN Street Basis Z and no one replied other then a suggesting HFP suspension.

Also enjoy your interior reeking of gas. Decats on street cars are retarded you ricer.

I just think spending $800 in aftermarket coilover will get you better results then the HFP. I said they were overpriced not too expensive.

>Why does everything have to be for performance? That's benchracer shit. If the mods make you enjoy the car more that's all that matters. This is why I say Veeky Forums isn't an enthusiast board.
Why are so asshurt no one's gonna give this guy free sympathy simply by virtue of modifying his car ? If he enjoys modding it just for the sake of it, no one has to cuddle and congratulate him just for it. Why are you so attached to hugboxing ? Why do you want everyone to laud him for changing some parts on his car ?

Why are you attached to seeking validation from benchracers? Sorry you guys aren't car enthusiasts, maybe you should find another board.

You are C-A-N-C-E-R

>Hurr durr why enjoy a car, performance is all that matters.
there are cars you enjoy and the cars that you buy because you know nothing about cars.
Honda accord is the latter. You can mod it to be better but its honstly cheaper to get a secondary car and keep that accord as a winter beater/practical daily.

Theres enjoying a car and then theres buying absolute fucking normie garbage and pretending youre a fucking enthusiast because you spent 600 dollars on fucking coilovers because you are now a god damn epic tuner man performance street racer.

Do you realize amping the asshurt up to 11 doesn't make up for arguments ? Maybe it's because I live in a country with fairly strict modding law, but no auto club I've ever visited shared your snowflake hugbox mentality.
The most recent project I've seen completed at the club near me was a R8 Gordini replica made from a normal R8. Everyone was hyped and found it awesome.
I really don't get your childish "throw upvotes at me because I changed the exhaust on my car, otherwise you're cancer !"

BC BR is the cheapest you should ever go for a coilover.

Nigger did you botch a decat, create and exhaust leak and then come here to bitch at me
Miss me with that gay shit faggot

>If the mods make you enjoy the car more that's all that matters.
Are you having a meltdown because people don't give pats in the back to any special snowflake who "makes his car his very own" ?

>You can only enjoy meme cars

Fucking lol, this board is garbage not for enthusiasts.

You're such a tryhard. I'm sure if you keep acting like an edgy faggot you will get validation. Not from car enthusiasts of course, because you hate cars.

>benchracers are triggered and in full raw anal damage mode

lol, please learn about cars and maybe you can actually appreciate theme some day.

>Not from car enthusiasts of course, because you hate cars.
It's funny to read that from you. You don't own a car, you're not part of any real-life car club, you've never assisted to any motorsports event. You're just an avid redditor who's sickened he found out real life isn't reddit.
Of course everyone enjoys his car, even most car non enthusiasts enjoy driving and grow attached to their cars.
But somehow you want everyone to act as a hugbox and congratulate everyone for enjoying their car ?

being a car enthusiast doesn't mean you have to celebrate every tacky idea an ignorant vaping wanker comes up with

and generally performance = enjoyment for most enthusiasts, we can tell when your enjoyment comes from posing rather than driving

I have driven boring normie shitboxes like OP
And I have driven fun cars.
At least its not a passat or wagon golf gti or garbage like that, its still better leaving it stock and getting an actual real fucking fun car instead of looking like a ricer.

Notice OP has
>said he owns a boring car no person who enjoys driving would ever own as their only car
>did not specify the reason he is modding the car
>is getting unspecified wheels, tyres, cheap as fuck ebay coilovers and ebay exaust

he does not give a fuck or udnerstand what he is doing.

If you mod your car you mod it for a reason and come with concrete questions because you look into what you need for your goal and what things you need for that not
>hey i wannna bolt some ebay parts onto a shitty boring econobox am i like you guyse yet

>it's another "ricers ruin a coupe version of a family sedan" episode"
You faggots are ther eason why I see so many of these fucking things trashed. Kill yourselves

So much projection lol.

there is nothing that screams RICER more than ricing a fucking coupe when a million miles better hatchback is available

nigger i fucking race and all my mods are not to make my car faster because it is exacltly where I want in terms of learning, they are all focused on reliabilty and quality of life.
And I daily it because i'd rather deal with heavy clutch and light flywheel in traffic than suffer through a fucking autotragic.

OP is a shitty ricerfag.

Imagine a car board where no one likes cars unless they're memes so they can be validated when they acknowledge the existence of said meme car. Imagine a board where everyone benchraces and no one enjoys cars. Imagine a board of nothing but posers, mad because someone called them out on their bullshit.

I haven't laughed this much on this shithole in a long time.

you mad? etc

>engine swap
>RWD conversion

Why would anyone do this? Just buy something that already has 8 cyl and rwd. Like you aren't going to pay a shop for this work anyway. kys.

I know you do this just for the attention and have no intention of answering this, but let's ask anyway:
>what car do you own ?
>are you part of a car club ?
>what racing events have you gone to ?

so you mean op is a benchracing poser, yeah we knew.

it was a joke. A funny one.
>"I-I'm not mad ! You guys all are !"
Stop posting, or answer

GRR I R HARDCORE ENTHUSIAST
U R RICER

>someone on a board dedicated to car enthusiasts races
>thatis impossible

do you go on /v/ and ask proof if someone plays video games?

fucking normies.

if you dont at least autocross you don't give a fuck about driving

>I haven't laughed this much on this shithole in a long time.

no one believes you

it's far more likely that you're actually quite angry