/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

5thGen cameo edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Previous thread

Reminder

4U room is still up for anyone who wants some wholesome Ukanlos farming

ID is 30-2195-4416-1296
pass is 7243

who is this semen demon

Only two more days until Monster Hunter Frontier Z is released!
Aren't you excited?

Test

>being excited to eat the japs' leftovers

who did this

>the japs' leftovers
An apt description of XX, dare I say.
Of course I know you're a Worldshill in disguise so shoo shoo

The "average is beautiful" leftist SJW crowd.

>JP
Thanks for paying double the price to beta test our game!

>implying japs care about SJWs

I was more upset about the fucking sinful voice acting but lol okay buddy

>that
>average
>implying the devs give a shit about the sjw audience
mainline MH has always had ugly faces, now they're just higher-poly ugly faces.

Sloppy.

>faces finally have actual graphics instead of having to be mostly texture
>basically look like full 3d versions of mostly-texture faces from previous games
>weebs who've looked at so much sexy huntress pin-up fanart they forgot what in-game characters actually look like hate it

Sure thing.

>we want the western audience
They care.

I want to see more of Monster's Dogma

SJWs are not actually the western audience. They can bully western game devs because of moral panics but the people who actually buy the games mostly don't give a fuck.

SOON™

They've taken over in any case.

Taken over what, exactly?

I'd rather play with Resident Evil 5 faces than the other dauntless abominations.

Nothing, user is retarded, just like basically anyone who brings up "m-muh SJW!"

*blocks your path*

Why are they so tanky.

I'm not sure what's happening in 2nd gen when it comes to monsters dealing damage to other monsters.
Vespoids can take endless fireballs from a G-rank los before dying while you can only take 2.

Insects will take over the earth

sieg heil to that

Does he have more HP than Gog?

Congas and Aperos are tanky as fuck to hunter hits as well.

>he

>"usually we only get the G versions"
Why do people say this so often?

grandpa brains

I wish only G-versions existed.

Does it have Mega Grandpa?

IIRC in second gen they could be staggered by other monsters but didn't actually take damage. I want to say this was the case in third as well. In 4U monsters definitely damage each other though.

I don't think that's even the case.
We got MH1 and MHP, next was MHP2 and MHP2G, then Tri and 3G, 4G, and Gens.
Don't know if I'm missing something but 4 was the only one and people just seem to parrot this regardless of how long they've been into MH.
Maybe its one of those things where if something isn't announced for the west they delude themselves.

In 3rd gen they took real damage from other monsters. Jho would damage Peco a lot.

4th gen is just gen 3.5 in reality

Are CBs with Element phials shit in Generations?
Even if I'm using them against monsters weak to that element?

They damage each other, just low numbers.

Nope, they're actually pretty good. They especially ruin shit like gravios and chameleos.

For those who like saving MH pics.

Er, I should point out, however, that with those you typically SAED spam. It's all about getting as much elemental phial damage out there as possible. I could be remembering wrong but I believe an elemental SAED is potentially around 1000 elemental damage (ie the equivalent of a weapon having 10000) delivered all at once. That's for the watatsumi specifically, the CB of choice for hunting Gravios.

wait fuck just realised you said generations

I don't know in that case, I heard elemental CB was nerfed. Apparently its AED/SAED doesn't get boosted phial damage anymore so it does 66% of the damage it did in 4U or something. Should still be good against monsters like cham that have bad raw hitzones but good elemental ones.

Considering JP gets better events, more freebies, everything sooner, and if push comes to shove will not be terminated first; I'm quite ok with making sure everything all shipshape for you.

Mega grandpa is Z2, still a ways off for TW.

>with those you typically SAED spam

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind and play accordingly.
In that case I'll probably make a raw damage CB for general use, and a Thunder and Dragon CB since they seem to be the more useful elements overall.

should definitely note as I said in that I was thinking of 4U though, I don't know what the situation with it is in Generations though CB in general was nerfed in various ways across the board

Not really MH related but it's nice to teach people this sort of stuff instead of having them posting the low res jpg versions.

Oh...
Well, that is unfortunate.
I might as well give it a try though, I just want an excuse to make and use this weapon tbqh
Guess I can use it for not too serious hunts.

>autism

6fps

Have you submitted your weapon design? You ARE making one, aren't you?

Yeah, make sure to post yours on the Monster Hunter Subreddit once it's done, user!

25-4735-5903-9148
unlocking sakura farm
mhgen

what does the weapon design contest have to do with reddit

Are there any monsties that AREN'T in Stories?

Redditors keep posting their designs there, disqualifying themselves

Well, they ARE redditors.

Based fucking Capcom. That's why you always read the damn rules.

Considering that Nintendo themselves had to pick up MHStories how likely is Stories 2?

It has to sell really well here, and then Nintendo will have to fund 2 almost entirely.

It's not gonna happen.

Seemed relevant enough since most stuff posted around here comes from these 3 sites.

>contest ends in 2 days
>still haven't gotten past the sketching stage
I shouldn't had gotten side-tracked these past weeks but I think I still got time.

What the fuck is that hairdo on that redhead chick?

That's a shame, its also a shame it wasn't the Switch MH since XX is fucking trash and Stories would actually look good in HD.

>chick
user...

Is that a randoseru? Which armor set give me that?

Not a Rider, not armor.

I figured it would be like that but I'm still disappointed.

please be patient

Does Evasion+1 basically give you the same amount of i-frames you'd get in Souls?

Souls is closer to evasion +3

What said.
Though you're not supposed to roll through most attacks in monster hunter and some are even impossible to I-frame without evasion skills due to lingering hitboxes.
Positioning is more important than good timing.

KILL the basarios

>Using both positioning and good timing to dodge through the majority of attacks short of things like Gog tar explosions
>Even Grav farts can be rolled

Nothing better than finding a new method of attack by slipping through a monster's swipe.

>you're not supposed to roll through most attacks in monster hunter

t. adeptfag

Post a video of you rolling through Diablos roar

just kill the majority of the first 2 gen monsters
most of them suck

I don't know exactly what the developers were going for with how they handled evasion skills and base I-frames or even how roars work so I'm going to restate: you're not supposed to roll through most attacks in monster hunter at low to medium level play without evasion skills.
But you don't know either, so unless you can pull up an interview stating the logic and reasoning behind which attacks can be dodged through and how easily, your statement is worthless.

So I just started a new 3U save and damn, I had forgotten how chill this game was, the slower paced gameplay sure is a blessing after X/XX hysterical and rather tiring pacing.

Say hi to Ivory for me when you reach it.

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

>you're not supposed to roll through most attacks in monster hunter at low to medium level play without evasion skills.
That's just you being bad, so get gud okay, seethie?

>it
Him

I'm always flip flopping between dual blades and hammer and I figured I'd drop in and ask for some viewpoints. Any reason I should pick one over the other or is it mostly playstyle and it does not matter? I've also never touched the greatsword but I hear it mentioned a lot, what makes it so great? I play mhx, solo mostly. Arts/style suggestions help too.

Do you think lagi can shock things with his penis?

Someone please point me to the small crown cephadromes, I think I should have found it in 200 cephadromes. I'm getting tired of abandoning.

>A REAL good player dodges attacks through positioning!
>Nuh-uh, a REALLY good player dodges attacks by using i-frames!
>Y-yeah?! Well, I bet you use Evasion+ skills because you can't dodge just using your base i-frames!
>That doesn't even matter, you shouldn't even be near the attacks to begin with! Proper positioning is the way to victory, and the best position is AFK in the base camp!
>Nyeah, right! My meownster hunter is just a great big paw loser!

This is what you fuckheads sounds like. Use a mix of both, stop being dipshits, virtually none of you are even good enough to be lecturing people.

>Any reason I should pick one over the other?
Different weapons have stronger monster match ups than others. I'm not a DB expert, but I'm inclined to say that DB is favoured vs Seregios but Hammer is favoured vs Tigrex, just as an example.

Greatsword is perennially a fantastic weapon, but less so in X/Gen.

For styles, Adept or Guild is the way to go for Hammer 90% of the time. Absolute Readines + either Absolute Evasion or Spinning Meteor is usually run. Aerial's not that bad, but hard to use effectively so I don't recommend it.

DB uses Striker or Adept almost always. Wolf's Maw III/Absolute Readiness for your first Art, for Striker run both and also use the appropriate level of Blood Wind. Monsters with long openings favour higher levels, monsters with shorter openings (e.g. Seregios, Rajang and Zinogre trips) prefer BW1. Aerial DB has pretty fantastic motion values, but it's still inferior to Adept / Striker. Pick Striker if you don't need Adept to stay safe and have infinite Mega Dash Juices, pick Striker if it's safe to go ham. Guild is a middle ground if you don't have MDJ's.

I believe lagi would need a crystal cock to do that

Evade literally adds only 0.2 seconds though to the base 0.2. It's not a big deal, but some attacks are literally undodgeable without evade +2.

As for being an amazing player, I ain't. I just play to enjoy. 50% of the time I pull off amazing evades and then 50% of the time I fuck up badly.

The reason I don't care? I play solely on solo. I don't need to impress anyone and I don't bring anyone down with my fuck ups except myself and I'm not bothered because I'm having fun.

right here
*points to schlong*
w-wait thats a large crown, I swear

Does Lagi use the same skeleton as Fatalis?

>I'm having fun
You're a filthy liar. You're not having fun, fun is just a buzzword. Stop smiling, being miserable builds character.

>Doubling the base evasion time isn't a big deal
Iunno famalamborghini, that sounds like a big jump.