/fg/ - Falcom General #47

Previous thread: Big Lance lady edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Calvard when?

Old Class VII will end up being the best, most fleshed out characters in the series when it's all said and done.

Best edition

I kinda just wanna see her doing really mundane things, like shopping for a new tooth brush.

I seriously doubt that. There's way too much other ground to cover in CS3 for the game to dwell on old characters for too long.

The scale of realism you're asking for is almost never realized in JRPGs or any other genre, and Falcom's artists do their best to imply a sense of scale and variety for towns/cities first. Maybe scale will increase so long as PS4 and whichever platform's next can stay ahead of Falcom's ambition, but you won't get fully-designed enormous cities and neighborhoods in Kiseki.

I don't expect that but i hope so. I am at chapter 3 of CS and loving it so far.

I have a bad news for you, user.

>Rean decides to stay in school when everyone else is advancing their lives in a good way
You should have went to met your master or something.

>Sending your students into some kind of supernatural eldritch dimension so that you don't have to cancel a fucking school festival

This is so silly. I like Coldsteel, but sometimes it gets really dumb. This entire school festival arc is just huge misstep.

Ka-fai?
That's not how it works, he teaches you the basics then tell you to figure it out for yourself.

Do they ever explain how and why they were able to bypass the barrier using the ARCUS units and/or why Rean in particular was chosen?

I can't remember those parts of CS2.

Why is SSS the comfiest main cast?

It makes up for them being the weakest.

How is Lloyd going to explain himself this time?

Nobody sent them anywhere. They went in on their own.

The festival was one thing but they'd have to explore it anyway considering that it wouldn't open otherwise.

It was supposed to be his trial in the first place but thanks to secondary contractor thing via exploring the school monthly, it technically extended to them too.

Hanging out with Randy seems so chill.

I wasn't aware that other casts had something rivaling a sept-terrion

It's smaller and you can really feel the sss is a team. And Randy being anywhere immediately makes everything better.

Do they get better in Ao? to be honest their interactions in Zero are pretty lame to me, barely any interactions Randy-Elie, Tio-Elie or Randy-Tio, its always Randy says something dumb and then Eli and Tio are "Randy please...", there are exeptions like Elie hugging Tio when she tells her story, but otherwise Lloyd is always at the center.

Fate is just forcing Rean to complete the trial because the war is breaking out soon.

>barely any interactions Randy-Tio
Did we even play the same game?

It's really not that dumb if you don't make up stuff about it. No one sent them in there to begin with, class VII volunteered. Their motivation was "save the festival" because they worked hard for it and didn't want to see their efforts put to waste. The real reason they were in there was due to the upcoming war and Rean needing to form a contract with Valimar.

>Barely any interactions

You must have played with your eyes closed. Randy and Tio have a lot of banter, Randy and Elie it more like her babying him because he likes to joke around, and Elie Tio is more of a supportive role, or Tio teasing her with Randy.

Randy doesn't really interact as much with Elie compared to the others though. I felt like that one was the weak link.

The ultimate Alisa, she cast with a delay of 3~8, the double fire bell act like a free chrono burst so she can attack and provide others with CP at the same time, I wish I could add a earth bell.

I don't really bother with Craft Shield and Mirror, she takes Mind 3 or Brahma Gem in that slot.

Owners: 17,810 ± 3,649

jesus dicking shit

So what's the reason why Lohengrin Castle keeps getting hit with the higher elements shit anyway? Is it just bugging out because its still trying to carry out the trial program even though its divine knight is long gone?

They do interact with each other. Maybe it seemed too dry because of the translation but it definitely shows how they become a team and care about each other. Ao sidelines Elie and Tio a little since the cast gets bigger and secondary characters get some scenes too but the important stuff is still dealt with as a team. I guess some people might not like giving Lloyd all the small choices and events but I didn't think it was such a dealbreaker since most of the characters can still stand on their own and it's more fun when they don't force x characters on you.

Yeah that's true. Elie in general is too nice and doesn't have a more distinct trait/quirk but the nice and well, bland role is already taken by Lloyd who's the mc so he's in the centre by default. Which means Elie can't stand out much unless it's something involving her Elies.

Ao has a whole chapter dedicated to that.

Possibly, yeah. The real question is why Gaius didn't seem to be affected by Nosferatu's magic in the same way as the rest of class VII

Smallest cast, so you get to know them a lot more and the game can adjust story/events around the fact that it knows you will have all 4 in the party 90% of the time.

Hope they go back to that in Calvard.

Yes. It could have been a shorter but a breather with all sorts fanservice isn't a bad idea. Everyone goes back to normal afterwards anyway and the plot kicks in and doesn't let go.

I think my problem is that that the interactions between the cast are always the same, jokes and funny things and never important when Lloyd is not present, for example it would have been great for me if it was Elie or Randy who gets the moment with Tio when they go looking for that computer trying to catch kitty but they can't because Lloyd is the mc.

Goddamn Kenneth Lakelord is a smooth fucking operator

I get what you want and I'm hardly against it either. It's true Lloyd will be involved in most things and that's not always a good thing. I think it's just easier for me to overlook it because the rest of the game was really good and I enjoyed it a lot.

>In CS1 the levels of the party and master quartz levels aren't separate.
Forgot about this, what a mess.The choice of grinding for your master quartz again or starting at level 70....glad they addressed this in CS2.

Now i understand with what Mueller said about erebonian army food.

I really like how that line in SC really hits home there.

On the other hand, beefed up Emma is a walking nuke.

Elliot's sister is cute.

$436,345 revenue.

i don't remember that but after i finish playing CS and now with turbo mode replaying SC and the 3rd seems to be a shit ton of fun to catch all those references that i missed.

I thought all spooky place have higher elements?
Haven't played Ao so I dunno what's the deal with the temple of the moon or the tower.

I assume this is because of the Jaeger attack staged by Ouroboros through FC.

>Ouroboros
That was Osborne's doing.

Did you not play 3rd or even watch the first scene in SC where Campanella shows up?

Dunno, maybe pious people aren't affected by evil spirits.

Correct.

I only remembered Cassius being marked as one of the highest threat to Erebonia. I thought that was because the government staged it all.

I don't really pay attention to 3rd because of the VN format and SC was like 2 years ago.

>because of the VN format
At this point you should probably stop talking

That's a dumb reason to not pay attention to a story driven game. Also Cassius was sent there to stop Jaeger attacks on the Bracer guilds, which were staged by Ouroboros, specifically Campanella was helping stage the attacks.

Emma is such a tease.

Throughout the entire game she was the only one in class VII to not give out her backstory.

Normal commoner with a skilled grandma my ass.

Elliot sure is quite popular among oneechan-types.

That's a very silly reason to ignore reading important lore dumps in a series all about lore. Next you'll say that you don't even remember what the Salt Pale is.

The Erebonian government is just a bunch of ungrateful swine.

Cassius helped save the bracer guild and you thank him by labeling him as a level 5 threat instead of the Ouroborus agent that did the bombing.

Olivier needs to do some serious purging during CSIII.

Can you not act like you know what you're talking about?

It's basically a "potential threat" list, as in, he could easily fuck it all up for them if he put his mind to it.

Plus, for all we know, Osborne may have helped in some way, since he was affiliated with them during that time.

I don't even remember what Sa- --Wha?

I think, that's because weakening the bracer guild is also part of Osborne's plan.

Will you continue to support Elly during her transition?

>implying he isn't fucking all the bitches now that he's no longer a manlet

I'm starting to get really salty at the lack of a promotional trailer here. What are they thinking?

They're learning from Xseed that you don't need a trailer to market your game. People will buy it if they wanted to.

Xseed does again!

The guy can get any older sister type he wants

cold steel PC only sold like 15k so I'm not sure thats working that well.

all right, real talk about the 7th and Ao's combat system

it's pretty much the baseline going into CS's broken ass mechanics, end game is all about evasion tank, and just running a bunch of mages, or you spam food for CP gain and launch constant combo crafts.

I went into the 7th's fight with a full tank Randy, max HP/DEF I could muster on him, and saturn bell so he can keep 50% defense buff on himself, as a test to see if he could tank her, his 18 and half HP felt ok, and he was taking 6-8k damage a hit, so I could actually manage to heal that with Canon Tio, the problem ofcourse was the S-craft one shotting him everytime, because even wtih 1800 def and +50% def buff he would still take 20,000 damage, and trying to keep earth wall on him with the 100+EP cost.

Luckily I had Wazi fitted with evasion gear still and ran him up to tank and pulled Randy back and turned Randy into a Fortuna battery while Elie did all the work calling down Spark Dyne non stop.

It really doesn't feel like there is a lot of variation to the strat on this boss, you have to evasion tank, and physical damage isn't really viable (I like mages more, but it still feels limiting when I cannot shake it up)

I defiantly have a lot of criticism CS over doing the damage scaling, but Zero/Ao are equally broken messes. CS at least has the advantage of allowing you to break the game to your own playstyle.

So yeah as exited as I was to fight Arianrhod, being able to win with my dry test run without too much difficulty was kinda disappointing

So basically it's 3rd with evasion tank?

>CS2's epilogue
I have a hard time deciding who I want to use, there's so many characters that are fun to run around with.

You want to use Toval for fast arts with endgame resources.

Even if CS3 is Falcon's best game ever it won't make up for 2 stinkers in a row.

I just finished Joshua and Estelle's moon door in 3rd. That was great.

Toval felt underwhelming to me even with the fast arts gimmick in the main game because his crafts blow and didn't really offer much to the team.

No gloomy faces allowed

Why are you ever using crafts with fast arts guy? He has a strong s-craft, but otherwise the fact that he can cast max-rank arts nearly instantly and is almost as fast as Rean is the draw.

Maybe because Emma is just as effective in arts and she has way better crafts.

Again, why are you using crafts? Especially on slowpoke Emma.

So are we playing as new shitters in CS3 and the old guard will be just guest members for some time?

Because every other mage brings something useful to the table outside of their arts whether its CP Battery, Str/Ats/Spd Up in a craft, Not Lichtkreis, Not Grail Sphere and so forth?

Besides, speed for mages isn't as crippling as long as you remember to use a bell and the right MQ,

Yes. They've been tossed aside.

>MQ and bell cutting craft delay
wut

I never used her crafts, but Lv 5 MQs + few cast quartz will put everyone at the same delay level as Toval. So it's not weird if that user thought Toval felt underwhelming.

I personally don't use mage in the epilogue because none of the bosses have S-Craft anyway.

It's not weird, but that's just a description of making a copy by using more quartz, so it would be equally underwhelming. I'm just not seeing why you'd waste a fast caster's gimmick by havng them use a craft that puts them back in the slow lane.

More like, even if you use a couple crafts, chain casting will instantly put your mage back in order.

You don't have to use more quartz, most arts-oriented MQs have bell effect as their last upgrade.

And using that craft cost multiple art turns, so it's a huge efficiency loss.
There are two time components to arts.

JOP's confirmed to be full of shit. Thanks user.

>A huge efficiency loss
A team running 3 physical - 1 mage would prefer Alisa over Toval since the occasional heavenly gift frees up their turns from having to throw down seasonal pots if you don't have a moebius user.

If its an arts team with Towa, opening with weakener gives the team an overall net damage increase than having everyone chain cast.

>allowing cancer into your team

Opinions about characters is irrelevant when talking about efficiency.

So why are you talking about matters unrelated to caster turn efficiency, which is the only issue actually in question?

I wasn't the one who brought up >allowing cancer into your team user.

>Chairman of crossbell patronized paradise

>Renne serviced people in paradise

>Nothing in trails is ever a coincidence

>the chairman of crossbell banged renne.

Man Ao is getting off to a strong start.

>bring up irrelevant team composition arguments
>stop talking about irrelevant things!