/fg/ - Falcom General #48

Previous thread: Yummy bread edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Calvard when?

come on dude

Oh, weird.

Yeah my bad, i removed the first one but not the second.

Trailer never ever

Laura is stupid.

what the fuck

Rean Coldsteel

>trails of cold steel is just Persona 3.5 high school dungeon crawl social link simulator
I'm so disappointed, I was expecting another Trails in the Sky

Hardly. Unlike the protagonist from Persona, Rean has a personality of his own.

I really don't know why Rean can't romance Elise when Joshua and Estelle were also made by Falcom.

Let's get the usual shitposts out of the way:
>NISA is gonna steal Kiseki
>Rean fucking sucks
>Cold Steel fucking sucks
>Crossbell fucking sucks
>Cold Steel 3 never ever
>Crossbell never ever
>XSeed can do no right
>XSeed can do no wrong

hey, be nice.
rean 2.0: the leaner, meaner rean machine

because she's gay
Alfin is her girlfriend

Because then you'd have to listen to Elise's shitty voice for far longer than anyone should have to.

We still don't know what that power of his is. All we've gotten so far is a suggestion that he may be "mixed" with something

>We want to appeal to a broader audience

Elise is part of the reason why Rean is such a self loathing fuck in the first place.

After playing all of the localized games in a row and Zero over the year I can safely say that:
Kevin > Lloyd >= Rean (both are pretty neutral in lots of ways, a product of their time really) >>>>>> Joshua.
I was happy Estelle took the lead in SC but every second Joshua was on screen I wanted to tear my eyes out. You guys complain about Rean coldsteel but supreme edgelord Joshua, especially in SC, made Shrek Rean look like a altar boy by comparison.

Maybe in Cold Steel 3.

>Damage controlling Reanfag
Rean sucks, his emo makes no sense, Joshua had the better game and reasoning for his issues etc. Check the archive, your kind has been BTFO many times before.

Kevin was more of an edgelord than Joshua and you put him first, try harder.

The worst part is since he can romance Fie and millium we know that age isn't an issue here.

"I will use every technique I've learned to fear you apart" and "I've flipped a switch" were literally navy seal copy pasta tier.
>Reanfag
My favorite game is Zero and then Sky and then Cold Steel
Joshua is an awful character and the worst male lead in the series.
But I'm partial towards clergymen that aren't portrayed as corrupt lunatics.

It's all about their reasons for being edgelords. Joshua and Kevin had a backstory that justified it. Rean doesn't.

>implying edge is the problem
Rean angsts too much for too little reason, turns everyone into his accessory, has super special powers and robots and dating sim choices and yet he's still too generic so he can't properly carry the game like they are setting him to. Besides I always complain about Joshua. He was always the smartest and the strongest and so handsome and blah blah in FC. Sure they gave me a good reason at the end of FC but I still had to spent all those shitty hours with him. In SC he went full edge but he mostly did it far away from me so it was fine. And once Estelle healed him he even became fun.

>My favorite game is Zero and then Sky and then Cold Steel
That's exactly what a Reanfag running damage control would say.

I wouldn't call Rean edgy at all. He's a dork with low self-esteem who happens to have a chuuni power.

Rean is way too fucking nice to people to be an edgelord, he's not even faking it like Joshua or kevin for most of the games. He just has horrible self esteem issues.

So a Reanfag would put Rean as the second worst protagonist?

Rean just suffers from adopted child syndrome. I've seen countless people in fiction and on tv whine about how awkward they feel even they their adopted family loves them.

It's to try and blend in with the rest of us.

You keep saying damage control like we had any part in the games creation. Some people just have different tastes.

Rean's got plenty of flaws, but being edgy ain't one of them. He gets emo sometimes, yeah, but to be frank I think I'd be a bit fucked up too knowing that there was some sort of weird, body-overtaking power dormant in me that no one knows jack shit about.

I'm not running damage control, I just really hate Joshua.

>CS3 will have the largest list of playable characters in the series outside of Akatsuki

good, I love having options.

How many are there?
3rd had 16 permanent members.

>Rean protects Elise from a monster and gets adopted into a loving family
>Waaah waaah, muh power, muh self image
Countless other Kiseki characters have been through worse and didn't come out as angsty as Rean, they should've made him actually kill someone like Kevin did because his angst doesn't make sense.

The safest assumption would be everyone from CS2 + Lloyd, Rixia, Randy, Tio, Tita, Agate, Nu Class VII

mental illness doesn't have to make "sense" for it to have genuine effects on a person ya dingus

You guys can keep denying it without arguments but the similarity is obvious even if it's mostly in a superficial level because they really wanted to attract a new audience.

>A character is only as good as how tragic his horrible backstory is.
People deal with things differently.

It would be safer to assume all but the new class and maybe one or two others will just be guests with limited availability.

Rean was already adopted by that point

FALCOM GIVE ME THE FUCKING TRAILER SO I CAN LEAVE THIS GENERAL

SSS, Tita and Agate might be guests but they're not going to pass up old class vii for the last game of their series.

We're definitely going to be on par with 3rd come CS3 if not a little higher.

Except class vii's stories requiring Rean's presence are mostly done apart from speculation about giant robots that probably won't happen if we already know the party giant robots are going to work with interchangeable pilots.

They didn't drop most of the Liberl cast after SC even though their plot arcs were pretty much done then and they're not about to do it now with CS.

Most of the Liberal cast was either there for a reason in sc (bracers, direct military intervention etc) or pulled through magic doors into another dimension. This would be a bunch of young professionals, including the active ruler of a big chunk of the country, riding around in a school train. It's harder to justify.

It's really not hard to believe Olivert would do that.

If Sept-Terrions are involved, there's no justification needed.

We like to call it Shrek mode.

Olivert is more competent than the kids. It might work if he wrote them all notes to get out of their regular duties. I can't see them doing it themselves. The way they show the old classmates turning up in isolation and in different towns could mean you meet one or two different ones in each chapter and they help out there.

It would be very unhealthy for the both of them mentally.

It would also cause even more fucking problems for the Schwartzer's if their adopted non noble son married their blood daughter and became lord of Ymir with her as the lady of it.

It would such a clusterfuck it would make them the laughing stock of the nobility. Rean feels bad enough about hurting Teo's status as it is.

>That line spacing

This meme legitimately needs to stop. People spaced like that since the sites inception

They mostly need Rean's precence because he's the focus character and we typically won't see a story at all if he isn't there.

Usually. There does seem to be a section or two where New Class 7 splits up and we see the other group minus Rean.

Though considering some of old Class 7 don't need to be there at all (like Eliot or Machias) but are, and new Class 7 is going to be likely just as helpless against Oroborous as the original was when they were school kids, Rean will need the back up.

The only members of old class vii that took up jobs that would require them to be excused from are Alisa, Machias and Jusis. They're also more than capable of writing a I need to be elsewhere for x reason note.

While they probably won't be riding around on the train the whole game (although some of them apparantly are, given that we see screenshots of them hanging around the train and school) when shit goes down in the end they're gonna need all hands on deck.

*tips hat*

Thank you for the assist my fellow Re-

I-I mean my fellow 4channer.

who the fuck cares dipshit, it's like 25px of screen space

Fuck off dude

You and your fucking meme are pure cancer

Are you fucking 12?

>how to spot a newfag

You have an 8 man party so whoever these last two regular characters are must be a big surprise since they aren't on the cover.

>calling out newfag

The real sign of a newfag...

Crow and Loli.

*blocks your path*

Time for headpats

>you will never have a threesome with Alisa and Fie

Maybe they already wrote the lyrics ever since they designed Proto-Alisa.

Fie's too pure for threesomes. Besides, she belongs with Elliot.

After ragequitting and eventually giving it another attempt before I went to bed, I easily beat it on my first try.
The problem was that I assumed that you could beat it through strategy or smart play.
What you're ACTUALLY supposed to do is go grind at the old school house for an hour then crush them all with your overleveled mecha dick.

Are Valimar's stats even effected by Rean's level?

Cause I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works in CS2.

2 is different.

I beat him in level 66. After knowing which part to hit, it will only took maybe 10-15 minutes to finish.

They are. You can upgrade it using orb though.

Definitely. When I was level 63 an unbuffed attack hit for 1k. When I was level 68 a valimar normal attack hit for 5k unbuffed.

>level 63
Does the game end soon, or did you skip fights? Because I'm up to Vulcan and my guys are level 61

He's underleveled, but game is mostly done.

There's alot of story stuff to come, but gameplay wise there's only one more dungeon left.

so im playing the japanese version of zero evo using the sheet i know a bit of japanese but im still lost in chapter 2 evo only quest. did anyone clear it? i got all the items and the 2 fish but even when im back and show them to oscar (or the tsun girl) nothing happens

while playing FC and SC i felt like estelle was the lead and he is just backing her
also im a weirdo who likes joshua more than estelle

You need to grind heavily if you want to go above 70.

I'm hoping the lack of fancy anime cutscenes and non full voice acting means that once the climax happens you can bring anyone you want for the finale, even if it's a nonsensical combination like 3 members of new Class 7, 3 members of old Class 7 and Randy.

Did you double check the name and number of the items?

>i felt like estelle was the lead and he is just backing her
That's because it's true.

I'm in the intermission, what do I need to cook to get cat food, again?

>Finish Ao
>Go back and replay Divertissement
>Actually understand who the fuck Lloyd is talking about now

Now I feel like I need to go back and replay CS1 and CS2, just to get all the references to Crossbell in it.

It's one of cooking failure result so save and reload if you don't have many ingredients since there's no shops there.

So Shrek Rean gets an evil aura effect added to his s craft, but only in CS1 not 2, despite it only activating briefly twice.

I never noticed this before.

wait which part specifically are you talking you?

Like it modifies the s-craft dmg/stats, or it just looks different?

maybe because he accepts it in cs2 so it becomes apart of him, rather than some dark secret he hold down

Considering literally everything else is just name dropping, you are probably wasting your time.

Rean was different than the other students at Thors academy. He was born with a special power that made him stronger than the other students...

If I actually do play the game this time, I'll do that.

How the fuck can anyone hate Joshua? He plays the inoffensive straightman for Estelle, gets like 2 edgy moments in FC, then fucks off for the majority of SC until he comes back and isn't edgy at all afterward.

Joshua is fine. Quit trying to shit on him to try and make Rean not look like a turd.