Why are SUVs popular?

Because normies have shit taste

That way Brittany can see over the other cars into her iphone.

because most people really just want something with a lot of space for people/objects, something that's reliable in the winter time, and something that is big, high up and "safe". enter the SUV

Because they are basically just big cars now. More storage capacity for hauling groceries, ikea shit, kids, etc, and they are bigger so people feel safer inside and can see above other vehicles. Personally I'm not a fan of them, but I'm a single guy who doesn't need to carry much stuff.

Because the autistic posters on Veeky Forums who don't like SUVs hate anything that isn't a $3000 manual shitbox that they can buy on a mcdonalds salary. Then spend every weekend fixing something that broke but it's ok because they are true car enthusiasts.

muh safety feelies

Because of women. As soon as they give birth, they will want to put their questionable driving skills behind the wheel of the biggest tank that they can afford. As they apply their makeup during the morning commute, they just want to be able to safely crash into anything else regardless of the damage, as long as their own kids are safe.

Because Stacy wants to look like she's rich.

It's all about social status, and appearance, these days.

I think most of Veeky Forums just prefers sports cars, SUVs not being sports cars, it's no wonder Veeky Forums isn't filled with anons that like SUVs.

>Women
>Muh safe
>Muh status symbol

And this.

Status, many dumb normies care about status because their shit isn't sorted out. Bill Gates and all the super wealthy don't really care about status, they all care about money and didn't spend it all on SUVs when they had little.

Cause vans are a thing

CUVs are the hot ticket right now. Modern safety standards have made it nearly impossible to make small sedans/coupes anymore.

Have you seen a modern civic? Those things are massive, it makes sense to just turn the whole platform into a CUV instead so at least you get a little more practicality.

IMO there are barely any coupes or sedans that are even worth buying anymore

I was in line behind a mustang last night just looking at how big and high off the ground it was.

This is seriously making me rethink what I'mma do. Bitches don't think it be like it id, but id do.

I just bought a crossover, why?

>ride height / visibility / safety
>comfy interior
>they get insane 26-33 mpg now, so why not?
>utility

Honestly, I think sedans are sort of obsolete.

Are you a girl? Be honest (blue board so no tits requirement)

They've always been obsolete, just people have shit taste and buy the cucked sedan instead of the wagon despite the sedan's being objectively worse.

They're roomy on the inside, they usually have comfortable seats, and they provide a false sense of safety. They're also huge and expensive, and can be fairly nice sometimes, so people see them as status symbols. Meaning they give people bragging rights.

They're big, comfy, spacious and can kinda tow.

Sedans just do nothing for me. If I had to choose between a 4000lb sedan and a 4200lb crossover I'd go for the cuckover as would most people now days. Wagons are far superior to sedans.

You can blame the 20'' wheels for that.

>20" wheels
nah mate. try 20" ground clearance.

All the mustangposting recently got me thinking, but my sight line was literally at the bottom of the tail lights, watching a stretch of road in front of the rear carriage.

That boat would topple over from the weight

you didnt need to reply to the female baitposter

People still think bigger = safer
Most people prefer to sit higher because of some psychological thing idk
Gas is pretty cheap now, so getting a CUV/SUV isn't costing you that much more than getting a car (and even if fuel isn't cheap, CUVs/SUVs are more fuel efficient now than ever)
Wagons aren't really an option in the US or Canada (partly because no one buys them, partly because no one sells them).
Increased utility? (I don't quite get this one; I've never needed more cargo space than a sedan could provide, but then again, I never have much I need to move around)
Aging population, and it's generally easier for those with reduced mobility to get up into a higher-riding vehicle than into a lower-riding one.
Stupid stigma around minivans (which do everything a SUV/CUV does, but better) means that people would rather buy SUVs and CUVs.

Normies think bigger cars are safer.

Bigger cars are safer, but they don't necesarily need to be SUV's or CUV's.
An E-class is safer than a Polo, for example.

Boomers love wagons in Canada. There's quite a few available here and probably the US too. However the cheapest one you can get is a Golf, All the others are $50k+ "luxury" wagons. At that price point most people just go for a crossover or mall crawler spec truck.

When all the other vehicles around you are 5000lb whales you'll definitely be safer in the bigger vehicle. If anything modern hits me in my 2600lb shitbox I'm done.

bumpo

obama junkered other options