Cadillac

What is our opinion on Cadillac's? Age 30+ responders only please.

Probably the most luxurious American car, but that's not saying much

they're quite nice compared to korean luxury

They are capable of making good cars.

I hope they'll keep the V series and improve it a little.

inferior

No other brand so strongly reprisents old school American swagger.
Cadillac is a part of the American identity in a way in which no other car brand is for any other country.

Just because something is expensive, doesn't mean that it is luxurious.

More money than knowledge.

I'll be 36 this year and I'm not a fan of them. The V models are cool so long as you can get a manual gearbox. Still don't think I would actually get one though.

>our opinion
?

Cadillac used to be driven exclusively by wealthy old dudes and mobsters. Now they're marketed and styled for women on a power trip.
Hard to choose one over lexus

watch this this yet effective trick kids:

BTFO

Cheap and tacky. Glossy piano black is disgusting.

no stank, neither Lincoln nor Caddy should produce cars. they are REALLY good at SUVs, why not just make SUVs?

their cars are almost all flops. maybe make one $50k flagship -- xts and continental -- but outside of that all their cars burn thru profits

lincoln LT and cadillac escalade EXT when????

snark*

>Age 30+ responders only please

I'm considering a used CTS-V, provided I can find a manual at a good price.

I might just get a Camaro 1SS 1LE, but I'm an attorney and need something a little more luxurious.

garbage i'd never buy. the xt-5 is okay though. escalade is tacky nigger tier or tacky white trash who got lucky in energy or some shit and are underwater on their house

but they're decent rental cars. assuming you get one that was't driven by niggers prior and smells like weed and cigs

I have one and I like it, not even close to 30 yet. Seems to be an unpopular opinion here to say anything good about Cadillac. Not sure why

Absolute General Motors garbage.

A CTS-V's power can be matched by a blown CTS of the next generation. The only gains you would see is the T56 manual giving you gear choice, but the 5L-40 is perfectly adequate and the ratchet shifter-not ratchet shifter is pretty fun.

Good cars, poor execution

I applaud them for returning to RWD to get some credibility back but they need to make at least one more good looking sedan. Just the CTS isn't enough. I also give them props for coming up with the -V package for its cars ala Mercedes' AMG and BMW's M upgrades for their models. What they need to do better is stop giving up after putting out a fresh Escalade series every 3 years at the expense of the other models. I am 37 but I wouldn't be caught dead buying their ATS or the CT6 even with someone else's money. I'd legit consider a CTS-V, an XLR and even the Catera as possibly dynamic and sporty cars but will still say they've a long ways to go before they're on par with a Mercedes, a Jaguar or a Maserati

I was stunned they even thought to have such a package, to match AMG, M, and Audi's RS series note for note. The Nurnburgring lap times sound promising

Lincoln fucked themselves bad on that new Continental making it FWD/AWD and no V8, famalam. Plus the new grille makes it look like a bootleg Jaguar XJ

Only cholo cartel chiefs ever bought those. Ford kept the format and now they are the Ford F-150 King Ranch spec

You mean its a knob like in a Chrysler 200?

they keep saying to dare greatly yet they don't dare on making this.

I love them. I've had an Escalade as a tow rig for years, and if a CTS-V came with a manual, I would have one of those in my garage instead of my SS. It's a shame that they don't have a v8 in the ATS. I don't really care for the crossovers, but I don't really like anyone's crossovers.

my earleist experience with Cadillac was the Cimarron. The Cimarron.

So yeah, never really held Cadillac in high regard and always thought its best days were long behind it. Only thing keeping it alive are the fond memories of the "greatest generation" and their boomer shitkids.

24 with a 2007 CTS-V. It's awesome knowing I have one of the fastest, most powerful cars on this board and it's all thanks to Cadillac

they're stinky ass poopoo caca-dookie shit

The CTS is a car that was perpetually almost good in low spec trim, and very good as a V. The current gen is actually good all across the board.

I wish the packaging was a little better on the ATSs, because they are cool little cars otherwise.

Yeah my Ma had one of those, a light blue 1985. It was an EXCELLENT J-body vehicle, but it was definitely not in any way competitive nor able to hang with the Mercedes 190E, the BMW E30 3-series, the Volvo 240, and the Audi 100 no matter how hard the masterminds at GM had it cosplaying as a compact luxury car. From what I have read GM lost so much money from the Cimarron bombing they legitimately considered shutting down the entire Cadillac division to recoup all their losses

The ATS kills me on its looks, its overall profile reminds me of a Scion TC with 4 doors. I'm sorry, elegant luxury sedans NEED a general 3-box profile in some iteration, anything else looks like hot garbage. Its for this same reason I can't really make peace with the look of the Tesla Model S and the Fox body 1980s Mustangs with the bubble hatchback instead of the flat trunklid

That said I'd be down for a CTS, V'ed or non-V it looks good and is sporty in any configuration

The ATS is a sedan too

Yes, one with a birth defect trunklid that's too short and C-pillars that nearly extend to the rear end of the car. Its a cheap trick the ATS and that equally fugly Lincoln MKZ use to make the inside of the car feel spacious and hueg when all they really did was make that space behind the rear seats into a fucking greenhouse.

American Acura

Which somehow means the interior is lower tier than a high trim Honda.

Making the C-pillar extend to the rear edge of the car is unacceptable on a sedan. Save that shit for hatchbacks, and 5-door cars, user

Used to be comfy in the 70s-90s. They're pretty cool now though.

>stop giving up after putting out a fresh Escalade series every 3 years at the expense of the other models.
you're an idiot. Escalade and XT5 are the money makers. the sedans and coupes gobble all the profits

jesus that gen aged so horribly. anything from a domestic car company pre-2009 was junk

Post your dyno sheet because we all know your ls2 is stock and barely making 320whp and 300tq

Sometimes I wonder if GM is trolling us through Cadillac

>make a bunch of SUVs that are blessed with OEM bling
>discontinue the XLR which was a squared up Corvette with a luxe Caddy leather and woodgrain interior
>Shit out some fugly crossovers nobody cares about
>Make one cool looking sedan and coupe/get our hopes up and then
>debut the ATS which looks like a Saturn Aura with a swankier looking grille and some kind of KITT looking 3rd brake light on the trunk.

You're the idiot if you can't understand that they can funnel some of those Escalade/XT5 profits into making a 2nd good looking sedan BESIDES the CTS so then they can have another elegant stylish and sleek model people will buy the fuck out of. That's how automakers work. They put out some plain vehicles to fund the niche cars which are great but aren't volume sellers which in turn raises acclaim for the brand as a whole which in turn brings up sales which sustains the marque so that they can afford to design and develop even more popular cars buyers want.

Only driven by minorities and old people who have yet to realize their only driven by minorities.

That said im a big fan of the CTS V but the interior and meh styling is a deal breaker.

I drove some of the older RWD ones. 60s even. Very nice cars.

Newer lot of FWDs are basically fancy taxi cars. I don't know what's going on with the performance aspect. Are they trying to beat up on Lexus? Black people don't make enough money to buy that shit.

>what is high interest financing

Is that the thing that turned GM from a manufacturer into a lender?

all generations of ctsv are nice, by far the best is the 2nd because you get that insane supercharged v8 and a 6 speed manual

More expensive Chevy for old people. Zero interest in any of them. Lincoln is at least a little appealing with the MKZ and Navigator.

Would never buy one with Cue.

ATS rear seat is unfogiveable

Wish the XTS Vsport running gear would make it's way downstream with better suspension tuning

Love pretty much every flavor of the CTS

The CT6 chrome/shiny window trim is all wrong. Would love to own one, though. Pretty much any engine and drivew configuration wouild be fine.

I couldn't give a shit about any of the suvs/crossovers

A guy in his mid thirties and stuck at 90k for the rest of time. I cinsider myself barely middle class being single and withkut children. I could never be seen in a luxury branded car, maybe a Buick at the highest end. I shopped Chebby Impala and toyota Avalon for my last DD for a reason

They really need to kill art and science design and reembrace some curves

Why do I have to be 30+
FUCK THIS SHIT, FUCK THE SYSTEM

couples are basically obsolete and sedans are going that way too. nobody buys those cadillac cars. they're ALL massive money losers. cadillac brand appeal is dogshit, always will be. just make SUVs and crossovers, stop fucking around with cars nobody will ever buy

you can afford an XT5 -- great vehicle and good value. good lease

Could doesn't mean should.

I enjoy the hell out of my current fleet.

>it has Cue and is an SUV so nope.

I do love that engine in my Impala LTZ, though

I really want an MKZ bi-turbo V6 but that's just me but I'm far too young/poor to be their target demo.

realtalk, cadillac right now is what bmw was about 15 years ago in terms of focus and design philosophy.

bmw now is just trying to be mercedes with different marketing

>curiosity piqued

Where was BMW 15 years ago... ?

e46, e38, e39, their golden years.
although actually 02 was the debut of the bangle butt 7 series so arguably the cancer had set in by then

That's a nice photo.

If you really liked cars you'd be putting half your income towards payments. That's about 3k a month for payments. That's $210,000 if you finance over 8 years.
Lots of nice cars in that range user.

Pretty sweet, they keep up their work I'll be getting one as my next. Starting to want luxury along with performance Cadillac seems to fit the bill pretty well.

The Tesla Model S's shape serves a practical purpose because it's a hatchback.

I think the shape also has an aerodynamic benefit, as the most aerodynamic vehicles seem to all use a similar shape.

LOL nobody buys cadillac sedans, they're a joke, the dealers get raped keeping all this worthless inventory on their lots. all they want are escalades and xt5s....they really want an xt1 and xt3

allegedly caddy plans to merge ATS and CTS into one sedan (ct4?). idk what they point of the xt5 and ct6 is...xt5 is a fleet king and boomers kinda like it.

they should just cancel the ats cts and ct6 altogether. just keep making a clean xt5 and offering it for a good price. focus all energy on crossovers and suvs...maybe bring back the luxury Escalade pickup

xts* and ct6.... why make both? xts is popular with boomers. ct6 is a major fucking flop

I have doubts anyone with a 200k car is going to finance it for 8 years. If they would they aren't an outfit I would do business with. I save 25%, live below my financable means via paid off rewards card every month for all expenses and just generally live as simply as possible.

To each their own

>>discontinue the XLR which was a squared up Corvette with a luxe Caddy leather and woodgrain interior
And which had the horrible turd called Northstar. Why the fuck didn't they just use an LS2 like in the CTS-V?

>Impala
>Avalon

Why are you so hung up on almost-luxury cars? Just get a well-kept preowned luxury car. Easily the most value for your buck vs. some brand new pleb car that would only make you look like somebody's Uber driver

I will tell you why. They got complacent. They lost track of what people want and alienated the younger crowd in favor of selling old people the same cushy/wallowy V8 couch-on-wheels that made Cadillac one of the greatest cars out there in decades past. By the early 90s where they'd gone to mostly FWD platforms they lost even more credibility. Thankfully they got off smoking the FWD rocks and have mostly gone back to RWD. The reason people look at the Cadillac brand cockeyed is because they want to be seen as on level with Mercedes, Lexus, Audi and Jaguar again while not taking all the steps that would place them in that same bracket again. Cadillac is out of the woods now but they still have a ways to go.

The looks are getting really stale imo. They need a new design language.

Shit interior
Great driving dynamics

24 with a 2010 CTS 3.6 here

I know for a fact i have 300whp 300torque on you and my car isnt even one of top 10 the fastest cars here.

That makes sense, I think I just somehow only think about my ATS and wonder why someone wouldn't enjoy it. For some reason the rest of the lineup (besides the CTS and the V's) really are old people cars.

Will give credit to them on the interior updates from the Cadillac's of just a few years ago. Boy did they do a good job, the previous models were barely distinguishable from their Chevy and GMC lookalikes.

Nope

>Saying things on the internet with no proof

The dude who called you out on 320hp and 320torque was close enough.

See here boyo

That's 200 over not 300

My math is bad i still love you and your car. Just figured you should know there are anons here with much faster cars

i have an 11.5~ second 1/4 car

what does this run

With drag radials and not my retarded ass driving high 11s. 12.11 is my best.

Allow me to save some face. That was completely stock, no tune in june with 98 degree louisiana weather. I have not tracked it since ~2 years.

This.

Didn't bother reading any of the posts after this.

If Toyota can cut Lexus's leash a little slack to allow pure art like the LC/LS then surely GM can cut Caddy's leash a little slack too.

Pic related is the last real Cadillac and even it was a pale shadow of what it should've been.