If you could only choose one type of petrol to fuel your car for the rest of your life, what would it be?

If you could only choose one type of petrol to fuel your car for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CwXRy2Owls8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

98 US octane leaded.

E85

this

or 100LL

SS 100! Not only is it street legal here in California, but I use it already for that sweet sweet little knock (^:

>free of charge
US 100 superpremium
>still have to pay for it
US 91 premium and buy octane booster

Avgas

Diesel-electric.

E85, it's fucking wonderful

Diesel

C O R N J U I C E

I know it's not petrol, but I want a car that can run on the thickest and dirtiest bunker fuel there is

>Flowing that hard right at the rim
Good lord that's going to make a mess.

Best I've found locally that I always buy is alcohol free 91 octane premium, so I guess I'd like to keep getting that.

Nitro fucking Methane.

youtube.com/watch?v=CwXRy2Owls8

Whatever my manual says obviously

If I still had to pay for it, probably 93 octane (us). That's the highest sold at pumps around here, what my car already takes, and fuck having to go to specialty shops every time you need gas.

Diesel
>Tfw car runs on petrol though

Diesel is the superior fuel and engine. Just emissions are worse

I have always wondered this.

>Watching movie
>Water is scarce in this place
>Monitored, governed and rationed distribution
>They are spilling water every-fucking-where

Why?

USA (AKI) 93 Premium. It's everywhere. It's not stupid expensive, and you can run almost any car on it. I could put it in an old stock Civic or I could put it in an F40.

Second choice would be E85. Problem is, I'm down in the south a lot and it's easy to go 300+miles without seeing a gas station with E85. But all of them carry 93oct premium.

For anyone wondering, Europe uses RON for their octane levels and USA uses AKI which is the average of the RON and MON index.

LPG with Liquid Injection.

Methanol

premium no ethanol

I dunno... I dont think my lawnmower or snowblower are all that picky

My car will run on basically anything flammable, I'd pick 99 (about 103 American) cause you never know, I might get some JDM thing that needs boost octane

Diesel

BP 98. I'd love to have an infinite supply of it

100:1 tcw3

That illegal 50c diesel
Always have a good old adrenaline rush when crossing the border with 50gallons in the trunk

This or e85

>100LL
kek, this or Jet A

Petrolfag nowhere near any borders, what 50c diesel?

"off road dyed" diesel for farmers to use in machinery.

I've always wanted to throw a block. But seriously my dream is to have a doorslammer running on nitro.

What kind of mpg difference do you see with E85 vs standard? The truck at work is flex fuel and it's getting a shit 8mpg on the stuff. Gov vehicle so we have to use E85. No idea what it's getting if we used petrol. Fwiw it's rarely taken above 25mph or it's towing so it's not exactly setup for some 36+ mpg scenarios.

Whatever busses in my city use.

CNG

Flexfuel and tuning to run e85 are two different animals. E85 is something like 105-110 octane, it actually has a cooling effect as it gets sprayed into the intake charge. Gets you large boosts in torque because of increased timing and knock becomes nonexistent.

E85 works best in high compression N/A applications and boosted applications. The Fa20 in the BRZ is 12.5:1 so it sees gains on E85.

Back when I had a car running E85 it was about a 4-6 mpg drop but around me it cost about 50 cents less than premium so it worked out fine. couldn't beat the 70 foot pounds of torque it added.

ah, I really should ask my local farmers if they have any I could buy for my diesel lawn tractor

Sometimes I forget how poor americans are.

hello
califag here
91 is sold as high octane here unless you want to pay 7 dollars a gallon for 99 at special racing fuel centers.
85 is what we buy for our shitmobile
>pontiac aztek

What the fuck are you on about? RON VS AKI, look it up.
>euro intelligence manifest

>What the fuck are you on about?
Americucks pitching about $7 a gallon, poorfags.

Yes, because our 87 (91 RON) sits around 0.5€/L or US$2.50/gallon and we're used to that pricepoint.

Poorfags

>we pay less for regular gasoline
>therefore we are poor
Can't hear you from the moon, eurocuck.

>>we pay less for regular gasoline
>>therefore we are poor

That is how free market capitalist markets work. Retailers charge the highest price that consumers can afford to pay.

If you're caught using it on the street, you better hope they brought lube.

Then why was gasoline at US$4/gal during the reported lowest point in US economics since the Great Depression?
Oil companies charge what can make them a profit, and depending on the cost to ship crude oil here and the price of crude, gasoline prices fluctuate.
What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a textbook leftist European calling Americans poor because he has a lack of understanding of how capitalism works.

Does it make a different color coal when rolling? If not, all the police in my area don't inspect diesel fuel on my cummins and no one would be the wiser otherwise.

>Retailers charge the highest price that consumers can afford to pay
false, retailers charge the highest price consumers are willing to pay

How else will people get to work with no petrol? Driving isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

>Driving isn't a luxury, it's a necessity
And you call us poor? Cars are the quintessential everyman's luxury item in America nowadays, since everyone can afford a shitbox that gets decent gas mileage and doesn't leak too bad.

Sorry, that was my first post in the thread.
Here in NZ, low 91 (98 is highest here) is over $2/L and nobody is really complaining. People were spitting tax 5+ years ago when it hit $2/l during whatever crisis it was but people just adjust budgets accordingly and keep buying petrol because they have to.

Oh, thought you were the Eurofag calling Americans poor. You're also on the RON system. 91 RON is 87 AKI and 98 RON is 93 AKI. I actually feel pity for you, because 91 RON is about NZ$0.86/L in my part of the USA. (US$2.50/gal)

Don't pity us, it's not like we're globally in the top 20 cost of living or anything.
But yeah. Petrol hasn't been that cheap since I was born some 30 years ago.

I'm 22, and my parents constantly bitched when I was a teenager about how gas prices weren't what they used to be, as they were under $1/gal until the first oil embargo

Had to look it up.
>There were some ups and downs through the '80s, stabilising at about $1.10 by the early 1990s – or $1.50 in 2011 dollars.

Eh, win some lose some. I doubt anyone will ever been cheaper than the US though, considering all your shady shenanigans surrounding oil.

Admittedly the US does do some shady shit, but we also tax our gasoline less than many Euro/Oceania countries

U.S. gasoline tax is one-third that of NZ and a whopping ONE-SIXTH that of the UK.

E10
for da sick boosted runs

I’ve saved enough since i started using it that i couldnt care less about a 500$ fine

i use 95 e its cheap

Pump premium