Why does USA hate hatchbacks?

Do you actually prefer sedan over this?

I regret getting a W212 sedan instead of holding out for the wagon.

No, everyone prefers shitty crossovers.

because they look more symmetrical

You guys won’t let us have them so we have to buy manual Fords.

They're kinda like a gimped wagon and always have some stupid shelf apparatus on puppet strings that makes loading shit a pita.

They are more practical, usually shorter (better for parking), have more headroom in the back, the boot capacity may be similar but the opening isn't fuckin 2 inches by 2 and you can actually fit bigger stuff. And looks are subjective thing, I personally love the way they look

>Why does USA hate hatchbacks
pic related is being marked up and selling like crack.
>Do you actually prefer sedan over this
I prefer an Evo or STi over any Audi and the Type R over any euro hatch.

that shelf can be removed in 30 seconds or less
tell me how this looks symetrical, it's squashed. Compact cars should be hatchbacks, always.

I mean if you like spartan interiors and overdesigned exteriors then yeh. I'd buy the new Type R if the designers werent smoking crack, its a great drivers car but just fucking look at it. Deep inside u know it because u literally posted a black car on a black background so you dont have to look at it.

I'll just pretend you didn't list the STI there because its outdated piece of shit

>STI is an outdated piece of shit
few simple mods can fix that.

They don't like sedans either. They only want crossovers.

Should I get a gen 6 civic as my first car?

I can transport a 60" TV in the back of my GTI. I'm nearly 50 though, so my priorities are a bit different.

the thing that makes sedans look good is that the HEIGHT of the hood and the trunk is the same. it doesn't matter if the LENGTH is the same. in fact I think it looks bad when the length is the same, you get something like pic related

thats my first question when I buy a car. How big of tv can I fit in it, cause I like to drive around with tvs in my car all the time

Why do so many 50 year olds drive these? You people look really weird in a boyracermobile.

hatchfags always jerk off about how they can do things with their cars that the average person would do extremely infrequently. i bet you make use of that space once every year, tops. there's no way that makes driving around in a minivan looking bitchmobile worth it

It's still better than suvfags or truckfags making the same arguments. And styling is subjective, there are some people who like them and some who don't.

because Car and Driver, the boomer's favorite auto magazine, has praised the GTI year after year. it's been on their end of the year 10Best list 10 fucking times, that's more than the Honda Civic

I find them ugly. A fucking eyesore to see.

Much rather have a roadster or a coupe.

Crossovers for the cucks

Had GTIs back in the day, now they make 4 dr GTIs so they can use it as a family car.

Yes you are stupid enough to not realise he is talking about practicality.

Enjoy your crappy saloon which is worse in every single way, I don't expect anything more from an Americuck

minivans are more practical too, why don't you get one of those, fag. besides, looks are subjective, i personally love the way minivans look, especially when a soyboy like you hops out of one

It's not that we hate hatchbacks, it's that a large majority of people who buy new cars prefer sedans.

My trunk's a hatchback, the only thing I really dislike it you can't fit much in it and anyone can peer in at what's inside. Sure you can get an insert to put over it, and I'm planning on it, but I shouldn't fucking have to it. If you have a glass window for a trunk you should have one of those sheets built in.

90% of america must be cuck then

If so many 50 year olds are driving a certain car it ceases being a "boyracemobile" now, doesn't it?

I am a travelling nurse, so I use the vast interior space on a daily basis to transport my medical supplies.

Nearing 50 is hardly a "boomer", sport.

No. Because it still looks like something designed for young boyracers.

>Why do so many 50 year olds drive these?

Because they're having a midlife crisis and want something "sporty", but their wife won't let them have a coupé because its too impractical for loading the snot nosed kids that they thought would bring some sort of meaning to their life and stop the crushing sadness of missed oppourtunities, into. So the wife won't accept anything with less than 4 or 5 doors and high accessible rear seats.

So as well as being a practical friendly hatchback that pleases the wife, it's also a crude renowned boy racer young hooligan's car with no subtlety at all, which makes him feel young and hip.

why do you feel the need to tell everyone that you are a us airforce veteran? are you fishing for people to thank you for your service? is this a normal thing for americans?

>t. seth mcfarlane

Same reason he feels defensive and insecure over the need to justify his FWD econobox cuck "performance sports car"

and you're stupid enough to not realize i'm talking about how often you need that practicality
i can rent a pickup for $20

>american did a thing waah
OBSESSED

Hatchbacks are the same as sedans in every way except that to save about a metre in length for the same interior and boot space they take a hit in the aesthetics and styling department, and lose the hard separation of boot-interior cabin.
In the USA space is not a premium, everyone lives in the suburbs with a driveway. In this situation having a hatchback gives literally 0 benefits cos size is not an issue. But you still get the downsides.
So there's literally no reason for Americans to buy one. In fact saving space and being practical and economical for 0 gain are limp-wristed communinist nancyboy traits in America, so obviously hatches have stigma.
I drive a sedan in Europe, and hatches here actually make sense. I park on the street and there are days I can't get into a spot because its too small when a similarly sized hatch would slide right in. Still wouldn't trade it though cos sedans just look so much better, are properly proportioned for RWD layout, and I can open the boot on an icy cold day without freezing the entire cabin or in an underground carpark with a low roof without hitting the top.

>240 coupe
god I want one of these so fucking badly.

because theyre fucking ugly and i hate ugly cars

They don't
/thread