ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Time to dive into the fireworks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gK_GpKfVyl4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/spacesuits.php#id--Skintight_Suits
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502674483804.webm
youtu.be/pV_V03j79fM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for bombers.

First for Wyvern a cutie

Discuss.

First for Swedish jets

4th for biggest

Russian planes are a meme.

impressive pilot survival rate

That is true

>wrong pic

There is literally nothing wrong with SlyCooperFan1

>t. Sly

Second for sexy Gripen

It's super weird when other people post F-4s.

Have some more cute spook

Won't even question this one

Forward swept cuties.

>fw 198
Wat

Future War 198X

And here I thought that was some other napkinwaffe thing by Focke Wulf.

>doesn't even recognize Tu-22M2's
s m h

Well no, but I know my ruski stars and I also know that FW never produced any shit like that, but you never know with some animus

youtube.com/watch?v=gK_GpKfVyl4

>9

>V.05

Got sauce for that one?
Also, may I ask if you're learning to fly as a civilian or in the military? I have some questions about the later's gear.

Not pilot user, but that animu is most likely Konpeki no Kantai, crazy alt-WW2 scenario where Germany beats the Soviets, Japan beats the US, then Germany and Japan fight.

>Konpeki no Kantai
That does look like it, thanks!

Ayy Gigi or Brady, what's up with that coop AC X2?

im gonna be busy from today to friday, maybe saturday and sunday too so no go

Hamachi machine broken
Sometime in the future, don't despair.

aaaaw bollocks. Maybe next time m80s.

>learning to fly as a civilian or in the military
Civ cessna tier pilot, can't help you with military gear.

There's a certain autist around here who can probably answer all your questions.

What's the question? And for what gear?

Thanks nonetheless.
If I'm guessing right, he could probably tell me all about this set, which is good enough for my purposes, tbqh.
Other than the more obvious pieces of a pilot's gear, I wonder what all the pockets usually hold (pic related is not a good example of the sort of suit I'm refering to.
It's for drawing and design purposes, I want to be able to draw pilot suits without forgetting elements.

Speaking of that gear, someone needs to tell me where the oxy hose connects to. It's aircraft fed, no? Where does it plug in, while not getting in the way?

>pockets
My best guess is the survival stuff, pilots carry quite a few rations and all for when they get shot down. But I'm sure there's more.
The only other thing I can guess is that you'd probably find something on the upper leg to hold notes, maps and stuff

That looks pretty antiquated, and it's not a great picture.

The yellow thing is probably the inflatable vest in case they end up in the drink. Modern ones are designed differently to try and force an unconscious pilot into a face up position, they don't go as far down the chest are are referred to as inflatable collars.

The pill bottle on the pilot's upper right is probably a strobe light. If i remember correctly, newer ones are self activating when immersed in water. Obviously the knife is the knife and the gun is the gun. The knife is positioned for easy access in case you need to cut the chute lines. A parachute in the water will get very heavy. The grey bit is the survival pack with radio.

On the legs a pilot wears leg garter restraints, and the G-suit "chaps" that will automatically inflate. Typically they will have a clear pocket for a map. A red light is typically carried so as not to ruin night vision when using it. Normally a grease pen is used as well.

>Speaking of that gear, someone needs to tell me where the oxy hose connects to. It's aircraft fed, no?

Depends on the aircraft. On the F-15E for example, it attaches from the right sidewall of the aircraft near the emergency manual chute handle, and connects the the regulator on the end of hose. The hose hangs from the mask exactly as pictured, and the aircraft feed hose connects to it.

Well, for Navy pilots the gear usually looks like this:
They wear a low profile floatation collar, which you can see around the neck. On the front there is an oxygen regulator in a bag, where the hose to the oxygen mask ends. Extending from that bag, an oxygen regulator is installed, where the pilot can regulate the oxygen pressure under the mask. On the left you can see a flashlight, with a weapon in the pocket next to it (most likely not 100% sure). On the right, you can see two pockets containing survival gear, such as a knife, a carabiner, a two-way radio, painkillers, a whistle, a signal light, a bottle, a text in multiple languages, a small rope and some ammunition. I'll get a picture of that posted as well.

Here it is.

>If i remember correctly, newer ones are self activating when immersed in water
That is correct. At least it is a requirement for civil life vests, and I doubt they changed much on that front for the military.

>log into infinity to see if it's ded yet
>see all the /aceg/ people i added to my friend list
>full of last log in 8+ months ago
What a sad way for infinity to die.

Neat. I'm not and can never be a pilot, so all my information is second hand. It's nice to know when it's accurate.

Why can't you be a pilot? D:

Sorry about the quality. It's an early 50s flight suit. Pic related is from the sixties, in case you spot things that were added between revisions, but I think you two covered just about everything. Thank you very much!

A couple additional questions:
Would a pressure suit be able to be used as a G-suit too (or at least adapted for that)? Would a mechanical counterpressure suit be usable as the sort of pressure suit worn by pilots or is the later usage of term misleading me?
(I come from a mostly space-oriented background, so I sometimes wonder if I'm not mislead by false cognates) I will not discard not thinking straight due to being sleepy, that said.

Or let me clarify it's a european requirement for sure. No clue about FAA or ICAO, but probably too, shit's all similar anyway.
You can just look that up for american stuff on ecfr though. Title 14 and then probably Subpart K of FAR 121

They don't let autistic people into the ariforce.

>remember I've got something like ~20 unused fuel
>think "Hey, I'll start an /aceg/ Buddy room!"
>log in
>start trying to find a mission because why not
>[No rooms found]
>check my mission completion rank
>fucking D
>remember that it's still fucked from when my host ragequit and kicked everyone the last time I played
>remember why I quit playing in the first place

I wouldn't be able to obtain a class 3 or higher medical certificate.

A pressure suit by itself wouldn't be able to function as a G suit, as a full pressure suit exerts pressure evenly on the whole body to allow respiration. A G-suit works by restricting circulation in the lower extremities so that blood is not able to pool there during positive G situations. You could wear a G-suit underneath a pressure suit.

The more brownish coverings on the legs are the parts that inflate.

Also, a G-suit inherently has a partial pressure suit component to it to assist in breathing.

>"(2) Demonstrate an acceptable understanding of speech as determined by audiometric speech discrimination testing to a score of at least 70 percent obtained in one ear or in a sound field environment."
holy fuck i barely make it dont you fuck me biology

A pressure suit maintains even pressure by "inflating" itself with air, have I got that right?
A MCP suit maintains pressure by pressing against the skin, technically being an unpressurized suit. Would having areas that can adjust pressure to simulate a G-suit sound reasonable?
Sorry for asking theorical questions more fit for near-future speculative fiction discussion.

Guess that means everyone in this general wont be able to become a pilot

Well, a pressure suit is mainly there to keep a low pressure (such as the vacuum of space) away from the body. A g-suit is usually made of very tight trousers that inflate when the pilot performs high-g maneuvers, which presses blood out of the lower parts of the body and enables a steady stream to the brain, which prevents a blackout. Typical g-suits just apply pressure to the legs and the abdomen, high-g suits also apply pressure to the lungs to enable better breathing, thereby increasing endurance even further.
Kep in mind that g-suits can't enable a human to withstand more g's, but allow them to withstand higher g's (8-9) for longer.
The only way to increase the g-limit of a human is via liquid breathing, but that sutff's not even in a real prototype stage yet.

Thanks for clearing those points up. Isn't it preferable to lower the pressure around the lungs to allow breathing, though?
>liquid breathing
Now that I think about it, I never went into that rabbit hole with my ideas. I don't think I will since I imagine waterproofing all the instruments would be bothersome to say the least. For COFFIN cockpits, though... Too bad I don't use those, it's like a match made in heaven: mind-machine interface, high G resistance and sensory deprivation tank to eliminate any input noise.

In my understanding, in a full pressure suit, the suit is pressured with air to simulate an environment of higher pressure (lower altitude) to allow proper respiration. Above ~8,000m you enter the death zone, where there's not enough oxygen in the environment to actually sustain human life for an extended duration, there will always be a net deficit. You can breathe pure oxygen to combat this, but at about 12,000m you need to be breathing pressurized oxygen. At a certain point, the disparity between the outside pressure and your internal pressure means that respiration is impossible.

I don't know what an MCP suit is, but theoretically if it had isolated sacks of liquid or air that could be controlled by a g-valve, then yes it could function as a G-suit.

The idea I had concerning suits capable to apply pressure selectively mostly stem from the VOTOMS pilot suit, shown in the Pailsen Files to have "wiring" bellow them to interrupt bleeding, pic related.
Mechanical counterpressure suits are the irl counterpart to the sci-fi skintight suit, only actually working.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/spacesuits.php#id--Skintight_Suits

thoughts

What about them

endless

Awful way to pilot an airplane.

in

flight

YOU BROKE THE CHAIN YOU FUCKING BELKAN

atleast he didnt crash it

Indeed. I'm no Chopper

d e l e t
e
l
e
t

i'd rather be a chopper than a hamilton

>ywn lead an 8 man squadron with perfect uniform liveries
i just want to be Phoenix for a day

fox

two

Force Four

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502674483804.webm

>Hornets
Too bad the catapult didn't break.

You really don't like F-18s, do you?

I hate the Navy in general, fucking assholes with their boats and planes and soldiers, how come they get all three?
Pearl Harbour 2 can't come soon enough.

You hate them because they're well-equipped?

>armyfag detected

Also their plane looks dumb.

>in a general about planes
>armyfag
Really makes me think.

Why does the navy get plens anyway, wouldn't the air force get pissy about that

What's the Navy supposed to use to protect their ships, then? Harsh language?

Air Force planes attached to their fleets.

Isn't it just simpler to give the Navy planes to with as it pleases?

Also the Navy had planes long before the Air Force even existed, so this entire argument is retarded.

die

Then why do the marines get planes and operate them off of navy carriers?

>am armyfag
>in thread about planes
hmm

Because despite every ounce of work they put in to make you think otherwise, the United States Marine Corps is part of the Department of the Navy

Well of course they need Marines on Navy ships.
Sheep would be too obvious.

I though they separated a while back

Top Gun : Combat Zone, everyone?
youtu.be/pV_V03j79fM

i had that, but couldn't get past 1 of the misssions i think it was 1 of the missions in a city.
i might be able to do it now it was a long time ago, i was young when i played it

Navy don't have infantries except the SEALs

Quoting Marine-sponsored histories, they've been part of the Department of the Navy since June 30, 1834

Marines and sailors love puchis and they even have them sing the US national anthem

remember to report the puchifag above me

Puchis are part of AC, as seen in this picture
They are on topic

what the fuck are these
they're not even entertaining just autismoshit cantonese cartoons