/dbt/ Daily Bike Thread

/dbt/ Cool Concepts That Will Never Go Into Production Editon!

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Bad Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Shit Post Support Group

Sombody make a new fucking map.
old map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:

Want to find out how your Harley fits your wife's son?
>cycle-ergo.com

"We, the government, must protect you from yourself":
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
>crash.org.au/

If my post ends in a number Indian is superior to Harley in every way

All cruisers are shit

That swingarm is poverty tier
Piaggio would be ashamed to have it on a scooter, it has no place on such an expensive bike, much less a concept

Good talk, friend!

No exception

Ok buddy :)

American bikes are all about looks because their engineers don't know jack shit about making a good bike

An American firm would have to import engineers from a company that actually participates in real motorsport instead of flat track to make anything decent. Fuck, for how much Americans love MX, all the manufacturers are foreign.

Who else wants to ride this?

Gimme some knobbier tires and then maybe

So salty :D

i'd be content with a mach 2

Australia > Europe > America

Europe > Japan > America > bunch of literally whos

Me

irrelevant Anglo > japan > who? > relevant anglo

Kawasaki versys 1kLt or Yamaha fj09?

Is the kawi really worth around 3k more?

I am a gay faggot and that's what I riding.

I like riding.

so does ur mom

Stop talking about my mom, she's dead already.

Plus she died a horrible death and I hope I do to and any of my relatives.

"Plus," I should have added the comma

Jk lol

choked on my dick

"Be carefull what you wish for" that's what she always said :(

As I grow older I feel less and less, someday I hope to feel nothing. They should just kill me already.

Jk

kys you know who

Leave wr alone

stop attention whoring wr

When I took my GSX1200 to my dad's regular dealer to change tires and do a general checkup, they told me the rear shocks are worn out, which was noticeable when I had a passenger. Factory Showa replacements are 860 EUR each, and I need a pair.

Do I buy a set of JBS replacement shocks for 200 incl shipping, or do I have that dealer assemble me a custom set of Hyperpro's for 830? Everything else either lacks the fixed separate reservoir that the original Showa's have, or is 1000+. The bike only cost me 2500, so I really don't want to spend a third of that on shocks.

depends how long you plan on holding on to the bike.
>going to flip it in a year?
get the shitters
>DD till the end of days
get the goods and never have to worry about it again

Currently doing a bachelor's in engineering, probably going to follow that up with a master's, so I've got very little budget.

Not planning to flip it per se unless the bills keep coming. Bought it for 2000, then had to spend 450 on tires, oil, etc because it had been sitting. Now those shocks need replacing somewhere this year, and the clutch is starting to slip, probably another 200 EUR bill (hopefully the steel plates don't need replacement too).

I'd love to own this thing forever, but spending that large of a fraction of the good ones seems stupid at a time when I don't have a lot of disposable income. I might just put the eBay specials on there for now, and do a complete Hyperpro's setup, including front end, when I finally get a full-time job.

how about you stop your pathetic shitposts

yea that's what I'd do

4 0 0 K P H

>Bad Motorcycle Dating Advice
So if I go out for a ride, where do I meet a girl to date?

no where you can't meet girls just by riding

Ride, sure. Own? Hell no. I'll pass on $800 valve adjustments every 7500mi

Learn English dipshit

>buy second hand bike
>click noise coming from wheel
>rate of the click changes as my speed changes
>only audible around 10-15mphs
>take it to the garage
>they tell me my front disc is warped
>replace disc myself
>notice break pads have about 2mm of pad left (one is about 3mm, the other is about 2mm)
(still need to get new break pads btw)
>thought after replacing it the ticking noise went away
>later on in the day heard the clicking noise again and hasn't gone away since

What could it be? The pads? What is causing this obnoxious and consistent ticking?

wheel bearing or rock in the tread.

>i bought reddit: the cruiser im much better than those other fags on their loud slow pieces of shit

Tyvm I'll give it a look

spain

Didn't post it in the old thread you retard

outside the high school at around 3

I don't like traveling.

>bachelor's in engineering
is it too late to switch? only something like 1/3 of engineers are working in the engineering field after graduation.
it'll be even more saturated when you eventually get out

Hey guys I'm not old enough to drive but I have a dirtbike; is it alright for me to hang out in this thread so long as I shit all over everyone's bikes? Pic related is me

Sorry M80, but the Milwaukee 8 and the latest Softails>Thunder Stroke 111 and the Chief it powers, although the Thunderstroke engine is much more aesthetic.
I'll happily concede the Scout>>>>>>>>>>Sporty however, and it's looking increasingly like the Scout will be my next bike.
Yeah, just get the cheap ones for the time being. Best to replace it with something that you can afford, instead of keeping the knackered ones.

I'm really too scared to go 400kph on the street.

That's because engineers are extremely competent, and can work in just about any field, mechanical engineers especially. Banks here in particular love engineers for their analytics.

My country (Netherlands) has a big shortage of engineers, especially with the growing economy. The demand has tripled since 2015 iirc, and it's only getting worse. I already got a job offer in my field, and I'm only in my second year. People in their final year can usually receive a contract before they get their degree. ~80% of all internships result in job offers.

Faggot kys

No dude, its not that bad. Its like currency conversion rates to the mexican peso. 400kph is only like 47mph.

Ok then 248mph

More like 247.

As long as it isnt a ktm

Cool story!

But neither chief of soft tail are fast. So it doesn't matter.

Fast is a relative term, and often a redundant qualifier.

Post your 125cc bikes

Exactly. So arguing the engine performance of the two is silly. The only reason to get a cruiser is because you like the way it looks.

My old bike was one.

Or you like cock up your ass or just don't know any better.

Excellent edge, friend!

Nice. What do you ride now

Previous thread:

>believing the dealer
he's trying to make a sale. Unless you have > 100k miles on the bike, if they aren't leaking oil they are not warn out.

First off, Suzuki (unlike honda) has always tuned their dual-shock street bikes to be correct at the LOWEST preload setting. If you increase preload the shocks will not have enough rebound damping. Two-up will also need more rebound. If the shocks aren't adjustable then you need to live with it, just set spring preload to zero and don't move it unless you are regularly bottoming out.

You won't need steel plates in the clutch, unless you go to that same dealer.

Reminder.

Youre a moron.
Shocks can be bad and not leak

Just kill me and my whole family

DONT CALL MY BIKE UGLY REEEEE

I had that at one point and it went away after I replaced the chain and sprockets. Turned out one of my sprockets had a big crack through it that was probably clicking.

Left shock is leaking just a little bit. They already set the preload to max for me, and set the rebound to max as well, which still wasn't enough. What would happen if I set the preload to the lowest?

I probably won't need steel plates, but I don't know how much the previous owner abused it and I'm only just getting used to the power. Coming off an A2 bike, onto the fastest street bike of 1999, it's a big jump and I'm only just getting her into the RPM range where she starts slipping. I'm having my own guy (a former Suzuki head mechanic) swap them for 50 EUR, let's just hope he doesn't find out the steel needs replacement when he opens it up.

>preload to max for me, and set the rebound to max
Yah that's crossed up.

The more spring you have, the more rebound damping you need to control it. You have, what, five steps on that preload adjuster? Start it at lowest and see how that feels. This will also lower the ride height in the back as well as increase rake in your forks (a little) which will make the bike a little more stable, which will also help.

If you have or can find the owners manual, it may list the "starting" settings that the bike was delivered with. That would be the best place to start, really.

I was convinced that it was the wheel bearings, but I know for FACT I need a new sprocket and chain at the moment so it very well could be that.

Thanks for telling me, guess I'll replace it sooner than I thought and see

But what if I am 200 pounds?

I'm pretty tall, so without the higher ride height I'm sitting way too low. Can't I do something about the rebound? What would perform better: slightly leaky Showa's from 1999, or brand new eBay specials?

Starting settings were 3/5 and 3/5 for both preload and rebound iirc. I'd have to find the manual for that.

Jk

post cool yamahas

>The only reason to get a cruiser is because you like the way it looks.
plebeian taste

Is this link broken?

is this what superheroes are supposed to ride? Wew lad.

clean ur chain nigga

the key lock?

no?

Clean that shit though.

K

what's a good helmet brand bros?

shoei

Bell rogue

Shark

>Bell rogue

it should be legal to shoot those people on sight

Who has the BMW F 650GS parked outside tesco??

shoei for expensive scorpion for budget

no. that's a master link

God damn thats edgy!

I do
I'm a grill btw

Pic related.

>if i take a super blurry pic people wont be able to tell its a 300