2018 Civic SI lease

Hey guys, about to leasea civic SI.

With $2,000 down, is a payment of $274 good?

Will post pics when (if) I go through with it. Thanks!!

Other urls found in this thread:

bankrate.com/calculators/auto/lease-buy-car.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Making Payments
>On a fucking Civic

Top fucking kek

That's a lot of money for a two year lease that you won't get any of your investment back on. The SI is also going to be underwhelming, it performs worse than a v6 family sedan.

>buying used car
lmao poorfags

>lease

OP here. Trading in a car that has 150k on it right now. Seemed like a good idea to get rid of it before it has more issues. Leasing you have the option to buy as well, couldn't it work itself out at the end?

Protip: Veeky Forums is retarded when it comes to leasing. They think it's a waste of money because "hurr durr you don't own it". They'd rather buy a shitty old beater and replace 70% of it over the next 10 years because they're poor. But more to the point, the Civic Si sucks. Get a TypeR of you want sportiness, or get an Accord if you want a nice DD.

How much are you actually paying for it, whether you do buy it or not
>herp derp down
>hurr durr a month
are all Jewish Tricks

Fuck that I'm replacing a good 30% of it after about 10k just in case there's something horribly wrong with the one I got.

I just bought a used truck...again...and have since 2001...I don't see any issue, so why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom of not buying used there senpai...

Or you could lease and never worry about it ever

Other than the terms of the lease, I suppose.

how long is the lease? 24 months?

>leasing
kys. i pay less than that every month for my V8 sedan.

Just long enough to keep him coming back for the newer Honda down the line with the trade-in program that knocks dollars off the top.

This is the cocaine of the sniffing Jew. It's almost like GMAC all over again.

or you know, you could spend that 2k making you current car good for another 100k miles.

current car is a 2010 ford focus. The idea is to get something sexier.

You need to look at the total cost initially, the total cost at the end of the lease, plus the depreciation of previous year models.

You may lease it for 2 years, then come find out that it's depreciated so much you basically threw your $2k+$274/month down the toilet.

Leasing is fine, just need to run the numbers. Lots of calculators online to get a general idea.

>mileage cucked
>still pay for maintenance
>monthly payment to “borrow” a car
>full coverage insurance on new car
>any damages at the end of lease you pay for
>any miles over you pay for
>can’t mod
>spend 8k+ over 2 years with nothing to show for it except a smug salesman

Just lease and don’t worry about it bro :^)

>civic
>sexy
Yeah maybe back in the 90s

Why does Veeky Forums give it to me real everytime? Fuck it then, you guys wouldn't believe how much Veeky Forums has made my life better.

>$2k down on a $25k car

At least you're buying something unlike leasing

>leasing
>thinks hes "buying" a new car
lmao get cucked

What the point of spending $2k after it leaves you stranded and you miss an important meeting?
Get a job, kid

You can always buy out the car at the end of the lease. My Mazda 3 was cheaper this way than financing

A car from fucking 2010 isn't going to leave you stranded unless you've neglected it. And I do have a job faggot. No company is going to fire skilled labor because they were late to a meeting. Looking for candidates is just as shitty for them as it is for someone looking for a job.

You're OP?

2017 Civic Si owner here. If you want a sporty car that you can beat on and have some fun, it's a great DD. I get around an average of 35 mpg. I will say, the rev-hang and lack of power at the top really does suck. But test drive it and decide for yourself. I like my car a lot even though it has flaws. Pic related, it's my Si.

What's this rev-hang thing? I had to ride in a gook rental that did that.

Do you mean to say that your foot doesn't control the throttle?

>Leasing
>On A Honda Civic Si

At least the full insurance will pay it off when you total it wrapping it around a telephone pole, OP

>Recently, manufacturers have been intentionally implementing rev hang within ECU programming to save themselves from a potential emissions scandal. When the throttle is released and the clutch is dipped, an ECU with rev hang is programmed to leave the throttle slightly more open than usual

>150k
>"Issues"

lmao

>Leasing a Honda

You're a moron if you think making a car payment for 3 years for a car you have to return at the end is a good deal. Buying used you own that shit free and clear.

Stop buying poorfag brand cars if you think 150K is the max. lifespan of a car. I have 215,000 miles on my 1994 Mercedes

>emissions scandal
Why don't they just have a mass strike against anti-scentificism?

>have to return at the end
Tell me how I know you're a poorfag that doesn't understand how leasing can work

Because they want to sell cars

But I thought workers of the world uniting and walking out the factories was the very basis of collective barganing.

>What's this rev-hang thing?
>i was riding bitch in a car

>busrider too dumb to use google

>too dumb to use google
True.

I don't use anything to do with that outfit. And now that they no longer fund me I can talk shit about Google without fear of losing funding anymore. Now I can say things that I know about Google that they didn't want me to know about :^)

When you depress the clutch at higher RPM's the revs hang where they are and it makes changing gears rough at the upper RPM's. Hondata and other ECU solutions can solve it, but it is still a pain. I'm going to pick up a hondata flashpro soon, if this thread is still alive I'll post results. Also, test drive it you degenerate bus rider.

I's terrible. I can't even shift from 3rd to 5th without waiting for the engine to spin back down.

I thought I bought this thing for NA feel. Seems like maybe a lightweight flywheel would fix it, but then probably the ECU would throw 12 codes and flashing lights. I'm not keen to take the dashboard out just so I can put electrical tape over the lights where nobody will see it.

You've already failed if you had a car with 150K leave you stranded. Learn to routine maintenance, faggot!

>not paying cash on a new car
holy fuck, and you call other people poorfags?

You're a retard and everyone knows that.
You ended up paying much more for your shitty Mazda than you would have buying it outright.

Nowadays cars are on some drive-by-wire system eg the gas pedal isn't linked by a wire cable to the throttle, instead its a fuckton of electronics and sensors that detect you're hitting the gas and in turn let some proportionate amount of gas to the engine. FWIW just another thing to fuck up and act shitty in but a few years into ownership

It really is a bad company. Let the hate flow through you.
If I were to lease a new Honda I'd get the Accord it seems nice

I miss my mechanical shtbox. I'm not going to buy a new soygoy shit at this rate.

I gave it a shot to find out how much I might hate it. The last chance it has is if I can adjust the stupid clutch.

You could pay off the rest of the car but by that point the Blue Book MSRP of the car will be far lower than the rest of the balance to own the car. Nobody would spend $25000 to finish buying a car that sells used for $9000

Their attempts at security aren't even worth a laugh. They went and hired infants who couldn't have even been skiddies.

I can't bring myself to go back there now in the day and age of phone cameras.

Get a Mercedes from the 1990s, they are in this sweet spot where they are modern enough to have the interior shit you'd like yet old school enough not to have 1,001 electronics sensors to go batty and make the car fuck up otherwise. Plus they still built them like tanks. Shutting the door or the trunk you get a deep bass thud like you closed a bank vault or the door to a bunker

>t. 1994 Mercedes owner

$274/mo for a lease is bad.

bankrate.com/calculators/auto/lease-buy-car.aspx

Yeah but I don't want a 6000lbs boat.

That's why you get a 190E or a C43, you're thinking some whale car like an S500 there. The 190E/C-Class cars are about the size of a BMW 3-series/M3 dimensions

Those are all troublefarms in the US. Here we only have japcars and trucks.

Are you talking about the Hondata flashpro or the shitty rev-hang?

Why the fuck would I spend all that money in one go when I could invest it instead?

By the end of the lease I'd only have to pay $8k Canadian to buy my car back. The situation you're describing only applies to dumb fucks who put nothing down

>Leasing a 20k car

Kekkles

>Get TypeR

I bet you must think McDonalds is also a luxury dining experience.