How are you suppose to get this off?

it's a mercedes w126 strut bolt in the engine bay. If you turn it, the whole thing turns; nothing loosens.

2 wrenches you moron

use an impact wrench on it

If 2 wrenches dosent work, you might have to use a flathead screwdriver to hold the shaft stationary while you loosen one of the nuts.

>Insert flat blade screwdriver into slot on top of shaft and hold tight.
>Use wrench to loosen nut

fucking moron you jam a flathead in the top of the strut and use a ring spanner (((wrench))) on the nut. Are you inebriated?

Why are you wrenching on cars? You need a small level of resourcefulness to work on cars.

This tbhq famalam. I snapped off the end of one of those fuckers and an impact was the only thing that got it off without cutting.

Hey its a jam nut. Two wrenches. One nut keeps constant tension on the other nut so it doesnt loosen. Stop right here. Below you have two 10mm 10 point bolts that your going to fuck up or theyll shear.

Just cut it off, you're going to replace it anyway.

I used this clever thing that's like a vice grip with a chain on it. Pipe wrench or something I think it might be called.

Of course it gouged the strut itself, but I was replacing it anyway.

>It has both a slot for a flathead AND space for another 10mm or vice grips underneath the nut itself
>almost certainly even room to just hold the strut itself from the wheel well while turning the wrech

>OP so incompetent he asks on fucking Veeky Forums despite these

I thought you people were a goddamn myth.

It will be fun to get off if that's red threadlocker

thats not red threadlocker, its a weird oil-based paint they'll throw on vehicles as proofing marks.
Pulled the steering column on a 10+ year old lancer for an airbag recall, the bolts holding it to the steel bracket behind the dash were covered in the same "proofing" red paint, shit was still wet enough to come off onto my gloves. Did MANY of those recalls, only 1 was still "wet".

Please tell me this is a bait... if it is not, well how someone so fucking dumb can even think about fixing his car? You know jack about basics of fucking wrenching. I assume you know even less about fixing cars then. Just put the car in the shop and have it done or you will end up killing yourself or someone else due to your own stupidity and lack of knowledge.

You're a fucking spanner. Spanner is a fucking stupid name and so are you.

Two wrenches will not work, due to the washer below both nuts being in the way and also the due to the nuts being not as tall as a 17mm wrench. Impact doesn't work because it spins freely in both directions. It cannot be gripped from underneath because there's a protective cover around the shaft. A flat-head screwdriver will not work because the bolt is on too tight (screwdriver breaks out and end of shaft is deforming). I'm going to cut it off.

>Knows it is b8
>Gets b8'd and responds anyway

>ring spanner

I can't tell if you're stupid or just memeing