Nissan Versa

Thinking about buying a Nissan Versa. Why shouldn't i? Convince me not to buy this car.

well as long as you are blind its a great car

Buy a used Focus SE manual for 8k

Are you saying it's ugly or if i'm blind to the issues?

Nissan hasn't been good or relevant since the 90's.

Every other small sedan is better.

Mazda 3 would be my pick.

it's trash. terrible build quality. shitty unreliable no fun cvt. just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.

base model civic is better in every way
>but i'm poor
honda fit then faggot

i drove one of these for a while, felt cheap in everyway

oh god where to begin
The CVT's are awful, theres a massive issue with them and Nissan won't do a recall at all
The interiors are very basic, a civic's interior is better. IIRC its more expensive than a civic too

The CVT's Nissan makes fail. A lot.

Didn't those have a rod knock problem?

Why you should: Daily driver that can be a shitbox that's affordable. You can treat it like shit and as long as you do maitence it'll be okay.

why you shouldn't: It's just a communter car, there's absolutely nothing you can do to make it look cool. It would be a pussy demon.

Just get a good used car instead of literally the cheapest shittiest car for sale in the USA. If you insist on new at least get a new old stock Mazda 3.

Different guy from OP, what do are your opinions on the Toyota Yaris iA?

>Nissan still denies their xtronic CVT has issues

Get a Toyota OP

>CVT that has a regular operating temp of close to 300 F

We've had to replace the trannies on a few of these at the dealer I work at. They are also terrible in every other conceivable way

Driving one of these things is like proclaiming to the world that you would gladly exchange your dignity for a couple thousand dollars. Even driving a base Elantra would be less pitiful than rolling around in utter mediocrity and cheapness

First gen Versa hatch was nice. Drove eight hrs in one as a rental, thing had big comfy seats, main reason why I picked it as the other rentals had shit skinny seats with terrible foam. Downside was fuel econ, felt like it needed an extra gear. 4 speed non CVT.

Also just get a Corolla. Older one. Like, 2008 the last of that gen.

This car is shit.

My uncle owns one and the ride was rough when he took us to La Guardia. I know the roads in NYC are bad but with this car is was awful.

For what a used Cruze of any gen goes for i don't know why you'd fuck around with a versa. The remodeled sentra is a more sensible choice, too. Just so many better options out the if it doesn't have to be new and if new, there are still so many better rigs

>Why shouldn't i?
Well let's see. It's ugly, anonymous, underpowered, has no advantages over far better vehicles in the same price range and oh yeah it's really fucking ugly.

Get a manual and its a good shitbox.
With cvt its an extremely boring shitbox.
Mazda 2, honda fit, toyota yaris, they’re all the same

The Versa is pretty dated. If you're going for a cheapo Nissan shitbox get the Sentra instead. Interior is a lot nicer and it's not much more expensive.