/hg/ - Halo General

And now it begins Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 "Operation Spearbreaker" and Serina DLC packs are available now for $5.99 seperately, $9.99 as a package, or at no charge for season pass owners
- Operation Spearbreaker is a 2-mission mini campaign where players take command of an elite ODST squad to stop a Banished plot
- Serina is a new leader available for multiplayer with her own unique unique units, leader powers, and blitz cards
- Both DLC packs come with their own obtainable achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/haze-of-glory

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>news

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe85N5xNMUxi3z4FzbZicMlmKp6yGbwxRStvjbBXXwxPGRWhA/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true
youtube.com/watch?v=612_qzVHRQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous Thread

Please start populating this thread, the other /hg/ is already starting off with shitposts over the other general

Do you want to play forza with me? Or maybe an Arbiter 1v1 in killer instinct? Some halo after too

Yeah sure, DM me ur Switch friend code. After our introductory ERP we can get down to some electronic games.

Post halo

>tfw no ringworld video game

Tourney when

YOU CHOSE THIS!

user, we will be lucky if Red is even alive after what we did to the /hg/ he spent so much time trying to save.

On Friday

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #336.
The featured map is "Overlook"

>Previous 50 threads
#335 - Action Figures #334 - Veto #333 - Updated Pastebin #332 - The Big Chill #331 pt. 2 - Press F for Serina #331 pt. 1 - Serina
#330 - Operation Spearbreaker
#329 - The Longest Night
#328 - Final Four
#327 - Summer Celebration
#326 - And it was all going so well
#325 - Summer Content
#324 - Inane Arguments
#323 - Jesus falls for the third time
#322 - Fucking WHY?
#321 - Technical Difficulties
#320 - Awakening the Nightmare
#319 - Post Tournament Vacation
#318 - Icons of War
#317 - At least do it right
#316 - We are still here
#315 - Never Give Up
#314 - Final
#313 - Xbox One X
#312 - E3 2017
#311 - Imagine Being Chief in this Scene
#310 - SGT Johnson
#309 - 16-Bit
#308 - 8-Bit
#307 - Banished
#306 - Post GT
#305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

That map reminds me of gears of war

THE FAG HAS SPOKEN

user, please, just can we ...
...Yeah it kinda does

I don't want the xbox general link in the OP. If they want to make their general, they're welcome to but I won't be supporting it in any way

anyone excited for this?

Numberfag has made his choice.

This general won't last until Halo 6 though. It died twice back in june.

I disagree with you on that, but I didn't make the OP.
I don't have a problem sharing a link as long as we stay /hg/ here. Whatever, it's over now.

Why so much hate for Xbox?

I think that user is false flagging.
I have no hate for the xbox or an xbox general, but I'm glad we still have /hg/

Anyone else played the new gears update yet?

>tfw

>/hg/ lives
I never doubted you for a second

Never liked playing that map in firefight. Never liked Reach firefight in general

I liled the customization in Reach's, but something about the core ODST mechanics seemed to fit the mode better

At least Reach had firefight.

I'm sure that if the original poster of this image knew I wanted it so badly they'd be very happy to provide it, hopefully they'll pop in to check on the ol' Halo G some day to put my woes to rest

Aaaaaw

I lile reach elites

>liled
Liked*

It was one of the most poorly transitioned maps from campaign to multiplayer and seems like the only one that started as a campaign segment first as opposed to the others.

Ironically enough, it played well in the beta exclusive generator defense mode.

I know people always have said that ODST was about survival instead of Reach which was about how much of a high score can you get. The customization was great in reach though.

There's a lot of 5 I don't like. Like being able to
change the announcers sounds good in theory but then you just miss Jeff Steitzer announcing the medals like he's always done. If there was just an option for Jeff to announce everything I'd pick him as long as it wasn't like H2A

Can't wait for firefight when ODST BC happens

Yeah I'd be done with getting some cheevos with /hg/ anons

Deal

thank you so much

I need some Halo 4 cheevos as well

It said halo

HALO

Friendly reminder that Jeff Steitzer originally did the same tone of voice as Halo 1-Reach when initially recording for Halo 4 but the audio directors didn't like that and asked him to be the more "animated" character his voice belongs to today.

Voting for the final matches in round 2 is still open. Make sure to get your votes in.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe85N5xNMUxi3z4FzbZicMlmKp6yGbwxRStvjbBXXwxPGRWhA/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true

>pitfall barely winning
Explain yourselves, /hg/

post webm guide

Well It's not winning anymore

Wat

you are a hero to me user

All of this crap is exactly why kai has kept hold of company leadership all this time, /hg/ is fine as it is. Let people talk about other xbox related stuff without attacking them its that simple, making an xbox general would make minimal impact on thread traffic since itd be mostly halo related content and anons and make it a bigger target for shitposting

Halo General should stay pure. No fucking shitty Xbox games or your dumb ass invitations to your sub par cuck love games .

God tier
>Halo General stays pure

Shit cuck retard cum licking tier
>hurr durr let's talk other games

>subject is closed and everyone is moving on
>bring it back up
way to go, you're the equivalent of a black guy going on about slavery.

fucking when

>CE
Eww, no thanks slut.

Halo Online wasn't Halo 3 source code, so it had stuff from newer games like Reach and 4's assassinations.

All of the assassinations are ported straight from from Reach. Also, the game appears to be using the ODST engine since Firefight is referenced in the tags.

Boo

Assassinations were already in the code because they were possible to do in Halo Online.

I still love you /hg/...

I never stated otherwise.

Then they're not ported. They were already there. Because it's not 3.

I was talking about the original devs of Halo Online. They were the ones that ported the animations from Reach.

user nothing was ported. They either started with Reach or 4.

They started with ODST. It's pretty evident if you look at the tags with Assembly or another program. Reach and 4's engines are vastly different to Halo Online's.

>only evidence of it being ODST are references to Firefight and a leftover HUD
>both of which were present in Reach and 4

Show some references to Reach and 4 in the tags then. No, assassinations don't count. If it was based off of the Reach or 4 engine, then porting maps from one of the two would be a lot easier to say the least.

user, which sounds more likely?
>they took ODST and added in the armors, armor abilities, hud elements, models, guns, and gun properties from Reach
or
>they just used Reach
Cause ODST didn't have sprint, lasted I checked.

None of that shit is in the game besides sprint. The armor, models, and hud are custom, certainly not Reach models, and there are no armor abilities in the game.

According to the El Dewrito devs the code matches up most with ODST.

3 beta

>none of that is in
>except that sprint works off of the armor ability version present in Reach
>it has hud overlays from Reach and 4 in the same way that it has ODSTs
>code mentions armor abilities in the same ways that it mentions firefight
>Reach and 4 weapon, vehicle, and objective models
No but please, tell me how it was all ported to ODST instead of just being 4 like the El Dewrito devs said back when they were on /v/ before making the subreddit. They switched to saying it was 3, and never ODST, because they wanted to hype it up. But they had to change a bunch of things like aiming properties left over from 4 to even make it feel like 3, and they STILL had to add in models from 3 to change the aesthetics because they didn't exist in Halo Online, even though those models are actually present in the ODST disc.

Wew

Whatsup /hg/ how's everyone doin?

wtf it's like 6 in the afternoon

Pretty good.
Excited to get home and play some MCC with friends

I'll be returning in like three days, so I'll get to play halo again/

I live in Japan.

>tfw all halo dlc will become free

What are some of the annoying achievements to get for Reach and 4?
I had all of the Reach achievements until they added DLC.
I also still need the FFA achievements for 3.

>when the incen kills are smooth as fuck

I'm looking forward to playing Halo with /hg/ when I get the chance.

>Reach and 4 weapon, vehicle, and objective models
Do you even know what vanilla Halo Online looked like? Most of the weapons are just Halo 3 models with shit tacked on them and new sounds. The warthog on Ice Box is clearly a Halo 3 warthog. Look:
youtube.com/watch?v=612_qzVHRQg

Show me the fucking Reach models in that video. Even if what the rest of what you said is true, it's more logical that they ported those snippets of code into ODST than port every other fucking thing into Reach.

>They switched to saying it was 3, and never ODST
Pic related. I'll take the devs word on this everyday of the year over your tinfoil wearing ass.

>Do you even know what vanilla Halo Online looked like?
Do you? It has the fucking forklift!
>Pic related. I'll take the devs word on this everyday of the year over your tinfoil wearing ass.
>picture first says that it is like ODST but doesn't quite match up
>last post says it IS the ODST engine
>his posts on Veeky Forums a month or so earlier said it was 4
The best argument you can make even with your own evidence is that neither of us can know, but stuff like sprint and the forklift already being there, as well as stuff like the Avalanche remake just being made of 4 assets, textures, and models, backs up it bein closer to 4.

For Reach, any of the Noble and Defiant map pack achievements. I remember most of those maps being taken out of rotation. I recommend just boosting for the dlc achievements in Halo 4. Some of the requirements are just stupid.

Oh right. Spartan Ops.

Kek

Well who the fuck wants to go through that bullshit alone? You can make it go four times as fast if you get four people.

What forklift? Halo 3 had a forklift too if you don't remember.
>his posts on Veeky Forums a month or so earlier said it was 4
It's almost as if a month of tinkering with something can change your understanding of it.
>Avalanche remake just being made of 4 assets, textures, and models
Bullshit. Show me evidence of this. It doesn't look like Halo 4 to me, and even if it did, a change in art direction doesn't mean a change in engine.

Overall, the number of Halo 3 assets vastly outnumber any foreign assets. To say that the few foreign elements like sprint means it has to be 4 or Reach is reaching hard. Implementing sprint isn't a tough task for a real studio with backing from 343 and Microsoft.

But user, dedication

I was led to believe tonight was a halo game night. Have I been bamboozled?

>I was led to believe tonight was a halo game night. Have I been bamboozled?
Depends on who is running it. The discord usuals have all but abandoned /hg/.
Clearly we still have an audiance though.
I'm game to play