How do you guys own 90s sports cars? don't they break down a lot and aren't the repairs expensive...

how do you guys own 90s sports cars? don't they break down a lot and aren't the repairs expensive? do you have a reliable shitbox as back up?

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-dodge-stealth-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on where the 90's sports car came from. American 90's cars were all mass produced and most of them had many years of production so repairs are inexpensive. Imports are a different story but at least most of the engines are used in multiple models in a fleet of vehicles so they can at least be kept running for the most part. None of this applies to german vehicles tho.

>90s shitbox
>repairs expensive

nope.

>break a lot

nope.

Don't break any more than any other used car as long as it's maintained.

even my 70s sports car is reliable

Mmm my mark 3 supra's have been really awesome to dd and they're older. I think its all about quality/ sometimes you get a lemon

im assuming you do repairs yourself then? because i would imagine taking a 25 year old car to a shop would be extremely expensive

> Don't break any more than any other used car as long as it's maintained.

can you post examples of well-maintained models that aren't extremely expensive? i want to get into the "car scene" but not spend more than $10k if I'm going to need a backup car, or $20k if it's going to be my only car

>don't they break down a lot and aren't the repairs expensive?
Parts are the bigger issue. I've noticed parts for my Prelude becoming less and less common, and a ton of stuff you can only get from Honda has been discontinued. Regular wear parts are easy, but you'll have a hard time if some fancy tech from that era (ex. ATTS on my Prelude) decides to break.

>because i would imagine taking a 25 year old car to a shop would be extremely expensive
Not at all. There are plenty of small local shops that will work on anything for a fair price.

>Prelude
>sports car
Lol retard

I had less issues with my 85 Corolla than I did with my 07 civic. Spent less than $1.5k in two years and 90% of that were upgrades and cosmetic shit. You just need to find a well cared for car.

>Prelude
The actual 90s Honda sportscar is either pic related or the NSX.

I like preludes, but it is no sports car. It's basically the civic si of it's time.

What's your definition of sports car?

>but not spend more than $10k
10k will get you any 90s sports car in showroom condition

Please buy me a Mk4 Supra TT
or maybe buy me I'll bet you 10k you can't.

sc isn't really a sports car. but it's not mortal eather.

also VQ30 maxima as a backup

It's pretty applicable to the conversation at hand, and has enough performance that it falls closer to sports car than econobox. People don't give the car enough credit.

i dunno if you can call a gs400 a sportscar, but i drive it like it's one

nothing except for body height sensor and mbc broke in the last two years, costed me total of 150$ to fix it, only mods afterwards

Holy shit lol he's not backing off
How can anyone be this delusional
>It's pretty applicable to the conversation at hand
"yes"
>and has enough performance that it falls closer to sports car than econobox.
"no"
>People don't give the car enough credit.
"yes"

>has enough performance that it falls closer to sports car than econobox
Isn't that Prelude very closely related to the Accord?

I had a 2001 Prelude SH. It was a nice cruiser, but too heavy up front to be compared to sports cars. Now my old 1999 Integra GSR on the otherhand...

>I had a 2001 Prelude SH
>It was a nice cruiser, but too heavy up front to be compared to sports cars.
Surprised you remember it that way. The SH was found by Car and Driver to be the best handling car under $30k, beating the Miata of that year. The overall weight is one of its weaknesses, but the distribution works fine for a FWD car.

I'll take a showroom condition 3000GT, please. A viper would also be acceptable.

The car did a great job putting down power to the road considering it was fwd. It felt more like an AWD coupe. The Integra on the otherhand feels very lightweight and the car begs to be revved and driven hard. It's the more eager of the two.

Here you go

bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-dodge-stealth-5/

L engines are forever.

i just do, yes and yes.
Yes a falcon

>normals the post

BUT WHAT IF YOU ARE A ANONYMOUS TRIPFAG?????????????

see?

>90s sports cars
I own an 80s sports car (T-Type Regal from 87) so not quite as relevant
>don't they break down a lot
Not really unless I abuse it too hard for too long (usually have something wrong after a day at the dragstrip, usually is still drivable but I have had to tow the thing a few times).
>aren't the repairs expensive
Less so if you can turn wrenches (I do for stuff that doesn't require me to use a hoist as I do not own a hoist) but the parts can get pricy for these limited-run cars
>do you have a reliable shitbox as a backup
Yes, a CTS and failing that, my wife's Lexus.

Hellcat?

just go to nipnong land
I WUNDAH IF U KNO
HOW DEY LIVE IN TOKYO

>worst wheel drive
>sports car

Please sir, pick only one

Are there any reliable and cheap 90's/early 2000's sports-cars or roadsters that is not a miata?

Define cheap. An AP1 S2000 is definitely worth looking at if it's in your budget.

I wish this meme would end.

>exclusively drive 80s shitboxes
>none of them have ever broken down
>constantly use them breaking down as an excuse as to why I'm late/cant go to things

between a 6th gen celcia and an mr2 which car would be be better?

Better how? Which MR2? Celica GTS?

if they survived until now theyre probably fine or theyre completely ruined and have been scrapped already

Besides rust, parts are cheap and plentiful in Chicago if you know the boneyard guys and other enthusiasts with shops.

Should I buy a gen 6 civic for my first car? My friend tells me it's a bad idea, because I'll use it for a dd in city traffic to get to work, and says old cars are not reliable.

i kind of want a 90s nsx just because it appears like it would be easier to maintain mechanically over a ferrari porche lambo etc

Hope you have $40-$60 for one that hasn't been trashed
I personally would love to own an NSX