Is driving a car if you can't afford something nice a pathetic cope...

Is driving a car if you can't afford something nice a pathetic cope? Should we exile poor people to busses to reduce traffic?

Well?

this is now a dank maymay thread.

I think that public transit should be good enough that no one has to drive to an office. That alone will get most people off the road unless they really want to drive.

In dense cities you should never need a car.

>In dense cities you should never need a car.

you have never been on a bus in a libtard city have you?

Not everyone wants something nice. Literally every car I've ever had has been hit by someone. I don't see why I should dump huge money into a car some tard will just ruin.

I know what it's like. The US has underfunded transit so badly there's basically no police presence in busses and trains. It doesn't have to be like this. Go to any dense Asian city and you'll see that things are way better.

>Go to any dense Asian city and you'll see that things are way better.

the only dense asian city with non 3rd world transit that comes to mind is tokyo (seoul probably has one too).

As for tokyo, those gropings and continual suicides by people jumping in front of the trains are sure something we should all strive to have. Couple that with packing everyone like sardines into small metal boxes so close you can smell everyone elses breath (hoping that they brushed their teeth or bathed) is definitely better than cars.

Urbanization is modern slave incarceration and advocating for public transit is just allowing government to control your movement within predefined routes, never to leave the designated urban region

>cope

yes but in order for public transit to be good enough it has to
>come whenever I need to go somewhere not just once a fucking day and even then 10 minutes early or 1 hour late
>Go where I fucking want to go
>not give me a 50% chance of having to deal with retarded chavs or alcoholics and drug addicts

I only use public transport when I want to go to town to drink or when its a super short trip to town and I dont want to deal with parking and get the odo up for no reason on my beloved.

And I fucking hate it.

>New money

Not for long, at his rate

you've never list your home state have you

>you've never list your home state have you
>engrish

seems Ive offended some form of asian

You should travel more often because it's clear you don't really know anything about Asia.

Taiwan has a fully functional public transit system. Where the busses and subways won't take you, cheap taxis will. The same goes for all the big cities in China and South Korea.

The reality is that if you live in LA you know that a car society isn't freedom either.

>buses
>reduce traffic
Ahaha, no. Buses shit up traffic, poor voters demand bus lanes that steal lanes from regular traffic and are enforced by cameras, and drive up taxes.

Just let poor people drive cars as well, and everyone will be happy. Too poor to afford a car? Cycle on designated cycle paths, segregated from pedestrians (too slow to be safe around bicycles) and regular traffic (cyclists are too slow to be safe around regular traffic).

Literally the only value to buses is using their lanes on my motorbike to breeze past the gridlock at 50MPH.
To the point where I once saw a policeman with a mobile speed camera sat supervising rush hour traffic in the vain hope a biker would come along. The only thing he ticketed was a pigeon.

>The reality is that if you live in LA you know that a car society isn't freedom either.
>Commiefornia isn't free

No shit. But at least there is the ability to leave the city and drive anywhere at any time. That is true freedom you dont get with public transit.

also:
>You should travel more often because it's clear you don't really know anything about Asia.

Don't need to visit a 3rd world shithole to know its a 3rd world shithole. I mean, public transit is disgusting in the 1st world, now take that and add 20 times the people with less than half the understanding of hygiene and do you think its going to magically become a beacon of what public transit should be?

When there is a plague, Transit fags will be the first to go. look at SARS.

>Ahaha, no. Buses shit up traffic, poor voters demand bus lanes that steal lanes from regular traffic

poor voters here demand bike lanes then proceed to bitch about them constantly and never use them. They then ride into car lanes and still wonder why cars hate them.

>something nice
>posts ferrari

That's true freedom for literally everyone else in the world too. Not like you can't have a car in Boston or NYC. Unless you're so poor that you really shouldn't be owning a car anyways? The number of uninsured motorists driving rustbuckets with tires down to the cords and brakes down to the backing plate is too goddamn high in the US, and making everyone have to own a car just to get some fucking groceries caused this.

Subways in most of Asia are cleaner than literally anything I've ever seen in the US. In Japan and Taiwan, buses are clean enough that you could probably eat off of the floor. The US actually has appalling infrastructure and is incredibly backwards in a lot of ways, I'm completely dumbfounded by how so many people in the US walk around their houses with their fucking shoes on like a savage. Asian cultures in general care a lot about deference and consideration towards others.

Get out of the country at some point. Really. I know you're just pretending to be retarded but you should go and see how "savages" live. You'd be surprised.

>Asian cultures in general care a lot about deference and consideration towards others.

I get it now. the only understanding you have about asia is most likely as a short term tourist and/or through anime.

>That's true freedom for literally everyone else in the world too. Not like you can't have a car in Boston or NYC. Unless you're so poor that you really shouldn't be owning a car anyways? The number of uninsured motorists driving rustbuckets with tires down to the cords and brakes down to the backing plate is too goddamn high in the US, and making everyone have to own a car just to get some fucking groceries caused this.

I don't understand where the fuck this fits into the conversation. at no point did I say that public transit shouldn't exist only that It is FUCKING DISGUSTING and should not be a first choice for anyone or pushed down peoples throats to fulfill some form of urbanization fetish that millennial are fascinated with these days.

so maybe instead of using poorly maintained cars driven by poor people as a propaganda piece to support transit, we could use 1/10th of the tax dollars transit currently uses to subsidies basic car maintenance.

>Top 40

>now playing la la naughty boy

proves rich people have fucking zero taste

also look at that hairy jew fucker. like an ape

no.
we should exile them to motorbikes. I tested it, and in a week of commuting I spent less on my motorbike than I did commuting.

The understanding I have of Asia is through living there because I have grandparents and extended family still living there. People silently stare and silently judge the shit out of anyone that fucks up publicly. Public shaming is a very real thing.

I'm not saying that Asia is somehow perfect, go out to the countryside and the only toilets are holes in the ground, plumbing outside of major cities can't handle toilet paper, trash is often still burned in open pit fires, and China is a cesspool, straight up.

Public transit can be clean, it's a matter of investment. Get enough workers to keep stations and trains bleached clean on the regular, get enough police to drag beggars off the trains and out of the stations and it works.

I also never said that public transit should be the only option. It should just be good enough that driving shouldn't be the only option. The vast majority of the US requires a car for some godforsaken reason. I get that rural areas are going to stick to cars because there's nothing better, and undeveloped suburbs will too, but places like LA are legitimate shitholes where you can't go anywhere from 7 AM to 10 AM and 12 PM to 9 PM.

>drive ef civic that gets 45mpg that i built for less than $400 ($200 car, $150 engine)

fuck a bike nigger at least i have a heater

i've put more into it now for some minor luxuries like a reverse gear and exhaust

>Not posting a 3 second supra
Digeridoo fuckin amerimutt you got shit taste. You want to be a hairy pussy riding that ticking flamethrower? Pathetic cunt

I was getting like 60 mpg though.

I agree that motorbikes should be more common. Holy shit it's incredible the things it does for traffic in big cities. You can have a giant convoy of motorbikes in the same space as a single car.

I have $6500 of disposable income per month. I'll drive whatever the hell I want.