/ggg/- Guilty Gear General

Previous thread: Best Valentine edition

Beginner's guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, announce region, platform, and how long you plan on playing for.

Report and ignore shitposting.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13715492
docs.google.com/document/d/17F30d6lW7IXFTgaFTR9Rb9DDC8fYCC9pzeNdrn3H3KY/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1zRrZfcga-ZrCacxc2LBVuDWQl6FtGFyU1GX1rfiUeQk/edit
strawpoll.me/13716294
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I raven.

FIRST FOR JACKO

strawpoll.me/13715492
Just want to know what most of us are playing since it's common that beginners asks.

Reminder to always get a good rest. Sleep is important!

Any pirates wanna play some games?

Learn the two bnbs everyone uses, throw the buzzsaw when someone falls down, throw projectiles when you aren't doing the other stuff. Congrats, you can raven.

I'm still a beginner.

Give me your steam id and I'll add u

You should make separate ones for at least EU and US. From what I've gathered EU is mostly PC while US is mostly PSN.

Same.
Id/aa123159

>psn

Why tho? You need to pay to play online. Isn't it cheaper to buy the pc version?

I have a toaster so I have it on PS3.

Yeah, but PSN has the larger playerbase in the US and Japan. I actually double dipped and picked up a pristine PS4 copy for like $15 from a shitter that didn't like the game.

because the player base has always been and always will be on PSN. I mean people still get the PC version but it will always be more popular on PSN. Also the PC version has never been cheaper over the PSN version, literally every version has been on sale for $20 or less and I can't say the same at all for PC who always gets ripped off when it comes to anime games. also PS3 is free online and has cross play so no reason not to pick it up

I play other games on PS4 as well and don't have a gaming pc

Ask the Americans, I'm off to bed.

I never understood why they cling so hard those relics called consoles. Sony has been nothing but a blight on tournaments.

>why would anyone play a competitive game on the system that it comes out first on

fucking lmao dumb ass europeon

I really wanna double dip just for a physical copy and easily bring it over to play at my brother's place. Still only can play P4AU or BBCP on his ps3

I'm not seeing you import arcade machines for EVO.

>blight on tournaments
What did he mean by this?

Not that guy but I picked up this game on the PC instead of the PS3 because I want to downgrade it one day so that I'll be able to hack it. I've heard hackef PS3 have a chance of getting banned even with plugins and stuff to avoid it.

Also I live in the EU which seems to have the biggest PC playerbase so it's ok.

GG to everyone in the ps4 lobby, had fun getting bodied. Oh and Answer I still don't know what to do about you lol

Still a midwest pc lobby up if anyone is down.
mbkc

>US is mostly PSN.
every thread people tell you it's not the case. tons of people are us pc

From what I understand, at least in the US. The PC version has better netcode while the PS4 version has more numbers in the player base. Although both depend on when you're playing and who your connecting to. For example I'm in the US East Coast and I can connect to a friend in Italy and Denmark with an average frame delay of about 4 to 6 frames. Source: I've been double dipping since Sign. I had no idea there would be a PC port and I actually bought a PS4 just because of Xrd Sign. I'm primarily on PC.

GGs to the PSN lobby and everyone who came through to play games/spectate! it was super fun all around

>tfw picked my my 5 min zato to mash just because apparently it's a bad matchup for pot

I wish I had the defense, patience and fundaroonies to deal with a solid pot. Scary stuff man, felt helpless pretty often.

27th for best girl

>paying 60 dolars per year to play online.

literally why.

why the actual fuck is the ps version more popular when sony jews so hard for that paid internet service?

Thx to all in the last PSN lobby, my potemkin dont play normal, I only do things improvised, in my mind I only think of continuing to attack and do not stop moving forward

I such veteran scrub

Should I make a new PSN room?

I needed something that played KoFXIV.

>PCucks literally seething at paying $5 a month
>forgets you don't even need to pay shit on PS3 and it's got cross play with PS4
>also has a bigger playerbase

go cry and discord beg about it kid. If you cared about fighting games you'd already own a console so I don't know what point you're even trying to make outside of the fact that you're broke/cheap/jewish.

Fuck it, PSN room, ID is q2t1. Can get a decent connection with either coast. Planning to be on for a couple of hours, but if no one joins, I'll be in the world lobby.

>broke

Its just that paying yearly for an online seems worse than not paying at all. And if you cared about games in general you should own a PC that or you are poor.

docs.google.com/document/d/17F30d6lW7IXFTgaFTR9Rb9DDC8fYCC9pzeNdrn3H3KY/view
Is there something like for Slayer? His resource channel on Discord is open discussion so resources like this got buried behind a lot of posts.

I bet you're that shitposter from all the previous threads, go away, you're clearly trying to divide the general in groups to try to start some console war, it's obvious, nobody ever complained about what system other people chose to play on.

Seriously, go away, play some videogames instead trying to start shit here.

docs.google.com/document/d/1zRrZfcga-ZrCacxc2LBVuDWQl6FtGFyU1GX1rfiUeQk/edit

daymendou put together a bunch of notes and such. haven't used it much yet, but I'm sure there is good stuff in there.

>And if you cared about games in general

lol

Slayer literally has like, a bible about him written by Daymendou. Go check reddit

Look for a used one. I've seen them as low as like 25 on amazon.

>Never fought a Baiken
>People keep saying shes low-tier
>Proceed to get bodied for free for the next few hours by a Baiken player
>neat.jpg

I fucking love this game.

tfw figured out how to 6K > Hammerbreak but can't pull it off in the 7f delay in the average game

scrub

that is correct, yes

>>People keep saying shes low-tier
everyone crying about x character being low tier is a glorified shitter. Everyone in GG can put in work, literally everyone.
like how people cry about Jam being bad when she's making top 8 at stacked majors, or when the entire US scene all said bedman was low tier until the JP players started memeing with him. GG tier whores are massive fraud crybabies who you shouldn't take very seriously.

Baiken has great air normals and her mats are unga as fuck.

Is there a late-night East Coast PC Lobby up right now? I'm too lazy to dig through the previous thread and check. If not I'll consider starting one.

>Jam mirrors
>screeching Chinese ladies
Good shit right there. Also funny that we use the same color.

Got done playing on US West, connection I had was solid and I'm in FL:

>unironically playing in 7f delay

nigga what the FUCK is your problem

I'm tempted to switch colors because of how often it gets taken.

If you hear it, you lose.

COCONUT...

Some retard joined my lobby with either a 2 or 3 bar connection. We get in and the delay is 8f on PC. I quit out and the guy thought it was normal to be 8f or 10f. He then said his computer plays more demanding games so it's not his computer at fault. lmao

It's hard to find any games below 7f, because west coast Canadian ISPs are garbage. I have to take what I can get.

It's the best color.

>tfw Canadian
>tfw no local scene in my area
>tfw have to play online but the connection is always shit

Where are my Leaf bros at?

>he can't play layer in >10 frames of delay
get a load of this scrub

Canada has an offline scene because they always have GG tournies at Canada Cup. You guys should try and find out where it is because delay GG sucks and is not fun.

fucking lmao. I wish they'd fix the connection display. sometimes people show up as 0bar red connections and when we get in game it levels out to 4f.

I lost

where in canada are you? if you are in the toronto area people are trying really hard right now to get stuff more off the ground than it is, and im pretty vancouver has a pretty nice scene

kid, don't make me bring out my 10f delay Raven/Zato.

I'm in Ontario, but I live half way between Toronto and Ottawa and don't own a car. Even if I did, Ottawa is closer and is still almost a 2 hour drive.

There's a fighting game community at the local University, but they only play Smash and Jive.

>I wish they'd fix the connection display.
I do too. There are definitely people that will say it's 4f but really feels more around 6f and periodically it'll actually be 6f during games. I'm not sure what criteria it uses either in lobbies when you set a minimum, because I've had 0 bars in my game when I restricted to 1 or 2.

I'll leave you two Jams to yourselves, you noisy cunts, fun games though, always like the Jam/Chipp matchup

>going to the university of kekistan

GGs my dude.

So I assume most people here play Jam, Baiken or Ramlethal

Is there any GG local here in Miami?

I can't find anything online.

I play Sol

check facebook

>Smash and Jive
a lot of smash players end up liking GG because of the movement options and it doesn't hurt trying to get SF players to try something different. You only have yourself to blame for not bringing a setup and encouraging people to play GG. I guarantee that you'll find people willing to play if you just showed up and started playing.

I play Elphelt and Sin

damn thats actually a really unfortunate spot to be in, since im pretty sure theres nothing between toronto or ottawa for gg. at least canada cup isnt too bad to get to since its a major and in toronto. i cant help but i wish you luck if you ever try to start something in your area!

representing slayer
But I am learning Baiken on the side, and then after a month probably learn some sol, and move on from there.

I suppose you're right. When September hits and school starts back up I might try lugging my PC down to campus.

Since we're talking locals, any in Los Angeles?

I play Hakumen

Wait

LA is a big place dude, where are you talking about?
Pubfights at UCI
WNF
at this dudes house who i can't remember right now
they have +r locals in burbank

go join the SoCal guilty gear group on Facebook.

Checked facebook, at least I found a fighting game group that posts tournaments in arcade odyssey.

I guess thats pretty good for a niche game.

Somewhere near San Gabriel is preferred. I'll try that Facebook, thanks.

I play Potemkin

How do I deal with Elphelt as Potemkin?

any guilty gear locals in sacramento?

I dream of the day where I don't drop carded gekirin in to Bao Saishinshou

I think your best bet for good competition/largest pool size is WNF. I go pretty often and they have GG setups usually every week, but call before you go just to be sure.

Yeah, facebook great for finding locals. And like I said to the Canadian dude: even if people aren't actively playing GG, don't let that stop you from bringing your own GG setup and asking people if they want to play/just chillin by yourself. I guarantee someone will come up and ask for some sets. fighting game players will usually play anything under the sun as long as they have someone else to play offline with them. Good luck dude!

NorCal has the dogfights anime sessions but its in Belmont iirc. I'm sure you can find something closer if you ask some of the other anime players in the NorCal scene.

Is it really THAT hard?

strawpoll.me/13716294

Character strawpoll so we can tally up people's mains.

No, I just panic during actual matches.

That goes away after a while.

Man I will be checking that facebook group every single day. I'm so exited to play in a fighting game tournment. I've always wanted to try it because it seems fun

All this Answer experience.

Also, closing up in about half an hour

I think we can make a GG joke out of that webm but I'm having trouble making it

>"I want bridget back as dlc!"

what happens?

>POTEMKIN BUSTAH.webm

He's gonna be ripped.

No longer a cute boy. But a cute man.
Basically Ky wearing a nun outfit.

We get Bridget back as DLC and no one buys him because the people that were asking for him don't play the game, like the people that were asking for Baiken.

Bridget is grown up with muscles and a beard.
Baiken the second most played character in the arcades.

it's really fun, I remember playing in a tournament for the first time, my nerves were through the roof and even though I went 0-2 I still had a lot of fun. The best part though is just playing offline and getting to grind out sets with people and really learn how matchups are supposed to be played. It's great and once you get used to good offline play, you'll wonder how you ever managed to play online with 5f delay.

will we ever even get bridget when him and testament were turned into Bedman/Ramlethal.

I want Kliff, Aba, Anji and maybe Zappa

>Baiken the second most played character in the arcades.
This actually surprises me considering how almost every character in the game can push her shit in.

Alright that's pretty good