Is 0-60 in 8 seconds good for a Crossover?

Is 0-60 in 8 seconds good for a Crossover?

No that's slow as fuck regardless of vehicle

: (

>0-60 in 8 seconds
>slow
Thats twice as fast as my car

Are you driving a tractor?

Then whats not slow

According to the DougScore™ ranking system that would get you a 1/10

lmaoing @ your slow car t. 0-100 in 13 secs

it's normie tier

you won't win a single race but you'll be fast enough to merge on the freeway

I dont want to race

nothing is great with a shitty fucking crossover senpai

In this day and age an 8-second 0-60 is slow enough to be dangerous. Look for something with 6 seconds or less.

8 seconds is fine learn to use your car or dont cut people off you retard.

Dumb mutt

wrong, 8s is fast enough to be safe

Geez what's your rush. That's about what my 60s mustang does, feels plenty fast.

Who are you people wtf

Pulling from the lights is one thing, Highway passing is quite another. Almost anything can be quick off the ling with short gearing but can become pigs on the highway eg. Subaru's. Keep that into consideration too.

Welcome to life in the civilized world chap.There's a reason why we don't drive 40hp diesels here. Modern traffic would run you off the road. The only slow moving things on the road should be commercial trucks.

>Pulling from the lights is one thing, Highway passing is quite another. Almost anything can be quick off the ling with short gearing but can become pigs on the highway eg

What this guy said. 0-60 isn't everything, most of your accelerating and decelerating will be done on the move. Not from a stop light. Don't just focus on 0-60 times.

benchracers

My 20 year old shitbox already does it in 10 seconds

Doubt it

You doubt a hatchback with a 110hp 1,6L engine and short gears can reach 100km/h in 10 seconds?

Yep, especially if its 20 years old

It's not American, the horses didn't escape.

my 92 acura legend does 0-60 in 8 seconds

My 1744 Ford T model does 0 60 in 3 seconds

Meh. I get 0-100 in a little less than 8 seconds.

4afe?

I suppose it’s good for a 2 tonne piece of shit but it’s still slow

A full size sedan from the 80's could do 0-60 in 7 seconds.

which ones?

>eurocucks itt making a fucking brz look fast

turbo kek

Who here /over 20 seconds/?

my old 2006 toyota highlander did 0-60 in 7.2 with a na V6

so no, 8 seconds is slow

NO BECAUSE YOU REALLY NEED 500HP AND A SUB 3-SEC 0-TO-60 TIME TO MERGE SAFELY INTO THE FREEWAY

I just came here to post this

>slowly merges onto highway at 40mph

fffffffffffFUUUUUUCK all crossover drivers into the Earth

0-60 in 20 seconds is immaculate for a crossover

This is where my 90's Mercedes excels (for its time and what I paid) - it is NOT an off-the-line car at all, it is quite sluggish until you get to about 3000 or more RPM but since you cruise on the highway at about 3-3.3K it is right in the beginning of the power band and you can easily increase speed quickly, usually without downshifting. If you do need to downshift, it will rocket ahead. It's very obvious when driving that these cars were meant for the open highway, not stop and go traffic.

in yurop yes in the civilized world no

>4afe?
Indeed

Europe is civilized compared to the US

My suburban is faster

Depends.
If it's one of those stupid sub-compact SUV's that's pretty bad. If it's a "small crossover" or larger that's not terrible.
don't forget that in the 1980s motorweek was getting a boner for "sports" cars that could do it in high 9s.