I dont know nothing about cars, but I want this car

I dont know nothing about cars, but I want this car
Thoughts?

it appears to be a car

WAY too old for someone who doesn't know anything about cars.
Your options:

>get this car and learn how to wrench
>get this car and pay out of your ass for fixing tons of smaller shit that adds up (still less than compared to other cars of that era because the 35i is a solid car)
>don't get an old car and get a new one with warranty instead

i only know this much - its an early 90s vw passat. inform me what i should know about it, share your experiences with it and tell me whether its worth buying

>inform me what i should know about it
>literally spoonfeed me

How about you do your own research?
It is a solid car but if you're not willing to invest some time into acquiring knowledge, an old car is NOT for you.

Volvo 940

this very much

Get the diesel version and look for rust.

Judging by the picture it has at least two wheels. That is good

Get the station wagon. You're not gonna smuggle shit in a sedan. Don't you know anything?

get an audi 80 instead

Do you think he wants to rebuild his suspension every month?

That`s not a 100/A6/A4 though. It probably needs as many suspension rebuilds a Golf.

Honorable mention for the 2.slow, that thing will survive a fucking nuke

>100/A6
The C4 platform didn't have any issues with the front suspension, that's all on the B5 Passat/B5 A4/C5 A6

It might not be that bad, but it will still wear out the front suspension faster than a "normal car" because the engine is so far up the nose of the car. Why do you think it has so much front overhang?

I can't find anything on excessive front suspension wear or short rebuild intervals
It looks like a pretty simple setup anyway, nothing like the four-arms-per-wheel stuff on the B5/C5

unless you are poorer than poor, look for something newer, unless, as has been stated, you learn to wrench.

where do i start learning to wrench?

Buy an older car and maintain it, they're generally simpler and much easier to work on than modern cars.

The bushing wear out faster because of the added load on the front though. E39 is also known for suspension wear because of all the "light" aluminum alloy parts.

just buy a simple older car; a 90's honda, or an even older diesel mercedes / vw. the internet can teach you all you need to know about the popular models (great support communities) and other than that all you need is tools, time and space