atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/1991-bmw-e30-318is/6472489316.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/2000-volvo-s70-manual/6484777990.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The one that's an old japanese economy car

e30 is better learner car and easier to work on
e36 m3 is more comfortable, faster, less reliable

>59,000
I hope that's a mistake

yea it should be 5900, he just texted me 5300. Thinking I'll get it for 4500. Sucks that the M3 fag is firm but then again it is a much cleaner car
good idea

Haha why do you have to lie to get your point across nigger?
The E36 models are all ten years newer than E30s and much easier to work on. And same with reliability. Have fun with your rust

The 318i has an M10 in it. That'll make 75 horsepower on a cold day.

>$59,000
What in living fuck.

american facelifts have an m42 and it's a typo

Also remember, E30s have no airbags, no traction control, no ABS (some of them do but it's not common since it was an option).

8th gen Civic is 12 years old now. No reason to recommend a 6th gen Civic to kids now. Let them rest.

Go for the E36 if you've got the money, and this is coming from a guy who owns 2 E30s. You're comparing a bottom of the range E30 that's going to need a bit of work to go fast to a top of the range E36 that's decently quick stock, even with the north American motor. Also the E30 looks like it's been molested and wheel bearings are a pain in the ass to replace.

The only thing you're right about is the rust, and even then facelift E30s don't really rust compared to early models. E30s are very solid and easy to work on cars compared to E36s - no Vanos, no nightmare electricals, simple and spacious engine bays, and the interiors don't fall apart. Legit the only problems are old car problems like rust and bolts refusing to come undone or snapping, and even then E36s are starting to run into the same sort of problems.

I see, I see, how do you feel about this thread

i'd actually say the e36 would give you less problems. i love the e30 and all but they're definitely starting to suffer from long term age problems the e36 is not.

also the e36 is easier to live with by comparison

He's fixing the wheel bearing for me so I can test drive it. The car had 230k miles in 2005, and 7 owners. Is maintenance history a big factor on these cars? I plan to do ALL preventatives so it shouldn't matter right?

>230k miles

Holy fuck save money for food, you shouldn't be buying a car if you're on food stamps.

What? It's an E30 it can handle 400k+

I wouldn't touch a vehicle with that many miles, save up for something half decent.

t. doesn't understand the dynamic of the situation
Mileage doesn't matter on E30s

mileage matters on all cars user

The gearboxes drop right out without too much effort - only thing that'll screw you up is installing the pedals and master cylinder and whatnot. This DIY is pretty good.
rtsauto.com/bmw-e30-transmission-swap-automatic-to-manual/
Yeah maintenance is a pretty big factor given how old they are. if it's been abused you're going to have to make some pretty expensive fixes - timing chain, rust, interior will be probably be fucked with torn seats and cracked dash, suspension will be sagging and shit, all the rubber bushings rot away, aircon probably won't work, if you have ABS the modules tend to commit suicide, the odo will be broken, carpets stained, EFI and intake has a good chance of being fucked so the car will run rich all the time, cracked bumpers, sun damaged plastics, anything rubber will have deteriorated, oil pump, PS pump, fuel pump will all be half dead... All these little things add up. Pic related is because I brought one dirt cheap off a guy who neglected it to the point it snapped the timing belt.

>can handle 400k
The word is "can". Most of them have been fucked half to death by boyracers.

You're not going to find a low milage E30, EVER. They're vintage cars at this point. The best you can do nowadays is look at how well they've been kept.

Holy shit, that's a lot of stuff. Hopefully it's all learnable within a few weeks time because I don't know what bushings and intake are

Neither. Both these cars are shit. Buy a nicer example.

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/1991-bmw-e30-318is/6472489316.html
Here we go. Cleaner but also modded and overpriced. At least that shows a high degree of care.

That 5 lug swap is worth a bit if it's E30 M3 parts only. If he's done those mods correctly then it's actually a pretty decent package.

buy this instead. still a manual euro car.

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/2000-volvo-s70-manual/6484777990.html

What should I offer? This guy has no desire to sell whatsoever. It's a damn feeler post

>ATL
Yo I live 90 min away, I hear they got that good 'tina.

I own 2 318i and a e46 m3. I would go with the m3. It is more expensive but at the same time you will like the power and handling of the m3. The m42 on the e30s is slow and has known issues and you need to do some work mainly with the main bearings, oil valve, and timing chain and tensioner.