Say hello to the fastest car ever built

Say hello to the fastest car ever built.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M
youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0
youtube.com/watch?v=DWMPe3wF9jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=02nAH_oAjeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shit. Maybe not under its own power, but that is the fastest any car has ever gone.

Bullshit, all cars on earth are doing like 67,000mph relative to the sun

What an utter fucking madman.

How will Veeky Forums ever recover?

>Bullshit, all cars on earth are doing like 67,000mph relative to the sun
But the Tesla has been accellerated a fem km/s in a prograde vector, so it is faster.

>this meme

Can you not just step back and enjoy what we have? Consider it relative to Earth and enjoy.

You mean goodbye. We ain't getting that back.

I wouldn´t be sure about that, it is just in a eliptical helicentric orbit with the periapsis at earths orbit and the apoapsis at mars orbit.

So, Veeky Forums, have you bought your gen 1 roadster before the prices have literally skyrocketed?

>this
pic related

I wonder if it would still work or if they took out everything in it.

Took out everything most likely.

Its entire purpose is to be a test payload for a super-heavy rocket. It is fully equipped, moreover, the base it was attached to had tons of ballast in it.

>launching an electric elise into space
gay, why not a more generic shitbox like a crown vic? then i can tip my fedora and tell the ladies "no car has ever gone faster than this"

Can you imagine if all the money spent on this stunt had been spent teaching factory workers how to line up panels and perform QC inspections?

Live feed from Starman and his space car: youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

If you want to live the meme, listen to this song while watching it : youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

>Can you imagine if all the money spent on this stunt

Exacly the price of his own car.
The rocket couldn't have usefull payload because the risks of failure was to high (very first teste of the Falcon Heavy).

So Elon "Madman" Musk just sent his car to be launched into space because he could.

>tfw you will never have enough money to put your car into space just because you fucking can

why even live

Does the Falcon Heavy out-accelerate a Saturn V? Is the lunar rover the second fastest?

This guy Kerbals

>Imblyign it just wasn't for added exposure

If he really just wanted some dead weight there is shit like rocks, sand, soil and some other shit that you could get 20 tons of for real cheap

youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

Intelligent individual with foresight: lets send 2000lbs of potential future supplies like rope and water

Musk: nah man, my dick is small and i have something to prove

tesla's shit car has nothing on the lucid air with almost double the range capabilities completely user customization from cabin to be a track beast or luxo box

trully amazing
some years ago people would have call that pic photoshoped
elon is truly a mad man

>sending supplies to an inhabitable planet
clearly you aren't a intelligent man

it's good com operation and still a valid test you deuce
telsa live on hype ,water and ropes won't get anyone hyped

Where were you?

Fast and the furious tier brakes.

On my couch watching the live stream from start to finish, it was amazing

I think his thought was that in the future it will be habitable. So its better to send future proof supplies in the orbit of mars. Rather than cars.

Don't reply to Alphonse.

Mars is inhabitable and a waste of time due to the completely toxic environment and solar radiation.
nice argument

> because he could
If you need to borrow money to do something, you "can't".

Tesla moon rover when? Can it have a hellcat?

uninhabitable is the word you're looking for my man

point still stands

Elon Musk is a fucking traitor!
He has enabled the enemy!
We have sealed our own fate!

Not sure how well it will hold up in the vacuum of space between extreme heat and cold.

Saturn V with the lunar rover by Boeing and GM was faster, also operational

obsessed brainlet

Brilliant marketing stunt designed to garner tens of millions of free advertising, but he coulda did the same while furthering advancements in the colonization of Mars. Truly great ideas always serve 3 purposes, not 2.

>post will cause a trigger
thanks for proving my point that you are stupid

>spends every waking hour obsessing over big bad prezo

>ur stoopid!

Lel

>prezpoo baited 3 times in a row now

He could've spent the money making decent vehicles instead.

Also this

>not having using filters

>fastest car of all time
>got there with a combustion engine

EVs eternally BTFO

>hate the gay underaged nigger furposter
>also hate the shitposting prez/o/

>love when they fight with each other

can you both get cancer for me pls? :^)

>some alien is going to get a free roadster

>you will never be a spaceman, driving around the solar system in an open-top car for a billion years playing David Bowie off the radio and holding a copy of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a towel, and an archive disc containing the entire Foundation series by Issac Asimov in your glovebox

why is life so cruel

>This guy Kerbals
I have only a few hundred hours in KSP...
Yes.

>fastest car ever built
>yet roasties will still fuck a dude in a huracan over a soyboy with a tesla
crazy how tesla lacks sex appeal

>start a car company
>start a space company
>take your car and launch it into space just because you fucking can
Veeky Forumsur guy?

Does that car not come with front brakes?

they would have stripped a lot out of it
it costed nasa something like $5000 for the weight of a cheeseburger

No, because people actually like him, unlike us.

can't wait for the first reported death. It better be straight into a wall pedal to the floor.

Slower than a '60's GM.

>Aliens find the car
>They think that mankind is full of soyboys
>Laugh at our extinct civilisation

T-t-thanks Elon

You can see a tube going down, it was mated to the launch vehicle through suspension attachment points because they are supposed to bear weight already. The suspension is gutted, can't have wobbly things on launch, it wouldn't look good in space uncompressed, and shocks would go pop in vaccuum. Everything else is still there.

>sending junk into space
>range extender is not emissions free
>finally far enough away the panel gaps are no longer visible

The main booster failed to make it to recovery ship due to insufficient range. Hahahaha typical Tesla,

I can't believe we live in a world where this is real. What a wonderful timeline.

I wonder how quickly that paint would get bleached by the sun.

cool, reminds me of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0

wait they put the old roadster in? wat
free lotus ad

it’s absolutely hilarious that people who browse Veeky Forums provide business tips. go fucking make your own car company or rocket launch pad then you stupid fucks

At Canaveral, SpaceX uses NASA's old pads that were sitting around unused for their launches
t. Brevard county resident

It doesn't need brakes where it's going

see you space cowboy

>not even space is safe from advertisements now

i wanted one before they were cool :(

also good pun

Not under its own power. Sageworthy

/m/ has an entire thread of stuff like this

Nah once you're launching a rocket every extra pound within the total payload limit costs nothing extra ontop. You could send 20 pounds of dirt or 20 tons of dirt up in a Falcon Heavy, and the only difference is the cost of the dirt. This changes ofc when you toss in multiple satellites per launch where the more you can fit the lower the cost for everyone involved is.

Nope this has significantly more speed to it.

So lotus has built the fastest ICE car and the fastest rocket powered car. Thats a huge accomplishment for a small manufacturer like them

fuck i wish this was in 3440x1440

Required dead dinos

This will be the only roadster to make it to a million miles, or 100,000 for that matter

And land it on the planet how? it's not as easy as just launching it in the direction of where the planet will be.

lower the water down with rope

fuckin ay you're the best

you know, i don't like tesla, but this is fucking hilarious. what a madman.

No problem user. There's a whole thread for those kind of requests on /wg/ if you ever need some other wallpaper or wallpaper accessories.

>tfw GTA predicted the future
The rocket is not quite as big on this one, but still.

lol I bet the stereo has a Stevie Nix CD in it too

>triggered alphonse AGAIN

Great work as always prezo.

Let’s send your 2000lb mom instead

What a reddity post.

Say hello to the most expensive car ever built.

>Loss of $675.4m announced day after Musk’s car sent into space in test of SpaceX rocket

All according to plan. Next year will be worse.

The Bowie nod to putting Space Oddity loop is nice, but if we're talking about sending a fucking sports car into space it should've had songs from Heavy Metal
youtube.com/watch?v=DWMPe3wF9jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=02nAH_oAjeg

Downloading this movie now. What am I in for?