Veeky Forums I just found a 1985 Toyota AE86 GTS for sale and its 6000 dollars...

Veeky Forums I just found a 1985 Toyota AE86 GTS for sale and its 6000 dollars. Only problem is that it's in the Northwest Coast near Portland and I'm in South Dakota

Should I buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/ae86-gts-sale-trade/6461146991.html
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gts-ae86/6476000899.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/ae86-corolla-gts-hatch/6463524820.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

link it

>$6000 for a 30+ year old Corolla

No.

No I found it back off

If the chassis is still good and it hasn't been crashed, I say go for it. Just do your research on the car and get its VIN number.

Sure assuming its a real GTS and the body/chassis hasn't rusted away
Dont forget to check the engine too

but remember this car is not fast and you are only buying it for the memes

Is it possible to find one of these without a cracked or faded dash?

Look harder

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/ae86-gts-sale-trade/6461146991.html

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gts-ae86/6476000899.html

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/ae86-corolla-gts-hatch/6463524820.html

do it weeb

Who the fuck would pay more than 3k for this piece of shit?

Weebs are literally retarded,

Fuck off dakota fag us portlanders want cars too. You out of state fucks ruined our housing already don't touch our cars nigger.

Don't blame me for your housing crisis blame califags

Dumbass kys

It's not just califags shitskin cuck.

but the ae86 unironically has excellent weight distribution

>calling anyone a dumbass when you want to drive halfway across the country to buy a beaten down shitbox for six thousand United States dollars

Stop using words you don’t know the definition of

which word are you referring to?

Tell us all why a fucking car would ironically have good or bad weight distribution

in this age of ironic post irony I thought it was necessary to make it clear that I wasn't being ironic
I didn't mean to imply the car itself had ironic properties

>The AE86 has a large weakness is that the body is quite unstable and the weight distribution is quite bad, at 58/42. This means initiating braking drifts is very difficult and the car is prone to corner entry understeer. It also means the car can oversteer quite easily when opening the throttle out of corners, as the lightness of the ...
>inb4 quoting an anime wiki

>initiating braking drifts is very difficult
>oversteer quite easily when opening the throttle out of a corner
that's what sway drifts are for

understeer is preferable though. it is much easier to correct understeer than oversteer

But it's much more fun to correct oversteer than understeer.

For a beginner, the target market of the AE86 the understeer would be greatly appreciated when trying to corner.
If you want to oversteer from >It also means the car can oversteer quite easily when opening the throttle out of corners, as the lightness of the ...

How much is the tofu tax on that?

Go browse club4ag. Leave Veeky Forums if you want an actual answer. Yes, that could be a fair price. Yes, it's worth it even though it's slow. You have to be willing to spend money, learn to wrench a bit, and have a second car as your daily to get the most out of it.
t.ae86 owner

its a corolla

Buy it, slap a tofu delivery sticker on the side and sell it to an autist for double.

buy it, put an aftermarket tach on it and sell it for triple

Also some holes in the muffler for a sikk note