/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Secret Overlord Edition.

Didn't bow to the Bogdanoffs: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

First for being in the know

Reminder.

can someone give me a quick rundown?

Here goes my ACB

>crowfeather
>church pick
>ACB
>Guidence
>Kos or Ludwig
>Eileen
>old hunter
>HxH

thanks lotte and egg, want to get the last one out of the way?

-The Choir bows to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with Great Ones
-Possess arcane abilities
-Control Yharnam with a siderite but fair fist
-Own clinics & lecture halls globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient Pthumerian blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities in the Nightmare (Bogdanam will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of old blood editing research facilities in Yharnam
-First man-made Great Ones will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff Great Ones
-both brothers said to have 215+ ARC, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Loran monasteries & Great Isz
-Ancient Pthumerian scriptures tell of two Great Ones who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own phantasm labs around the world
-You likely have Bogdasms inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Great Ones Oedon and Amygdala, forwarding the word of Great Ones to the Healing Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the vicar & the Pthumerian council of elders (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the vicar’s first trip to Loran in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Nightmare Frontier?
-They learned fluent Caryll in under a week
-Yharnam entrusts its blood reserves with the twins. There’s no blood in Iosefka's Clinic, only Bogdanoff Clinic
-The twins are about 7 million decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

I'd love to. You did miss the two treasure rooms on L3 Isz though

sure

friendly reminder the only good BLT weapon is the bloodletter. Chikage is a one trick pony used by subhuman Slavs and twinks.

you guys are too nice to me, ringing in great pthu ihyll
and yeah i did miss them but I didn't need any of what was in there

It's a pretty boring weapon (at least to me) but you shouldn't shame others for using the game's already limited weapon pool

>try out several no cape attire
>immediately notice that my character for whatever reason seems to walk around with a hunchback, doesn't run with a straight back like a fucking normal person
>this bothers me to no end
>even while just standing still there's a slight hunchback
>can't wear capeless attire anymore

>try cape attire
>clipping everywhere
It's a damn curse.

If they're canon, please explain to me how Yharnam Queen is pregnant in the boss fight. Unless you're telling me the dungeons are in the past or something. Which doesn't make any sense, considering all the blood fuckery going on in there.

id say im sorry Charlotte but
nothin personnel

>Literally one step away from the lever
>Pthoomerian Gaurd manages to stunlock me to death

fuck this gay earth

>Not making a build for both

I will admit that str blood tinge is fun as fuck since you get
>bloodletter
>pizza cutter
>gattling gun
>canon

This combo turns the battle field into chaos
But if you are invading you should have plans to deal with and kill with any build in the game. From my point of view both builds are dime a dozen trash and I use beast claws which are very low tier.

You know the Yharnam Stone? It's what's called a lithopedion, a fossilized, dead fetus.

>gimped pizza cutter
yeah, hahaha, great fun in every orifice

>Everyone always whines about the chikage
>No one whines about the shitshow that is the bloodletter and it's ridiculous hitboxes, hyperarmour and moveset
Why /bbg/?

hyprocrisy

it cries in the fight

You know what dead, fossilized, means right?
Mergo isn't dead in the main game.

Faye, Smart, I gotta go. Have fun farming!

Because bbg endorses/shills the letter

To be fair isn't it canon the hunters are mutated due to the blood making them somewhat taller with hunch backs and long arms? Would make sense if player character has a more toned down version of this you can really notice it if you look at the arms. This becomes even more so when you use the embrace rune.

Real answer: Sarah's toxic, self-aggrandising attitude made people biased against the chikage.

adíos

Well that'd explain why when I equip my Yharnam Hunter set my character's legs seem they grow 3 meters

that was the smoothest descendant kill ever
augur makes the fight so satisfying

Choose your own extra strength weapon then?
It's still good unless your some shitter who need to kill in one hit to have a chance at pvp I guess

damn you have so many things you like and I absolutely hate (one reborn, research hall, gardens).
Nice fashion though!

>attire
gherman hat, student garb, constable gloves, student legs
>weapon
amy arm
>tool
exec gloves
>pistol
repeating
>rune
beast (for fall damage reduction)
>boss
ludwig
>npc
edgy crow or alfred
>basic enemy
silverbeasts
>area
innsmouth
>oath
impurity

People were bitching about the Chikage long before Sarah showed up, don't give credit where it isn't due.

>that attire
kek'd my nigga

IMPROMPTU AT LORAN???

kermit? is that you?

Mergo's also an omnipresent ghost voice you can hear literally everywhere with enough Insight. And Queen Yharnam manifests close to places of interest to her child while she's still imprisoned in the dungeons. She bows to us in Mensis, attacks us Ihyll. Mergo's a stone in Ihyll, a crying baby everywhere else. Also a Great One and they don't make sense.

Sorry about that ToSmartTooWin Are you Lotte, btw? I forgot to change threads and missed Kermit's post.

>just realized the blood stone shards/chunks/rocks have double helixes

Lets be real here it's because no matter how good the weapon is or how balanced it is compared to dlc weapons the fact is if you see a katana in game you can usually assume the person using it is a weeb to some level.

Now stack that on top of the fact that it was so good early in the games life. Now imagine if you will how /bbg/ would react to getting 2 or 3 shot by weebs. Not very well and now imagine several name fags go about gloating over killing people low levels with like 2 hits.

Just so many things came together to piss off bbg

no I am not Lotte, Lotte was assisting someone else while our farming session was happening

Is there any faster way to fill up the beasthood meter without transform attacks? Church Pick barely builds any

>arc attack up 27.2%
>atk vs beasts down
I got what I needed. Thanks for letting me tag along Faye

You guys can probably tell what kind of player I am from this.

>attire
Madman's leggings and embrace rune
>weapon
Beast claws
>tool
Lead elixir
>firearm
Canon
>rune
The health one
>boss
Orphan of Kos
>npc
Homeless beast man
>basic enemy
Beasts
>area
Nightmare frontier
>oath
Embrace

With the beast claws...

Thanks for the company, friend.

a fag who's too lazy to use the template user posted

Charge attacks plus follow up

My computer is being repaired and im posting from my phone. No need to act like a faggot user

>No need to act like a faggot user
This is /bbg/ though, it's basically a prerequisite for posting

thanks for playing with me today Charlotte and egg, it's time for bed now
night

man why did they kill invasions in ds3
invading nightmare frontier/mensis is so much fun
just watching the hosts panic as soon as you come in
the terror is almost palpable

I wish that happened to me. I always get edgelords looking for duels. I'm not invading for duels you faggots

Is this supposed to be a choir slut? If yes, the firearm should be the Rosmarinus.

Nice flavor of the month chart

If they want a duel I'll just run to the monsters and act like a faggot forcing them to engage them and then gank them and give them the "shh" gesture.

Fuck duel fags. Literal reddit. I'm invading you to make your life miserable not to engage in honorabru duel faggotry.

>the fear
I really fuckin love it, sometimes at mergo I can see a person that is obviously there for the first time. I hit them once and 3/4 of their health is gone so I let them heal and repeat that, sometimes they run away or do beg for life gesture after which I return back

Depends what level you are if you are 120 .you are not getting anyone playing normally. I stay around 70 for invades.

the worst is when they want a duel but dont bother to bloodbullet

Yeah you're right, I have an 83 that gets mostly pve'ers. The duelfags are always using Ludwig's untricked and just spam R1 then literally sprint away to heal after taking a single hit. Such shitty "duels"

You ever try running away and using the poise potion and coming back?
99% of the time duel fags and ganking fags will all just lunge at you and die to the most basic r1 spam its fucking hilarious when 3 nubs do this and all die at once

Faye?

Yea ludwig is probably the number 1 shitter weapon in the game. Whenever is it I know that it will be an easy fight. Only builds that are ever an issue are bt twink builds with on point parries. But they usually have low hp so after they miss a shot can die pretty fast.

Other than that marias katana is shamelessly broken dmg wise but most people who use it seem to be really bad.

What poise potion?

Lead Elixir

Yeah

This:

They killed invasions in 2 and kept it dead due to "balance" fags that wanted the only viable builds to be melee light armor builds.
>whined about twinks
>whined about poise
>whined about magic
>whined about non twink invades
As a result
>invading in 2 is much harder both 2 and 3 have ways other than levels to regulate who you invade
>heavy armor nerfed to hell poise no longer works and wearing it is considered a waste of stats
>By 3 magic is a completely nerfd shit fest removing the few interesting things they did in 2
>Even if you do invade its now always someone who has a group and if they dont the game will always summon a group for them with blues

Balance faggots have always been the worst and it sadly fucking trickled down into the sp mode in 3

Also favourite boss should be Ebrietas and favourite enemy should be Ayymissary

>both 2 and 3 have ways other than levels to regulate who you invade
how does 3 regulate it? I never played it that much desu

you're right tho ganking is seriously horrible in das3 i can't remember a time I invaded when there wasn't at least 1 summon. I like when that happens in BB.

>Spells cost FP
>Spells ALSO cost Stamina
>/dsg/ had an early blight of the '80 meta'
Yeah that was fun

Although invasions around 30 or 60 are still fun due to the hosts being unfinished builds progressing through the game

Weapon reinforcement must be within range (+2/-2 of your highest weapon reinforcement)

After Best Boy ENB is done with DS3, should we encourage him to do Bloodborne next? I really want to see him do Bloodborne with fully opened eyes.

He should do it when you stop shilling him between here and /dsg/

The regulate it by weapon level so for example if I go into a world with a +9 weapon the person is required to have AT LEAST +9 or higher. So in most cases the person you are invading is stronger than you in terms of dmg output if you are not 10+ and even if you are there is a decent chance they are a higher level than you not even counting phantoms

fuck off e-celeb cancer

How viable are striking gems? What are the fastest charged attacks in this game? Do they also count for the R2s that can't backstab?

damn really? what a shitty way to destroy twink builds baka. glad I got over it pretty quickly

FUCKING SUBHUMAN NIGGERS DON'T REPLY TO ENBFAG

Anyone feel like helping a twink with defiled keeper? BL47 and pass halp . If you're interested, reply and I'll start ringing.

I'm not looking for a fight here guys. If you guys are not interested in seeing him BB then that's okay. When he's announcing that he does BB or hinting to it I shall deliver the news.

I'll help you.

whoever designed the undead giants and greenlit them can suck a fat AIDS-infested nigger cock

How many times do we need to tell you we don't want to hear it? How many people need to tell you point-blank that they don't want to hear anything about the guy? No one cares, take this somewhere else. We don't want it, /dsg/ doesn't want it, find some place that does.

Nice, ringing by layer lamp.

Guys is the wheel the best weapon for poison build?

Of course she can ignore the stagger like that, I forgot no one playtested these fights. Ringing again.

Does anyone want to carry me through the dlc until rakuyo sharks

I can do Hunter's Nightmare and Laurence

Looking at doing an Arcane playthrough - is the guide in the OP still correct? Also do i level pure ARC or get to like 20 Vit first?

It says to go 'poop on Ludwig with +9 Fire Spear and EG' but unless i've dumped pure ARC i feel like my basic ass fire gems aren't really going to add up to much.

Thanks, fellow confederate. Your help was precious. I'm sorry I play defensively, but, with 17 Vit, I couldn't affort a mistake. Now I can handle the rest on my own, thank you again.

I already rushed through nightmare, not really interested in the beast oath Laurence gives
But thanks anyway user