Refined Sporty Car for 8k

Alrighty boys I'm selling my '96 Miata. I could probably get about 4k for it, and I've got 4k saved to put on top.
I want something with less road noise and better freeway manners, was thinking S2000.
What are some good sporty cars that are fairly reliable for 8k? I dont drive that hard, mostly cruise.

Sw20 turbo

For $8k, an S2000 is the most refined you are going to get. Granted, the S2000 you fill be getting will be kind of beat up, poorly modded, and/or high mileage, but they are pretty bullet proof and easy to work on (from what I have heard).

Another option to consider would be a C5. Hell, even Z06s are reaching around $8k. It would be vastly different from the S2000, but I would bet that it would be relatively refined.

Had a miata before this.

Would recommend

An SW20 Turbo is not exactly what he is looking for. At highway speeds, you can't exactly cruise. It is only a 5 speed with low gearing, so you are constantly going in and out of boost. It makes highway driving either really fun or infuriating (more so the latter).

Assuming it's a daily driver it's not as bad as one would think they're pretty economic cosine ring what you get. Guess a C4 with a 6spd is all else I could think of

*considering

Z cars/G35/G37s are in that price range and comfy cruisers.

If you can find an S2k in that price range, more power to you. They are taxed way too hard in my area to approach that price range.

im mostly looking at rebuilt title s2ks, I'm not going to keep this for forever

yeah a z is definitely an option, i hear the 6 speed is shit though

C5 is an option i hadnt considered, thanks

no, i want something newer than the miata

miata but with a turbo and a good set of wheels

Even a stock 1.6 is fun with big sticky wheels.
Not fast in the conventional sense, but you can take corners fast enough you don't want to push any harder on public roads.

>wants less road noise and better freeway manners
>thinks a S2K is the way to get there
you retarded or something? The S2K is noisier and more of a handful at speed than the Miata or damn near everything else.

miata is so shit on the freeway its not even funny. here in utah our speed limits are 75 in areas and if you arent doing 80+ youre getting your doors blown off. thats like 4200 rpm its ridiculous

Not to mention all the miatas I've driven tramline pretty hard and the rear toe in makes them pretty jumpy taking bumps at speed.

this
bumps feel like ice in my car lmao
how do I fix

I'd imagine setting rear toe as close to 0 as possible would be a good start. Can't do much about the short wheelbase though.

Datsun 280z

In a AP1 S2K, 80mph is around 5000 rpm, which puts it annoyingly close to the vtakk switchover.
S2Ks do the same thing. They tend to tramline, particularly when the front tires start wearing down, and bump steer is also a problem.

Post your local Craigslist

>road noise
Do you not have a hardtop? A late model hardtop in good shape makes a difference on road noise. Also the NB is significantly quieter; has way more sound insulation - speaking of which, you could just add like 50-100 lbs worth of sound deadening to the car. Cheap as fuck fix; I wouldn't do it but that is an option.
>better freeway manners
Literally $80 for a front lip spoiler and it's smooth, stable cruising. I think the rear spoiler makes a difference as well, but I never had one and from what I've heard, it seems the front lip makes more of a difference.
>got 4k saved up
Just turbo that shit and you'll have as much power as an S2000 and a better power to weight.

>S2000
>less road noise
Also pretty sure they're about the same.
>rebuilt title
Disgusting.
>not going to keep this for forever
Why even buy one?
fpbp was going to say this although I don't know if the engine bay is as cramped as the AW11's.
Also this; 3pigfatZ.

im not really into working on my car and im living at the dorms. I dont have anywhere to work on my miata and im sick of stuff falling apart. hence why i want a newer car

and yeah i have a hardtop. its still not a roadtrip capable vehicle, no cruise, twitchy steering, high revs, no space

its salt lake city. people usually use ksl classifieds here instead of craigslist

covfefe