stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Patch Notes - 1.4.130 - 15-AUG-2017
mwomercs.com/news/2017/08/1873-patch-notes-14130-15aug2017

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg
playhawken.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020
bombdogstudios.com/blog/
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=212&l=fd88eee9760664acb0b9aa788d13c12ee23fbec0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Black Lanner.

first for awoo

I'm not even mad you beat me

Black Lanner is cute

ugly without ears
shit with ears

It even looks pretty okay when loaded up with the right kinds of cancer.

the cutest

Timberyiff remodeling when?
Give it some fatcatmk2 treatment, except the animations.
Catapult got it before, so why not the timberyiff.
We won't be getting seperate hitboxes for ears so it needs more appropriate cancer.
Pic semi related.

but they made the catapult look significantly worse

Guys Lao Hu when?

That's just not true, getting rid of the cancer missile pods was a huge improvement even if you ignore everything else.
And I for one am glad for the shrinking of the cat.

Have you seen the arms of the K2? They aren't even attached to the mech. Or the ballistic slots, machine gun cancer boxes are literally bigger than the cockpit.

Compared to the missile cancer pods I'm just fine with all of that.

But they didn't solve the missile cancer, they simply removed it. Why did they need to remodel the entire mech (that looks worse now) just to remove a previous feature?

2 and a half hours till new variants are playable.

>estimated three (3) hours of downtime
how

oh
It's even more then

>leaving out all the other robot stuff in the OP
m80 pls

Armored Core:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW (embed)
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (embed)
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

lol get the fuck out

what are the pronouns to address greg?

>browse youtube for mwo players because I'm a huge cuck and gay as fuck
>Find this OldBob guy
>Shit performance overall, but he uploads these videos, so ingame it has to be even worse
>A whale old man
Makes me sad to think that these people play, and considering they haven't improved by this point, they probably never will.

faggot

The_B33f is cute! CUTE!!

>Ignoring our fellow robot brethren
Are you going to tell me we can't even talk about gundam or macross if it somehow comes up in discussion either? Because it isn't BT?

yes, robutts get out this is the memetech general

This thread needs all the discussion it can. It dies prematurely way too often, so, let 'er rip!

On the one hand, it would be nice. But seriously: how often does anyone ever talk about 'anything' besides MWO here? I've seen maybe three entire posts in three times as many threads. Most of the aformentioned games are dead in the ground or nearly there. On top of that, if I honestly wanted to talk about those kinds of games I'd go to /m/ for it (or Veeky Forums for Armored Core), because you're not going to get any productive discussions here anyway.

so by your logic, let's include every single video game in history that has had a robot in it

fuck off retard

lets just exclude mwo, it doesnt have to be every game

And one minute after that, we discover a critical hotfix issue.

This is why I said we should rename it /sperg/, for Shit Posting Epic Robots General.

woah

woah

RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WTF

?????

Holy shit they simply plugged the hole in the mesh, they didn't fix torso joint displacement at all.

BRAVO PIG

" • Uziel: Fixed a hole in the hips. "

uziel is not fixed

The hitboxes are also still the same. Entire front profile is just side torsos.

Good job from PGI as always.

This makes me so happy I didn't buy into this piece of shit. But I did get Cougars

I have never seen a company lack as much effort as PGI

This amount of incompetence is just biblical

what the fuck

>that fucking assymetrical lowered laser box on a new hellbringer torso falls out of the torso model

JESUS FUCK PIGGER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

This is why.

swine quality control

>instead of putting largest lasers in the topmost mounts it puts them in the lowest ones no matter how you juggle them

gg

no it doesn't? fuck are you talking about

It does, try it yourself.

the screenshot alone proves you wrong so I have no idea what you are talking about

>Dude, let's like, give the Mist Lynx 6--no--8 machine guns, and huge armor quirks as far as clams go.
>What could go wrong

With duct tape and chicken wire, apparently.

Even on the screenshot you can see that large lasers are not symmetrical. Thats where the game puts always them.

check your eyesight, the lasers are symmetrical in , that's why they made the left torso the way it is

Everyone can check this in game to see how wrong you are. Are you le trolling by pretending to be retarded?

Anyway it's evident even on the screenshot.

you have brain problems

Again, try this shit in game and report back.

just kys
learn to build robots

>i deny your reality and substitute my own!

Ok come back at me when you check this shit in game and you'll finally understand what I'm taalking about.

What to grab: a double ballistic ebin hero which has high mounts or double ballistic mad dog hero which is my nostalgia darling?

I already posted a screenshot that proves you completely wrong

I was thinking vulture too, per nostalgia ...thing is I'm pretty sure it's an ass mech

Open the mechlab and try putting any large laser in and out. Literally that simple.

we snova now
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=212&l=fd88eee9760664acb0b9aa788d13c12ee23fbec0

Just look at the screenshot, literally that simple.

we wuz snova

Yeah that's the gist of it, ebin hero has meta mounts while mad doggo is classic and looks cool with torso ballistics while being inferior in the meta.

Think I'm going to go for muh nostalgia.

>literally a shittier ebj, hbr, tbr

#wow #woah

>shittier tbr
doubt

wew stop dying

no

How has the patch been today?

Lynx Machine Gun is preddy great.

You know, for all the shitposting about the MDD being a bad mech, I've had a great time with it.

I tried an LRM boat first just based on it's reputation, and did.. Ok with it. I'm just not a big fan of LRMs.

Now I'm running 2 x ATM6 and 2 x HLL and it's great. I don't seem to draw nearly as much fire as I do in my EBJ/TBR. Maybe that's just my confirmation bias, maybe the extra mobility is helping more than I realized, or maybe it's reputation as a shit mech means people prioritize other targets over me. I don't know.

I do know I get solid, consistent performance in it. Not sure if I would enjoy a ballistic build as much desu though. The huge burst damage of the HLL+ATMs, as well as the ability to sneak in an ATM strike over a wall or something here and there I think contributes to the performance a lot. You punch hard and spend a lot of time avoiding fire.

heh

It still dies if you sneeze on it.

>ran my MDD-A with 4HML and 2ATM9 before the patch hit
>new MDD is quirked to hell and back for this loadout and has the exact hardpoints needed
>30% missile cooldown, 10% heavy laser duration, etc.
>but its all locked in the set-of-8 bonuses, so I have to re-buy the entire 'mech just for the quirks
Well at least I didn't put a pattern on my MDD-A I guess, now I just have to decide if I'm gonna sell it or try to turn it into a heavy laser boat similar to .

You can just go 2x atm12 + 6x ersl on any other maddog and only sacrafice 10% cooldown if you use both prime side torsos.

Like most lights that stay put

Yeah, sure, but I really like the heavy mediums. Also you lose more than just 10% cooldown, since the bonuses on the new variant also grant 5% spread reduction, which you can't get without set-of-8 on the prime either, and you can't do 6 lasers and 2 missiles on only prime pods.

I'm pretty much sold on buying the new variant as it is, my only problem now is what to do with my old one. I'm currently testing 2ERLL with 4HML, which is good enough heatwise but the low mounts and lack of arm actuators to cram more heatsinks in is really taking its toll. Only a couple games in though, so I might be able to learn to compensate for it.

Yeah, the H is pretty much perfect for those builds, although you can also fiddle around with other models some.

MDD-H right torso + MDD-Prime left torso gets you 15% velocity, 15% cooldown, which is as fast as you're going to flick missiles at stuff off quirks alone. Lose a little cooldown, gain a little accuracy.

Not sure if i will enjoy it, or I will enjoy the Spurdo.

I never mentioned mdd-prime set of 8, mdd-prime torsos are 10% cooldown and 5% velocity each by themselves.
You can get the spread reducion on any maddoge, its not set of 8 but part of mdd-H LT qwerks.

>turned out that faggot memech is to hot to boat serious lasers

motherfucker

>Expects good performance on the GAR-D with a build like that, after being given shoulder energy
baka desu

>EBJ-A now has a -15% UAC/20 jam chance if you use the full pod set
Does this make it worth switching from 6erml+2erll pure laser vomit to a uac/20+added vomit build?

Holy shit, that enemy team.

>98 Damage ANH
>120 Damage MCII

These are the people feeding their cash right into PGI. Why do they do it?

Whales gonna whale

RIP Earnie Munson

>you can get the spread reduction on any maddoge
Yeah, but my point was that I can't get spread reduction if I take both prime side torsos. I know you didn't mention the prime set-of-8, I mentioned it, because that's where the spread reduction is, unless you mix MDD-Prime and MDD-H pods, but why would you do that when you can take all of the MDD-H pods and get some of the best offensive quirks ever seen on a clan 'mech?

>tfw spl will never be good again
>tfw the rise of the 6spl meme ferret will never happen

>tfw spectated a guy in MCII who was running 4mpl 2srm6
>tfw he was chain-firing the mpls and firing his srms from beyond max range
>tfw I watched him target a kodiak in front of him who had both side torsos open, but the MCII just ignored the target info and tried to facetank while chain-firing into the kodiak's still significantly armored CT

Because you wanna get 6 energy hardpoints anyway.

>Incursion match
>UZL skirts boundary of map the entire match
>Ends up being the sole survivor against 3 nearly critical enemy mechs
>He's running around their base firing LRMs into the base structures at 80m
>He isn't firing his LBX at all
>Get's gang banged by the last three survivors, never even tries to fire a shot at them.
>Just keeps pumping lrms into the base at below min range.

Just kill me.

It was fun to troll that team.

What? Why would you trade massive missile quirks and four quirked HMLs for way less missile quirks and six quirkless ERSLs?

>WAY less
Not according to numbers

Ersl are a better option
Ermls are, too.

Do ballistic cooldown quirks do anything for RACs?

I kind of want to buy a Rifleman 3N/3C but I'm struggling to come up with a good build.

>Do ballistic cooldown quirks do anything for RACs?
Nope.