MR2 VS SC400

MR2 with a mildy built 1zz turbo or an SC400 with a manual swap, boltons and some suspension mods.

what do?
I know these are very different cars but im interested to hear your thoughts

turbo miata

mr2 will be infinetly more fun and have infinetly more potential.
sc400 will be practical.

also dont build 1zz, get a 2zz and turbo that if its not enough. 1zz and 2zz have nothing in common and 2zz is the strong motorsport engine and 1zz is the motosport one.
Actually dont fucking touch the car and learn to drive it first unless youre one of those soyboy fags who is too scared to turn.

actually after seeing the op image of a runied stanced mr2 the retarded wannabe poser OP should get a miata since they are less rare so someone who enjoys driving can get an mrs.

>mr2 will be infinetly more fun
>sc400 will be practical.

This is my dilemma. Hooning an insanely impractical gokart with a turbo in the back, or a Japanese mustang thats easier to live with

Swapping to the 2zz is silly if you plan on turboing it. Ive done my research and priced it out, 1zz with pistons/rods would be more than enough to make up for the added stress of the turbo, and would cost far less than a swap AND a turbo.
if you honestly think OP is stanced you need to kill yourself, like right now

1zz and 2zz are completely different engines.
"oh2zz is just a built 1zz from factory" is false. They share absolutely nothing other than number of cylinders and cubature.

And yes ops is stanced since it is impractically low with retard big wheels.
Trust me TTE lowering springs adn 15" wheels is as low as you want to go for street/track use.

oh and practicality and comfort pales in the face of fun.
You have plenty of time to be a practical comfyfag in your old age since you are physically unable to drive fun cars. Don't waste your youth.

I never claimed the 1zz and 2zz shared anything in common. I said a 1zz with rods/pistons would be cheaper than a 2zz swap and a turbo, which is true

>since it is impractically low with retard big wheels.
Lowering a car by any amount reduces its practicality and if you think those are 'retard big wheels' you must not be looking at the same car as I am
This isnt an either-or choice though. Im not choosing between 'practicality or fun', but to say those arent factors would be lying

SC400 with the manual swap if this is your only car
MR2 1ZZ turbo if weekend car

MR2 Spyder a fun.

t.spyderowner

sc400.
because mine's to nice to beat on. I also want a second one so I can have a massive supercharger sticking out of the nood and one exhaust per cylinder exiting behind the doors.

fwd converted mr2

the 2zz is a GOAT engine though. I get why you'd be tempted to turbo the 1zz instead but I don't think it'd be worth it

But, it's a convertible. If the necessary chassis bracing and roll protection isn't already enough to put you off, there's the visibility

>put top down
>Lovely day for a motorcycle ride
>put top up
>WELL I SURE LOVE MY 2017 CAMARO

My vote is for the SC400, only because I love them. Although a W58 is the more economical route, I highly recommend a V160 coupled with a 3.27 diff.
>ask me about my manual swapped SC400 pls...

Is it really? The 4age is pure sex. Ive always wondered if the 2zz held up. My aw11 is getting a 20v in it but I've been thinking of getting a blown 1zz mrs and 2zz swaping it.

Depends on the roads and how you like to drive I guess.
>Chill and comfy cruising on highways/freeways with occasional backroad hooning
SC400
>Tight and light because racecar, lots of short stop-and-go streets, and you're close to some nice twisty, hopefully hilly/mountainous roads to shred and die on
MR2

I'd like an SW20 but already have a Miata that takes its role. I've kinda been thinking about replacing my other boring shitbox with a SC400 as a workhorse though...

its not that bad.
All chassis stiffening you need is front strut tower bar, a better rear one helps (got mine for sub 200 both brand new) if you have pre facelift you need underbody brace.

-Chassis is not that bad.
Visibility is allright, you can't see shit anyway cause the car is so small.

2zz is an okay upgrade you get a lot more by getting suspension and chassis done.
It's a corner car and you better fucking use it as one

sc400 with a w58 swap.

Better upgrade is a K20/24A2, way more power potential without turbo and support/parts out the ass compared to the 2ZZ

>W58 Swap
No, the Nissan CD009, R154, or Aisen AR-5 are better choices than the weak as piss W58

>1zz and 2zz are completely different engines

they both burn oil and have oil starvation issues

if you're wasting money swapping to another 4 cylinder it needs to be a k20/k24, end of discussion.

>MR2 VS SC400
Girl car vs man car
Don't be a faggot OP

Tell me about it user, that's why I made the thread

Hence why I'm not really considering a 2zz. I'm dead set on a turbo if I get an mr2, and already have pistons and rods in the budget for the aforementioned reliability issues and oil burning.
All said and done I'd have less into the sc400 to get it where I want as opposed to the mr2. Internals, turbo kit as well as engine management and peripherals add up fast.

K swap would cost less, specifically the K24A2, than a turbo setup and the power made from just NA mods and a tune will make more power at the wheels

Im in it for boost noises as much as power. Realistically im looking for a minimum of 275 wheel with this 1zzt setup. Its a very light car so it doesnt need a lot of power and id like to run it conservatively. If I was in it strictly for power I would just get a beat up sw20 and k swap that

>minimum 275
You can throw that out there window with a turbo 1ZZ unless you build it to handle it, stock block won't
K24a2 will make that with the right combination of bolt-ons, cams, and tuning without a turbo or having to reinforce the bottom end
K24 is a vastly superior engine

>MR2 with a mildy built 1zz turbo or an SC400 with a manual swap, boltons and some suspension mods.
Sounds like the mr2 will be at the end of its stock limits and youre going to want more stability for boosting into corners

Then the sc400 sounds like it will hold it's value longer, you'll have a decently nice handling car with more torque and more possibilities

Already have pistons and rods in the budget. I'm no fool, I know 1zz engines are pretty shit stock. Id like the swap to be as plug and play as possible so the idea of swapping to a different make of engines is intimidating. I originally wrote off k swaps but I'll look into them again

You already have pistons and rods? Then what the fuck are you asking for? If you already made that much of a commitment, why are you here asking us for our opinions? You've already spent $500-700 on building a 1ZZ

Wait, just re-read, you haven't bought them yet
Look into the k swap kit on Monkey Wrench Racing first, then the cost of the K24A2 and bolt ons+tune, the only thing that I would say that could help your decision making would be that the K24 unboosted will give you fewer problems over it's lifetime and will be easier to work on without all the extra turbo hardware

you dont need power you need to git gud the car

>all these retards saying a car that can outhandle and outbrake everything this side of new cayman(with elise as exception) needs more power

just git gud and learn to corner retarded fags.
Power is only the answer when youve exausted every other option

>v160
That gearbox is going to cost as much as the car. Go for the W58 or a R154 or something.

The CD009 is a 6speed box that can hold as much as the V160, and it can be had for less than a quarter of the price, there are adaptor kits for it to work with the 1UZ

>he doesnt like boost noises
>he likes slow cars
fuck off boi