youtube.com/watch?v=rqiBWfsDTAA
jalopnik.com/the-fascinating-company-that-tears-cars-apart-to-find-o-1787205420
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/bmw/i3-4-door-hatchback
youtube.com/watch?v=ywh653ENljA
youtu.be/mnioFPN7WB8?t=1m7s
youtube.com/watch?v=uDr4L6BzpP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They said it's the equivalent of a 90's Hyundai

Jesus, that's just plain unsafe about the frunk. How is that legal??

Stuff only changes when someone dies from said flaw.

tesla fags will defend this. This is like some 3rd world shit. my econobox that is 1/4 the price NEW has better safety and build

Also should mention the hood is aluminum, I have a feeling Tesla just bets fire fighters will tear it off with relative ease.

so wait... just cause some faggots think that ICE is the antichrist we have to go back to the stone age with safety and have people die all over again till we get back to what ICE cars are now?

The thing is the kind of buyer who a. already owns a Tesla and b. put down a deposit on the 3 and waited forever, they'll overlook almost any flaw to justify their purchase. Tesla basically has customers paying to beta test for them.

Same company did a teardown of i3:

youtube.com/watch?v=rqiBWfsDTAA

and here's a Jalopnik article on them:

jalopnik.com/the-fascinating-company-that-tears-cars-apart-to-find-o-1787205420

hold the phone, BMW actually made a car that is NOT unnecessarily complicated (comparatively) In a car category that is meant to be complicated?

Fucking Germans....

I think they're overestimating what carbon is capable of. That life frame or whatever looks like it'd shatter in a crash or rollover. It didn't look much thicker than my carbon mtb components.

It's a carbon golf cart. It's not really "advanced".

>looks like it'd shatter in a crash or rollover

looks can be deceiving. carbon fiber (if used correctly) can actually be as strong as or stronger than steel.

Is the emergency trunk release seriously a tiny, RECESSED button in the trunklid interior? Holy fucking shit.

Also those handles look like a great way to get frozen out of your car in snow or ice.

Those guys have hundreds of years of engineering experience among them. How many do you have?
You don't know shit. Go to school, kiddo.

I manufacture carbon fiber. Nothin personal kid

Do you test cars for a living? No. So STFU, assembly monkey.

good lord are they putting these cars together with "parts of best fit?" the fucking model T probably had closer tolerances.

a crown vic has fucking closer tolerances and that's saying something

Actually I do :)

The carbon fiber cuck cradle that serves as the basis of the i3's construction is impressive for what it is, but in terms of total strength its absolutely nothing special. IIHS tested a bunch of 2017 models, and they performed well, but objectively its only on par with other steel/aluminum vehicles.
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/bmw/i3-4-door-hatchback

You're sort of right about the splintering. Carbon fiber will eventually splinter when stressed enough, and it can't really be repaired at that point. However a steel or aluminum frame would be deformed beyond practical repair at that point as well.
BMW's i3 is only interesting because they managed to mass produce this carbon fiber cage before anyone else.

When you look at the number of cars Tesla actually produces per year things begin to make a lot more sense. Though it also raises a lot more questions.
Tesla has a lot of non automated assembly and final fitting in their production line, way more than anyone else. They have all these issues because unskilled workers are screwing panels in place, and there is pretty much no final QC. Whats troubling is that they aren't making any apparent steps to fix this. It seems as if Tesla aims to be an extremely low volume manufacturer, they aren't doubling down on improving quality. If they're selling cars in the tens of thousands per year when others sell millions it really begs the question of why they're so massively over valued.

>Yfw tesla was an italian automaker this whole time

there is a massive difference between esthetic carbon fiber and structural carbon fiber, juan.

>Whats troubling is that they aren't making any apparent steps to fix this. It seems as if Tesla aims to be an extremely low volume manufacturer, they aren't doubling down on improving quality. If they're selling cars in the tens of thousands per year when others sell millions it really begs the question of why they're so massively over valued.

Its almost as if its a giant scam...

would not surprise me if the inside of the "tesla factory" was empty and their cars were being made in china to facilitate pre orders then they disappear with the down payments

>Elon changes his last name to Musso
>Tesla changes its name to Teslaretti
>releases limited edition cars with Coach brand leather seats that are horribly uncomfortable but look nice

Pretty much bound to happen desu

They may eventually sell the brand to an automaker that actually knows how to manufacturer in volume for a profit.

>GM

this isn't news. people really just want the stupid fast one's for the low end torque and you can slap that shit in just about anything else

This old dog should stick to reviewing GM and Chrysler cars, he clearly is not ready for the revolution. Like an old man complaining about the lack of a keyboard on an iPhone

>Also those handles look like a great way to get frozen out of your car in snow or ice.
Tesla could just make an update to their app to be able to open the doors in such a circumstance.

shit design is a feature
>t.tesla shills

The new revolution is building low quality, disposable cars with no character? Not my future sorry

Even shittier than a Chinese car

It seems really common for high-end cars these days to have only electronic doors (with a manual backup hidden somewhere).

IIRC some guy died in a Corvette because he couldn't find the manual release when the battery died.

>2 boomers that have been sucking GM's dick all their lives
>don't understand electric cars
>biggest complaints are that it's hard to open the door with his frail old man hands and that he can't readily cut the main power cable whenever he feels like it

TESLA BTFO HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?!?!??????

>amerimutts
>complaining about panelgaps
It is not like this is a american car or something...

why does eurotrash love to strawman so hard?

>no replies to this post
Wew butthurt tesla shill btfo

>strawman
Sorry, but panel gaps are shit on american cars, they never had a realy good build quality.

You’re saying I can put one of these Tesla motors inside my polo? Count me in

Just in the quick overview he shows a bunch of half-ass bodges and mis-aligned panels.

Technicly you could, but you need to fit a large battery in your Polo as well.
Maybe even a Model S large rear drive unit, but you would need to change a lot on your Polo to fit that...

I would rather bolt a DC motor to your transmission...

Least-reliable new cars from CR:
>5. Fiesta
>4. Focus
>3. XC90
>2. Escalade
>1. Model X

youtube.com/watch?v=ywh653ENljA

why not batteries with AC inverter then an AC motor?

>does not know what a strawman is

>why not batteries with AC inverter then an AC motor?
DC-Motors and controllers are cheaper and have a better lowend torque.

>Elon Musso's new Teslaretti Spaghetti
>Goes from 0 to meatball in mama mia seconds
>The pastaest accelerating production car ever made

DAILY REMINDER THAT IT WOULD TAKE OVER 1 DECADE BEFORE YOU START SAVING MONEY OWNING AND OPERATING A TESLA 3 (OR ANY OTHER FULLY ELECTRIC NORMAL-SIZED CAR)THAN IT WOULD A PRIUS C INCLUDING THE PRICE OF GAS IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE AREAS OF THE UNITED STATES VS HAVING AN ELECTRIC CAR WITH THE CHEAPEST WATTAGE PRICES BASED ON THE INITIAL STICKER PRICE ALONE

Source?

theres sites that let you compare the true cost of owning including the gas and electricity prices

theres no electric cars for less than 30k, the only ones close are ones with just 1 seat or no practicality as your every day vehicle for all tasks

meanwhile the prius c goes for anywhere from 15-20k each year depending on the model u get, so the 10 year gap is essentially the point where paying off the car and gas prices to fillup would start to become more expensive than owning a fully epectric car

but by 10 years any battery is gonna be near dead and the prius ones go for 10k alone

and this doenst include the inconvenience of needing to install a charging station and needing to find them around where you live

Again, source?

>XC90 is unreliable because the touchscreen is hard to use
>Escalade has serious drivetrain issues

Yeah I trust customer surveys over warranty claim data. Thanks CR for activating my almonds!

>ford
no suprise here

Plenty of Priuses from 2003-2008 are still around as taxis with a gazillion miles on original batteries. What are you talking about?

the batteries degrade, the amount of charge they can take and how long they can run in e-mode declines

just because they still have a battery doesnt mean its anywhere near as good as it once was

also i highly doubt taxi drivers are staying under 35 most of the time so the only use from teh battery is when stopped

Prius had NiMH, Tesla has LiIon.
Both are totaly different, LiIon doesn´t age by cycle and is good for about 15 years if not abused.
NiMh drys out after a certain time.

They degrade, but the cars are still superbly efficient (i.e. the hybrid efficiency is barey affected if at all by 50% battery loss due to degradation) even if you can't go as far in the meme-EV-mode that you could when it was new.

>These are flaws that we would see on a Kia in the 90's

Bahahahahahahahah

This looks like some cheap shit from a Chinese store that cost 15 cents.

A toddler can break this of, hahah fuck Tesla will get bankrupt soon.

It's also from a Lexus, see filename.

but reddit told me that Elon Musk is a god that will defy all laws of physics

>Also those handles look like a great way to get frozen out of your car in snow or ice.
thought exactly the same. there's a reason nobody else uses meme handles like this.

>all the Tesla shills on YT in full damage control

>If they're selling cars in the tens of thousands per year when others sell millions it really begs the question of why they're so massively over valued.
soyboy hype

>That rear trunk opening
Why does that trunk rise up so high and why did they design it so that it looks super awkward when the trunk is open fully

What does the drivetrain have to do with huge panel gaps and shit quality?

But they're also worse
Less efficient and overheat easily. Also brushes

I mean FCA needs to get into the electric market somehow and Lancia is kind of unused as a brand right now...

tesla related shitposting aside
these are really interesting videos

>Runs on only the most economical and enviromentaly friendly olive oil

>grocery hole trunklid
>not a liftback

Jesus. Time to go BTFO my resident Tesla fag.

>Sending an update over the internet will fix this car's extreme dependency on electronic parts

why are you responding to alphonse?

Lion has it's own issues. Plus at it's capacity and architecture 15years is a stretch. Lion also degrages but not as fast.

Ive seen slavs put together salvaged to shit hondas with better panel gaps.

The new Continental (electric doors) has only *ONE* emergency manual latch, on the driver's door.

youtu.be/mnioFPN7WB8?t=1m7s

>S6
>180mph
Sure thing, VAG.

>emergency trunk release
Has anyone ever used one?

>not even the door handles work mechanically
wew I'm sure this shit will last forever. just like electric windows.

>Sandy Munro
fuck, i love this guy
>super autist, running a business meticulously tearing down cars, labeling and analyzing every part, selling that information to competing OEMs
>still has great story telling skills
youtube.com/watch?v=uDr4L6BzpP8

How long until Tesla pushes an update that limits the charge capacity of the battery so it becomes obsolete in 2 years a la Apple.

Yeah. One night after work(night shift) I called up a guy and we screwed around in the parking lot. At one point we tag teamed my coworker and put him in the guys trunk and he did donuts around the parking lot. Trunk guy bailed and used the release pull tag

What a stick-in-the-mud.

Those fucking comments form the tesla soyboys

>People really don't want to hear criticisms do they?

I'd imagine it's pretty useful in any car where the back seats fold down to allow access to the trunk, but I don't have that so I've never used it, no.

That T-handle design is what 90% of cars use, it also glows in the dark. Watch the OP video and you'll see the Tesla version about halfway through, it's a tiny recessed circle about the size of your thumb tip.

>made in usa
color me surprised

deport elon back to south africa

>Elon Musk change his name to Elia Mostarda
>Tesla changes its name to Meucci
>new Meucci modello Topolino Marinara Edition™
>comes with free parmigiana 4 life
Would buy

I actually have disabled mine, so if I need to kidnap a little girl, she can't get out

Teslafags all have huge sticks in their asses so bending down for the trunk is hard for them.

And even more ironically, its bigger sister (the i8) is a total bitch.

If anything it would be Ferd or a jap/euro brand.

GM and chryslel don't have the money to buy out Tesla.

Oh hey good idea, I'm sure we'll get a firmware update that installs heated doors to unfreeze them.

>pay a premium car
>the radio dont even work

lmao what the fuck is this
does it also double as a wing when going at high speeds?

it makes sense because then you can see out the back when the trunk is open

>2 boomers don't like new thing
stop the presses!

but they absolutely loved the i3
how do you explain that?

new thing = new technology

When the tobacco companies PAY (they call it funding - same thing) to get a research study done that is favorable - what do you think will be in the report - cigarettes are good for your health or cigarettes are bad for your health? This has got to be one of the most unprofessional auto reviews I have ever seen - and I have seen and read hundreds. The bias of these two is so obvious a toddler could pick up on it and what was even worse - they did not even try to hide it. These two old dinosaurs have no clue about electric vehicles and current technologies. First, you must ask yourself the question, who is buttering their bread? Follow the money folks - not Tesla. If you know anything about Autoline Network, then you would know that they are squarely in the pockets of the big fossil fuel companies and internal combustion engine automakers - that is how they survive. Just watch all of their previous videos, the ads and do a bit of independent research on the internet. I just wasted 7 minutes and 35 seconds of my life - never again. I feel so sorry for these two, the will be out of a job soon, so we are watching the last gasp of their "career" - so sad, so sad.