/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 13th of August:
1624 – The French king Louis XIII appoints Cardinal Richelieu as prime minister
1704 – War of the Spanish Succession: Battle of Blenheim: English and Imperial forces are victorious over French and Bavarian troops.
1779 – American Revolutionary War: The Royal Navy defeats the Penobscot Expedition with the most significant loss of United States naval forces prior to Pearl Harbor.
1792 – King Louis XVI of France is formally arrested by the National Tribunal, and declared an enemy of the people.
1806 – Battle of Mišar during the Serbian Revolution begins. The battle will end two days later, with a decisive Serbian victory over the Turk.
1814 – The Convention of London, a treaty between the United Kingdom and the United Provinces, is signed in London, England.
1905 – Norwegians vote to end the union with Sweden.

# News
CK2 DD 07/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1038599
EU4 DD 08/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1038756

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

White man's thread right here.

r&i gettin butthurt

Motherfucker

Reminder NOT to use this thread, it's made by nazis.

What are you goals? Muh codreanu?

>100 trust
>meiou fixes vanill-

t. the lad who just created a duplicate because his old one got deleted

Be as jewish as possible

>unironically adding china to ck2
When did Paradox jump the shark?

Reminder to shitpost and yeehaw La Plata posting

Are you going to form Romania?

China is a great addition to CK2, and the way they're doing it won't even cause lag. Only retards would oppose what Paradox are doing.

no

Why not?

*farts*

They should have added it on the map too it wont even cause lag india didnt

I wanna play Italy in vicky, what're the moat aesthetic borders? Who should I start as, is a theocratic Italia possible?

>moldova's color is superior
>moldova's flag is superior
>moldova's superior
>southerners can get fucked
>westerners can get fucked

>all these posts about EU4

should i just kill myself /gsg/

maybe

no

yes

definitely no

just ride the tiger

How the hell do I convert from animism in EU3? I'm fully westernized, reformed my government, and just need to update my military. I can't find anything on the wiki or forums cause it just brings up EU4 posts.

hmm

Ignore my fucked up trade I am still working on fixing it because I wasn't paying attention.

Will Portugal still get Goa since I do not own them but have a core? I am so far behind on institutions and tech. Although right now It's thousands of gold to get the Renaissance and there is no fucking way. Will Portugal getting Goa help me out?

Finally, what the fuck do I do now? I had to become a bitch ass tributary to the ming to get my last claims, so I am not sure of the proper way to go now

youre a nazi

??

>EU4
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this game is so popular. These people have never heard of strategy games in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Civilization 5, they were completely alien to them. And they can't enjoy these games because they consider them boring. They want a game that isn't necessarily smart or deep or immersive, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good games or good strategy, nor have they ever picked a book about history. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. EU4 is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love history". The entire foundation of the game is built upon the dichotomy between "silly events and fun stuff" and "this is actually historical and realistic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "this game is alt-history but can still be interesting and challenging" bullshit that EU4 shits out in almost every campaign is what appeals to it's audience. The game doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any historical event, so it spouts these random rng events. Nevermind the embarrassing, forced "references", or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the devs want to remind you that this is historical strategy, or how the entire game is a series of different forgettable campaigns with just enough incompatible historical references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for acknowledging them, or how the nations have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious stereotypes than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Europa Universalis 4.

>sieging down useless provinces
kys nigger

I can capture half of Muscovy and they can't stop me

yes but play eu4 first just to torture yourself

fuck
I think all my autosaves are corrupted or something since it's crashing a few months into 1635 whatever I do
feels bad desu

Oh, I see what you did there and lold. You deserves a cookie my good sir.

should have formed romaniums

Post religion map

don't give up, moldavianon?

should i try to hold on to the german minors as austria or just give them to prussia? what if i let them form the ngf but keep bavaria, will they still attack me?

and what about the italian minors? other than the resources, they don't seem to be worth keeping. i could keep tuscany to prevent the future italy from getting too strong, but it's going to be harder to defend than the original austro-italian border.

oh wow what a horrendous flag

>1571
>teutons
>muscovy & bohemia untouched
what were you doing lad

*vomits*

bravo gigau

I'll probably try again tomorrow

a long time ago.

and jewry

w&b

just curious, is m&t railroaded (besides the t*rks)?

The fuck am I looking at here?

Playing vanilla ironman and just popped out my hundredth child

will murica dow me (texas) if i refuse unification?

unsure, dont really think so

almost all techs spawn in Europe first

Why not use the coat of arms instead? That's what most of the other flags are

No cheats or anything?

My first run, that's what. I'll probably get eaten by ottomans, but at least I'll have some fun before that.

ANSWER ME
ANSWER ME
SERIOUSLY ANSWER ME WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

>Mosley wanted a third of Africa to be white, and for South America to embrace a new European ideal
h-hold me lads

Am I the only one who gets hardcore uncanny valley vibes from all the new face packs?

Because the only time the romanian flag had the coat of arms on it was during communist times

only good mosley is totalist mosley

Yes, but it doesn't matter

>M*sley
Sick to my stomach!

yeehaw

shut up

German minors ain't worth it unless you want to go gross. Italian minors are ok, but you should probably turn Lombardy into a puppet to prevent SP and France from taking it from you.
there's a vanilla event that can give you immortality

thanks!

I dunno, it's really not hard to secure Lombardy, especially one france abandons Italy

Is the user who made this around? Was wondering how you made it, might make one later for Russia or the Ottomans

No. I got lucky, I guess, and my second ruler passed the immortal quest line. She was head of Lucifer's Own for a twenty or so years and about 8 children were spawned through unholy impregnation, but I gave it up after the third time hunters came after her. She's still a known demon worshiper after two hundred years and it left her loony for about hundred years. Had an immortal Glitterhoof. She's had cancer about six times and the plague once. But she's better now and reformed. Did a stint in Dominican Order for a few decades and then moved on the Hermetic Society.

Her current 'heir' is married to the Byzantine Empress who happens to be my great grandchild (which isn't uncommon).

SOJUZ NJERUSHIMYY RJESPUBLIK SVOBODNYKH

SPLOTILA NAVJEKI VJELIKAJA RUS’.

DA ZDRAVSTVUJET SOZDANNYY VOLJEJ NARODOV

YEDINYY, MOGUCHIJ SOVYETSKIJ SOJUZ!

#not all nazis

the problem is that many of the packs don't mesh well together

>"After his marriage to Gretl, Eva was glad to have someone in the entourage with whom she could dance and flirt, as Hitler was distant in social situations and refrained from publicly showing affection."

Which game was this based from?

If I become Hussite in MnT as Bohemia do I lose all my vassals?
Id rather just conquer them since the process of integration takes forever and im losing diplo mana every turn

>during communist times
eh, youre telling me romania isnt communist?

reminder that this thread was the THIRD THREAD after TWO THREADS were made after the image limit but shitposters reported them to try and piss off some guy on the internet

jesus truly is merciful to the rich

>Mosley wanted a third of Africa to be white
Source? Which parts? South Africa, Rhodesia, and Algeria?

k

Actually, two threads were spammed early by R&I and then this was made, R&I then tried to bump his own thread (the number of unique IPs was lower than 5 in his thread with 28 posts) but it got deleted by the Janny, presumably because he is sick of R&I's shenanigans.
>try and piss off some guy on the internet
Obviously to anyone paying attention that's (You), tough shit, R&I.

He didn't specify, but I suppose that would be a good guess, he said 'Roughly a third, south of the Sahara' or something like that;give me a second for me to find the speech

what do you mean early? the thread was at the image limit

what is your favorite thread drama meme?
>guy accuses you of samefagging because he confused ip count with image count

Not true, R&I made two threads, one at 730 posts and 239 images and one at 741 posts and 247 images, neither were after either limit.
Give it up, R&I. You lost. You can spam your threads again in 650 posts.

i think you're retarded tbqhwyf

I think you need to take a break from Veeky Forums, R&I.

>ip count
have a desktop, 2 laptops, 2 phones and a tablet

dude if someone really wanted to shitposts you cant stop him

thats not counting a ip refresh

all i'm sayin my dude is any retard can go to the archive and look at the threads, you being one of those retards

so this... ...is the power... ...of the american middle class
R&I doesn't even attempt to hide his samefagging, it's honestly pretty sad.

Right, but R&I is lying about this easily accessible information to make it seem like he doesn't spam early threads.

what do you mean r&i is i'm fucking saying you retard you've been replying to the same person the whole time

honestly im drunk and bored and just trying to get you retards to do what you do best

wtf me lad
I'm saying the guy who made the two duplicate early threads to get his retarded R&I message first is a nigger.

EU4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631545981