/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Last thread: - Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Splat Brella is released!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z5pPaZ-w78M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>rainmaker overtime
>activate baller and make a path for rainmaker
>saw enemy squid on the edge
>got distracted and tried to kill him
>lost because rainmaker died
>mfw we could have won if I didn't get distracted
S-sorry Rainmaker-kun...

Reminder that if Pearl could actually speak she'd sound like this
youtu.be/z5pPaZ-w78M

Reminder that Octarians stole Zapfish to power their Octoweapons of mass destruction, not lightbulbs (unless these lightbulbs are on octoweapons, of course).

Is there any better feeling than knowing that you personally lost the game?

>respawn on the reef
>all teammates are at mid
>enemy raimakrr takes the hallway shortcut and beeline for the goal
>only I can stop him
>hit my first shot on the slosher
>miss the second because I'm adjusting/refocusing my camera
>he dunks

AAAAHHHHH

>Octobrush
>Flingza Roller
>E-Liter 3K
Fuck this goddamn shift.

>no money from salmon run
>no money to scrub my gear

Why even bother today

Think about playable octolings for just one second and stop fangasming. This shit is the same deal as Splatoon. They were listed as a 3rd character option for the computer and not for the player. They have unused items because they're for the computer and not for the player. It's not uncommon for everything not to be available to the player. I swear to the Squid Sisters you guys are fucking retarded.

I guess I conveniently don't remember that grating voice from Voltron.

How can I stop being so bad at the game?

>Is there any better feeling than knowing that you personally lost the game?
You win some, you lose some. Feels better if you're the cause of the win.

They're for self-defense okay!

Play more. Critically analyze your own play, it's the only thing you can improve.

To be fair, you'd probably have lost anyways even if you did kill him since he got a distance of 1-4 at that point.

Why does the "OctBoy" parameter exist if there are no male octolings other than possibly octavio?

I'll make you a case of self defense

>getting a charger for salmon run
I am so sorry, crew.

But what if....it wasn't ?

how good is today's salmon rotation? It looks like shit but that's just at first glance

What does /ink/ think of ZackScottGames?

>Spawning Grounds

It's shit.

Shit
>1 shooter
>1 charger
>2 melee weapons

I have no idea who that is and don't care to find out.

You must be 18+ to post on this site.

The roller can kill chum by rolling over them, so it's okay.

They were also going to try and steal the fucking sun. I highly doubt that they'd be capable of actually destroying anything given that kind of brilliance.

Don't forget
>superbonus is ability chunks instead of ability drinks

ink recovery is shit now, apparently

They need the zapfish to power their failing domes to keep them from collapsing and them succumbing to rising water levels.

>defend teammate from enemy fire with the brella
>teammate runs away or swims past the shield and gets killed
You're supposed to shoot them while I stop them from shooting you, dumbass.

Does anybody know how many more panels there are?

Superbonuses are random and per-player, dingus. I have Cash as mine today.

Do you recover ink faster while swimming in ink or is that just placebo everyone thinks?

You can recover ink in kid form?

The drinks are nearly worthless anyway. You might as well farm chunks.

>weapons of mass destruction
>self-defense
The only specifically self-defense ones are Oven and Nozzle, immobile turrets. All other ones are mobile, poor for elimnating single targets but fantastic against crowds. Think of it- all the mobile octoweapons had dedicated charging attacks, perfect for sweeping entire streets of Inkopolis at once, and then smaller attacks like Maw's teeth or Shower's Stingray to finish off ones who hide in alleyways.

just stand still without firing. As long as your ink tank doesn't have any white it will start recovering

afaik it's just a placebo

>Superbonuses are random and per-player, dingus.
Rude. I can't tell since the gear you get is the same for everybody, so it's easy to imply that the same goes for superbonuses.

Yeah but superbonuses are presented as gacha balls, which...

Sex with Marie!

They boost the speed that you level your gear, so you can scrub a Splatfest shirt every 1 win and 1 lost in ranked battle with an increased chance of a specific ability instead of 2 wins with excess and no increased chance, so it's got that going for it.

If you stand around without shooting, you'll recover ink naturally. It's not very fast and it takes a second or two of idleness for it to actually start. Definitely not something you should be doing in battle.

There's a difference between staying still in squid form in your ink and swimming in it when it comes to recovering ink?

Here's that (You), you pathetic waste of shit.

>Obvious S rank player who got demoted to A on the enemy team
>Team can't do shit against him

I'd assume it'd help a lot for weapons like Blaster that have to recover for a whole second in kid form to fire a shot, disasterous if you're stuck in enemy ink.

There is no reason for OctBoy to exist if that's the case. If Ocoling boys were added to single player, they would be simple reskins of octoling girls. Too much work for no new gameplay features. The only reason for Octoling boys to exist is so octolings could be playable without forcing people to be girls to play one. From that, we can summise that octolings were or are planned to be playable.

>ink recovery is shit
>along with swim speed up
>quick respawn
>cold blooded
>stealth jump
>haunt
>and respawn punisher

Might as well forget all about abilities and wear the best looking clothes.

That was probably me.

Ink resistance is good.

Don't forget that ink resist is a meme. It looks useful but in practice it's not.

You can't defend yourself with immobile weapons. Immobile weapons cannot perform a tactical retreat, and without some kind of mobile weaponry to put pressure on the enemy, an immobile army is at a complete disadvantage. The octarian weaponry is necessary as deterrence as well as defense against any possible inkling attack.

no. I also worded the first response incorrectly and you can move in human just not shoot and you recover ink. No difference between moving and staying still in both forms, so its just a better idea to move as, well, you can get to places where your ink is needed faster

I'm able to turn my 12 shot Lunameme into an 18 shot Lunameme with all 3 Ink Saver mains, so I still got that going for it at least. I'll probably get Stealth Jump again once I bother putting Ink Saver on it.

stop blogging about your luna

How's my set looking? Currently grinding for the last Bomb Defense Up chunk.

but why did you only buy the luna blaster and splattershot tho

>run speed on .96

pointless

If I mention why, I'll get somebody arguing non-stop about it again. Probably this guy .

>Marina still working for Octavio is the simplest explination.
no, it really isnt
>why would Octavio let her leave to potentially give away the Octarian's only advantage on the inklings, their tech?
because he was imprisoned and she started her music career entirely on her own? this isnt some 5d chess thing here, marina has her own free will to do what she wants
>If (s)he didn't know, how does (s)he still not know given she's one of the most public figures in inkopolis, and built a stage with Octarian tech?
because agent 4 already rescued callie, marina is busy with her music career, and she has external friendly contacts within octo canyon to make shifty station.
>The only way Octavio would allow Shifty Station to exist is if he planned it himself.
he is in the damn snowglobe, how is this hard to understand? he cant do shit while in there, and all of the zapfish have been returned. he is out of the picture.
>Marina still working for Octavio unaware of the truth is the only explination that doesn't leave more questions unawsered
this is the stupidest assumption ive read yet about this. marina was a soldier until a concert changed her life and she decided she wanted to be a dj instead. this was shown in the sunken scrolls. she doesnt know anything about octavio's new exploits because she isnt a double agent, and built shifty station because she thought it'd be nice for the splatfests.

not everything has to be metal gear solid

Any pro SR rooms open? I'm bored and want to do my civic duty for papa bear.
2425-4129-2419

.96 is just what I feel like using right now. I alternate between a ton of weapons.

>People keep directly standing in front of the e-liter when they are trying to kill a steelhead
Kill me

Here's an even simpler explanation: you're all thinking way too hard, that's your problem.

user, thats my entire argument about this.

>only 3 weapons
Why? I mean, you can do what you want, but it wouldn't hurt to try new things.

Fully charged shots go through your teammates regardless

Or if you just want to be friends that's cool too.

I'll add you but my bad internet and shit pubbies trashed my ranking.

It's the scrooge user from last night, he doesn't want to buy anything even though he has nearly 400k on hand

Needs another panel of the last guy getting hit by a missle

>THAT'S A WRAP

Get it back up first then
Pretty ridiculous that it works the way it does

Think you already added me, Im ready to join.

Is drop roller useful at all? I never see people use it.

Thats ok, as long as I dont derank. I'm at 250pro right now i think

>have all bonuses for the day and at Pro 220
>decide fuck it let's just throw games to fuck other people over and get these shitters out of Pro cause I feel like being a dick
>keep getting paired with uber competent motherfuckers who are carrying my ass through
>decide to keep throwing but if they make it to round three I'll help
>get on the largest winstreak of SR I've ever had
>actually try one round and get paired with shitters getting themselves cornered by Scrappers and Steel Eels, carry them through wave 1 but eat it in 2
>go back to throwing and my winstreak continues
>get to 450 before I start finally losing matches
>now at Pro 0 and all my bonuses have me sitting at a cozy 864,958 coins
I mean alright I suppose

Room's up, BassSpace hosting. Got room for 2 more.

>were... planned
Yes. Unused content or scrapped idea. That's as far as you're able to go. There's no evidence to suggest that it will be released. Existence doesn't show intention because if it were the case, we would have playable Octolings in 1 without the use of hacks. If it happens it happens, but you have to remember you're looking at something that wasn't supposed to be looked at.

500k, actually. He could buy the entire shop stock three times over.

And yet he thinks he's too good for that.

>flank and sneak behind charger woomy standing on a ledge
>slap her butt once with an inkbrush
>momentum from the hit causes her to fall off the map while she starts spamming tap shots at the air
I love bullying squibs

Here's the comment thread if you want to see my reasons. Don't know why some guy's so butthurt over it though.

Room for one unless you guys want to use a random. fc is 2425-4129-2419

You forget that octarians live in bunkers, and tunnels to and between these bunkers are perfect chokepoints for immobile weapons to protect. But that's besides the point- all other weapons would wreak havoc if they were completed and deployed before Agents 3 and 4 came to destroy them.

This makes me madder knowing they fucked getting easy kills then

Splat yourself squigger.

Really wish there was a discord for /ink/ so setting this shit up didn't take as long

Discord was the reason setting this shit up takes so long in the first place.

>wanting the shittest of shitters to shit up and kill generals
Fuck off

pretty sure there is at least 5 discords, but they Bear questionable reputation around here

>Octavio was imprisined
He was not imprisned at the start of 2, and coyld have reasonably seen what Marina was doing int the time between his release and subsiquent defeat
>(s)he
No, he. As in Octavio. How does Octavio not know Marina built a stage using Octoling tech given it's so highly publisized? Don't say "because he was captured again" because that depends on when the player actually choses to finish single player. Alternatively, say he did get captured before he could do anything about Marina. He should reasonably know about her now, which means the most likely single player explantion would be him going after her. This would lead to her teaming up with agent 4 against him or being brainwashed and the Sisters freeing her. Either one could lead into Marina inciting a revolt among octolings if nintendo want's them to be playable.

Very well, I just like to be able to organize groups without shitting up the general. Not trying to erp or anything.

>Not trying to erp or anything.
So you're totally trying to erp aren't you?
Fuck off.

nobody said anything about ERP you creep

ERPcrutchfag detected

Said groups create drama, which inevitably spills over to the general. It never fails.

Keep your headcanon to yourself. Nintendo could pull an explanation out their asses whenever they liked, but since they don't want playable octolings you won't get them.

Live with it.

I just got the game

I can't aim for shit and R won't let me aim up or down

Where is Zapfish? I wanted to play single player but i can't?

pls