Ford Edge ST

>heavy soccer mom SUV with recaro bucket seats
Is this a fucking joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

motor1.com/news/229317/ford-explorer-st-spy-photos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's this? They plugged a bicycle pump into a Focus and had at it?

if it had a lot of power for the weight, some actual suspension tuning like what porsche did for the cayenne, and a stick shift i'd be ok with it

as it is, this is what some soccer mom wife gives her demure husband as the only option for buying a car
>buy honey would could get this wagon that's more fun, better on gas, has more carbo capacity, can tow more, and won't roll over
>i want a CROSSOVER gerald and this is what YOU are going to buy. look it's ST which means sport tuned right? that's good enough for you gerald

Would have been better if they did an Escape ST with the 2.3 ecoboost. Maybe that’s next.

The only real difference between the Edge ST and the last gen Lincoln MKX is the new 8 speed, which seems cool.

That’s why I’m expecting Ford to throw the MKC bits into the Escape and do an ST version of that. A little hatch with that 8 speed would be a nice zippy car for the city.

The only downside is it has no power. They should've slapped a turbo on the 3.7L V6 instead of that whiny pathetic little 2.7. if this had had like 400hp, it would've been a killer power wagon.

No, this is just the 2022 Focus ST.

I think the 3.7 with a turbo would be a little much to throw on the medium crossover. That seems more reasonable for the Explorer chassis.

That said, the 2.7 leaves a little to be desired. Even with a tune, 400 hp would be tough to reach.

Tbh I know lots of girls that want a BMW wagon over a suv/crossover

>caring what girls think
I can't tell if this is supposed to be a wagon, a hatch, a crossover, an SUV or what.

>a little much
no that's the point. A bigger engine with a bigger turbo makes more power with less stress, and there's enough room to appease the absolute madmen who want to throw piping at it and push over 500hp. As it is now it makes no power and that poor little engine is going to grenade under any abuse.

Welcome to America
motor1.com/news/229317/ford-explorer-st-spy-photos/

an explorer ST is actually pretty cool

A lot of vehicles use Recaros, user.

I’m just saying it would be actually retarded of Ford to come out with a boosted 3.7 and put it in the Edge of all cars that they make.

The 3.5 ecoboost would be a more logical step up. Save the 3.7 wishlist engine for something like a new Taurus SHO or some wacky Mustang

>Not naming it the Taurus SHOST

The Edge is the only car they could put that engine in. A boosted V6 Mustang it's retarded because it's just a not-as-good-as-a-GT GT.

Even the Flex and the Explorer make much more sense than the Edge to throw the 3.7 in.

You’re still not convincing in the least.

:(

>Canadians actually like hatchbacks and buy them, but we're getting the Edge ST instead of the new Fiesta ST because Amerimutts are retarded and love their awful crossovers

the absolute state of ford america right now, can we just shut it down and replace it with ford uk

>release the FiST in the US
>only sell the 4 door version, making it literally pointless to not just get the FoST
>wah its not selling well, lets just stop selling it all together
>here have a edge ST
fuck ford

That's what happens when everyone thinks sedans are the best and all buy automatics because they can't handle a clutch and stick...

Atleast Canadians can take after the Britisth and get our good cars

Is that a fucking bus?

>no taurus st

god I fucking hate nuford