Fuck LS here is real big daddy engine

Fuck LS here is real big daddy engine
>was used in T-34 and IS tanks,MAZ-543 trurk(Scud and S-300 carrier),IL-2 ground-attack aircraft and cut down v6 version of it is used bmp-1/2 infantry fighting vehicle
>water-cooled before it was invented
>aluminium head and block before it was invented
>first large scale use of diesel BEFORE IT WAS INVENTED
>oldest ice design still in production
Why hadn't you put Kharkiv model V-2 into your miata?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VCveRpdWLgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it weighs more than my miata without me in it.

Because it's not a Merlin.

>before it was invented
>citation needed

>before it was invented

Then how did they use it?

> Not DDing a Merlin swap

i thought lots of cars were water cooled before then, the model t was and it even had a big radiator, were they all air cooled

>get walked by some guy with a '77 Camaro 350.

This. And where the fuck am i supposed to find one?

If youd ever driven any tank, you'd know why you're being fucking retarted rn.

because it's bigger than the miata

oh they're everywhere in russia, get one shipped

that thing makes 3000whp, no camaro will do more than inhale its dust

Id rather have100kg 180hp i4 that revs to the moon than a meme cylinder meme fuel 20 ton boat anchor no matter how much hp it makes.
Because weight and handling > power

Original Chrysler HEMI prototypes were used in later P-47s and then developed into the M47s V12, and were also used in the M103's development

kys

Try harder next time.

>3000whp
Rolls Royce rated the engine at 1,290 HP at sea level.

> Not a Ford GAA

that project was abandoned years ago

>not just fitting a 100,000hp Wartsila diesel to your Miata

>Rated
Afewsimplemods.jpg

those 1940's Rolls Royce aircraft engine mod parts are plentiful, cheap, and super effective

eBay electric supercharger my dude. Increases the hp by 50%. And don't forget the fuelshark

That aluminum engine weighs over 2000 pounds?

just imagine the fucking tooling required to make those gears

and the rest of the fucking engine

put it in a miata

>teleports behind you

>wow what a nice straight si--holy shit there's another bank of cylinders

2,210 pounds with no fluids.

This is with almost no boost, since reliability and engine life is top priority, even for warplanes.

Later WW2 models raised the boost a little and got 2000hp no problem, like the P-51H which even got 2200hp.

That chevy's owner cranked the boost even higher and easily surpassed 3000. For a displacement of over 25 liters this shouldn't come as a surprise.

> not a 500 gaa
Git gud scrub

aye hol up

Theres a dude at the local shows drives an a with one of these inside, black w/ white & red pinstriping. He ran his distributers off two v6 distributers it looked fukken cool, but sounded dumb in words.
>tfw you will never drive yoir pappy to drinking if you dont stop driving that hot rod linkin

To get 2000 bhp out of the late war Mk 9s and 16s they ran at a 25lb pressure boost with 150 octane.

youtube.com/watch?v=VCveRpdWLgE

hes da king

>fuel rail
>hand rail on fuel floor of 4 story motor

>cranked the boost even higher and easily surpassed 3000
its a bald claim that has not been verified by a dyno or drag slip

>Kharkiv model V2
oh, you've triggered me here, boy. There is no engine on earth i hate like the V-2.

it has different more and stroke on the different cylinder banks. It had a fuel filter so bad, the engine needed an overhaul after 300 hours. It consumed so much oil, it ran out of motor oil before it ran out of fuel. It has a shockingly bad power to wight ratio, despite being aluminum.

The IL-2 did not have a V-2, or even a diesel, but rather a 47 liter Mikulin AM-38.

When it comes to aero diesel engines, everything that isn't the Rube goldberg machine disguised as a Napier Nomad can suck a dick

It's super easy to triple the boost on a 1940's supercharged aircraft engine. Modified gears, blower housings, impellers, and ignitions are all readily available on the aftermarket.

The 46 liter Saber engine could do 5500 with about 50 psi of boost, in post war tests

Go fuck yourself benchracer. You dont know what its like on the limit.

Have a link where I can buy one and get it shipped to burgerland? I can stumble into a dozen junkyards within 20 miles of me and get all variations of 5.3-6.0s with amazing aftermarket support.

>Kharkiv model V-2
> stroke 180 mm (7.1 in) left cylinder group and 186 mm (7.3 in) right cylinder group
Yah I came here just to say "wat"

Why would you want a plane engine in anything but a tractor puller? They're designed for high reliability, torque and have a pretty shitty power to weight ratio. All those things are pretty useless in a car. You can barely even idle without spinning the tires. You'd almost be better off sticking a stationary diesel in something.

I wonder how that crankshaft takes the 5.5 million ft/lbs of TQ. That's just a stupid amount of power.

>P-47
Yeah, and they quickly went back to the R-2800 Radial

>then developed into the M47s V12, and were also used in the M103's development

M46, M47, M48, M103, M60, etc used a Continental V-12, not a Chrysler