Is there a wheel manufacturer tier list somewhere? All I ever hear about is Volk Enkei and Rays

Is there a wheel manufacturer tier list somewhere? All I ever hear about is Volk Enkei and Rays.
What wheels r gud basically

Work wheels are the best

FPBP!

Welds
Ccws

Everyone else

Literally no taste. Not bad taste, just taste 404 not found.

oem is best

hre

Sparco

this

No

yes.

No

If you're gay maybe. I for one rather have lighter than stock wheels that look better, too

>cherry picking the worst looking oem wheels
555-Come-On-Now

If you are getting anything other than Forgeline GA1-R in 2018 you are straight poverty tier.

>cherry picking the best looking oem wheels
woN-nO-emoC-555

you're not a good enough driver to notice the difference in wheel weight.

Nice projecting, sperg more

Rotas are good

Basset for life

because I forgot the picture

HRE wheels kick ass.

Do you car guys get decent oem wheels? In bike land only HYPER MEGA LIMITED EDITION of SUPAHH SPORT MOTOGP REPLICA ISLE OF MAN WINNING BIKE actually gets good wheels. Most are given cast wheels. I recently upgraded the wheels on my bike from heavy ass wheels to decent ones. Cost me 700 euros for the 2 (1 year old wheels off a superbike) and had them analyzed for cracks and shit with an ultrasound or whatevs. The stock ones were 13.7 kg in total vs these, 7.6 kg. Literally cheap and significant (unsprung) weight reduction

My AP2V1s are decent at 18ish lbs

Generally yes.

OEM wheels are literally designed to fit the car they are on. Disregarding some 90s and modern wheels that is.

Miatas have pretty light OEM wheels to begin with.

Most fags upsize their aftermarket wheels anyway, which throws the weight saving factor out of the window anyway.

The official wheel design of November 20 to March 12.

I assume the weight of the wheels will have a bigger impact on a bike than a car.

Well of course because they make up a relatively larger percentage of the vehicle’s mass than a car

High test jap wheels

BBS of course, most aftermarket brands are more or less replicas of an original BBS design

no matter how hard others try, bbs and rays will be always kangs

He's right though, your butt dyno placebo is bullshit.

You guys do realize that car companies go to aftermarket companies so they manufacture their wheels for them like BBS and the gt350r carbon fiber wheels so aftermarket is better

Okay how about this;

Are there any wheel brands that you would 100% NEVER EVER buy from? Whose quality is so suspect you think they should be illegal to drive on?

Dayton

You've never driven a Miata. You could tell the difference with just 2-3 pounds of wheel difference. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a bus pass.

And if you can't tell, you're not driving like you should be anyways

949racing, advanti, enkei, all have better looking than stock wheels that are lighter. Stick to benchracing

>bothering with after market wheels
>for a fucking miater
nice overcompensation, dicklet

>Gets told
>Starts to ad hominem

Here, have another meltdown

arent these nippon stronks arm and leg expensive?

Rota.

It's less about manufacturers and more about manufacturing processes. Flow formed will be better than anything pressure cast, and pressure cast will be better than anything gravity cast. Generally. Regardless of company. Even BBS has put out lots of shitty, heavy wheels.

Volk is a kind of RAYS wheel.

Rays makes Volk wheels, and also Gramlight wheels. Volks are made via superior forging processes. Gramlights are made via inferior casting processes.

on your bus yeah it doesnt matter.
On my featherweight every gram counts.

The only Rotas I would dare buy are Grids, they didn't crack or bend after 3 years of awful pothole filled roads of new jersey in a 3200 pound impreza.

They are all good enough for street use

I have CCW classics my corvette and some cheap ass wheels on my supra

MF10s fukking never

enkei, oz, panasport, bbs, ssr, watanabe, work

if your wheel isn't from these companies, or isn't forged then your wheel is shit

>On my featherweight every gram counts.
Thats why you exercise rigorously to make sure you dont carry around an extra burger on your gut?

>americans

>enkei, oz, panasport, bbs, ssr, watanabe, work
You forgot Rota, dimwit...

>Rota grid confirmed for best wheel

Most forged wheels are good. Almost done swapping my E30 to 5 lug, going to replace these OZ wheels with a nice set of BBS weaves

>panasport, bbs, ssr, watanabe,
kys

TSW, BBS, Watanabe, König, Enkei, OZ, Volk

>Campagnolo

>Speedline

>Borrani

>Dunlop

>Ronal

For the price, I really like Forgestar wheels. They shave a lot of weight and are plenty sturdy for shitty IL roads.

I have always liked Work, Vossen, BBS, Volk, Rays, and other nicer forged brands but I can't really afford a set yet. I need to stop buying guns and computer parts.

The weight of motorcycles can be reduced laughably fast. The bike I mentioned is 200kg out of the factory. It's a dorsoduro 750 with noice hp and torks. The wheels I already mentioned. The oem battery is close to 7 kg, versus 1.1kg for a lithium one. The subframe from the 750 is steel vs aliminium from a 1200. Bolts straight on. Add a SS exhaust and decat and a couple of simple mods and suddenly its down to 170 ish. Some people have reduced this bike's weight to 139kg. If only weight reduction was this easy on my car bruh

F U C H S
U
C
H
S

>using literal belts to hold your body panels on
the era of man men

You do know that OEM wheels are 3x stronger than their aftermarket counterparts because of safety regulations.

non-oem manufacturers need to fulfill these requirements too you fucking retard, unless it's some chinese company like japan racing

i run 26yo RAYSxBRIDGESTONE collab forged wheels, 18x8.5 et18, each one is 22lbs, bretty gud for a 26yo wheels, i find rays volks being godtier, than comes usual rays and all the other stuff like tanabe ssr, works etc

I'm looking for lighter wheels for my Mustang GT as well.
Stock wheels are 27 lbs, and there are only two lightweight brands on TireRack The Enkei's are way expensive so has anyone tried Motegi brand wheels? They're only 18 lbs for stock size which would be great if they're quality.

Isn't the whole point of rotas to look nice and be affordable for weak cars like civics or miatas

Is Motegi good?

you got a source for that?

Nice lad, I've got OZ Schnitzer's on my 5-stud conversion, had BBS LM and BBS RC's in the past too.

enkie is bretty good but everyone goes rpf1

rc-t4 for special snowflakes

they're nice rims though

wow what's the name of those sexy wheels?

Rays RB71

>worst
Eh, both of those are decent. Miles better than any of the half-BLACKED rims popular on cars today.

Rotas for life

About to cop 15x8 advanti storm s1 for my miata. How did I do?
>11 pounds
>Sexy
>Cheap but dependable

Questions that need answers

Rota, XXR, Cosmis etc

kill yourself poorfaggot

TE37s

I'm not interested in spending like $700 per wheel. I asked about Motegi specifically because they're lightweight and rated well on TireRack.

Rotas arent made in China anymore, 5/10 still tho

Ehh, I'm on the fence between those and chrome 90s wheels.

i love simplicity of these wheels damn they look good with every car

this nigga got dolphin teeth

I have enkei J10 I dun gud?

They look out of place in a volvo but at least you didn't upsize

6/10

i car was black it would look 10/10 doobeehonest
great wheels tho, how well do they drive

Of course there's better wheels, dork, in what financial blunder would mazda send out their hairdresser car with flow forged racing wheels in the early 90's?

Heres a really bad pic up close I now have cleaned caliper and brembo rotor.

They do look out of place desu. I actually downsized tires and wheels. My cars lowered 1.6" though 17x7 wouldnt fit anymore. They look better IRL from the side.

It looks good on platinum ones. Theyre great ive had about a year and have hit some nasty holes and bumps at high speed and theyve held up. My old tires were complete trash goodyear all seasons 215/55s changed to 205/45 indy 500 wideovals at the same time as wheels to prevent rub after lowering. Together it was like night and day completely changed the car. After I burn these out im going to get star specs which was my original intention but I got these $240 for the set new and couldnt pass up.

Rays and BBS are top tier as they’re the only manufacturers that can produce monobloc forged wheels. BBS uses an 8,000 ton press for this, I assume Rays has similar hardware.

Eh, what's wrong with xxr? Genuinely curious, cause my brother has em and I was planning on getting them as well

spraypainting your plastic back to black/dark grey would make your car look 10x better

Please read the thread before replying, thanks.

There are two types of wheels - forged wheels for motorsports, and everything else

If you don’t care about getting the lightest wheel and so paying thousands for a set of forged wheels, get what you want. There wont be much of a difference amongst everything else. Get what you like

Ah okay. My OEM wheels weigh quite a bit for their size (16), so weight isn't a problem for me. I only drive a Civic, so losing 20lbs doesn't matter.

Thanks user

This

20lbs overall or 20lbs each wheel? any reduction on rotational mass helps.