Why didnt GM import the maloo to USA

Why didnt the cucks at GM import it. It would have sold very well in US of A and saved holden

Other urls found in this thread:

lefthandutes.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=vmpCWEAapQY
autoscout24.ch/de/d/holden-pick-up-occasion?allmakes=1&index=0&st=2&typename=holden&vehid=5225961&vehtyp=10&returnurl=/de/autos/alle-marken?allmakes=1&st=2&typename=holden&vehtyp=10&r=5
youtu.be/5FEW5mh7iAI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ute
>save Holden

No one in America wants an ute.

That's your own shitty opinion pooftah

the maloo is to holden what the lfa is to lexus.

Been there done that with the ElCamino and Ranchero. People here have no use for those things. They'll buy a quick sedan or a quick pickup truck not a horrible compromise of the two. These would be useless in winter even with snow tires and weight in the bed.

They seemed to be real close to making that happen at one point but then they shut down Pontiac and scrapped the idea.

The only large market of people who want a Ute are rednecks, and that market doesn't have enough money on the whole to make bringing it over worth it and the few outliers that either aren't in that demographic or are in it and have the money don't tip the scales.

Chicken Tax
Emissions regulations

>It would have sold very well in the US of A
Would it really though? Highly paid marketing strategists at GM didn't seem to think so and they went to school for that shit. Im sure people would have bought it but for what it would have cost to produce and ship to the US it probably wasn't worth the trouble if I had to guess.

>maloo
yeah because Americans were going to pay 80-150k for a ute...
Americans complain about paying 50k for an SS so in what world do you think the maloo would have sold there?

Do Aussies really pay that fucking much for those things? Fuck me that's like a Corvette AND a small truck here.

Thank fuck, look at how ugly they made it

A GTS-R Maloo cost 90-110k, a regualar maloo cost 70-80k and an SS commodore ute cost about 40-50k.
A maloo is a HSV and has thousands of dollars in added features mostly toward performance and handling.

Depends. Remember the AUD is only worth 0.79USD, so 90,000AUD is ~70,000USD

A same year VF SS commodore for comparison, they don't even have the same body kits.

That looks so much nicer than

That's still like $110k maplebucks which is a retarded as fuck amount to spend on a mutated truck. You could literally just a buy a Corvette and a nice truck instead of a retarded combination of the two.

People in North america are not dumb enough to spend that much on something like that.

How does the car deal with jizz stains?

People would buy a Monaro if they kept making them, but the ute is the only 2 door sports car that was made in Australia. Remember that cost of living here is much higher too, and the prices on HSVs have gone up since they're not made anymore.
It's basically "I know what I got" from now on when you try to buy a high end commodore.

Exactly, which is why i have never understood why Americans say they want the maloo thinking it is the only ute we have or something.
Maloos and pretty much any HSV ever made have always been toys for cashed up bogans and always will be.

hes right, lots of people say they want one, but nobody would buy one. theres no market in the USA for a sports car-truck that is a very impractical in both being a car and a truck. they are cool tho

lefthandutes.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=vmpCWEAapQY

they do the 2005-2017 commodores

Maloos are fucking gay. They appeal to fifos and bikies who beat women. vt-vx were okay because you could actually use them to haul shit as well as being performers/aesthetic but current ve onwards is fucking gay so yeah perfect for Americans

Yeah the only ute with 50/50 weight distribution is trash...

>that you can’t use as a Ute because muh body work

Okay senpai

why can't you use them as a ute?
with stiffer rear suspension they can haul well over a tonne, my brothers VE is rated to haul 1250kg with the heavy duty rear springs and shocks..
that is more than my ford can haul on leaf springs.

Rated doesn’t mean it gets use. Maybe for a JetSki or trailer but be real, this is a pretty boy car. You can haul with a gts 357 and not look gay

SS=SRT8
Maloo=Hellcat

you can also buy base model v6 utes for like 30k (20 something USD)

wanted to make an american comparison for those in here who think all utes are $100k

Holden has...had been dying since the 80s user, only so much gov handouts could support them.

Based vt-vz

>itt; the leaf is too backwards retarded to realise different global markets with varying populations are priced differently
No wonder everyone thinks you cunts are "SLOOOOW EEHH?"

How big of a payload do you think the performance VU-VX utes had exactly?
>thinks there's such a thing as a VT ute
You're just as much if a sped as the Canuck.

>It would have sold very well in US of A and saved holden

Dream on, kid

GM's Aussie cars have never done well stateside, even though there's nothing particularly wrong with them. Otherwise, the GTO wouldn't have been a sales flop and Pontiac might have been able to stay alive by rebadging Holden V8s (in fact, the Pontiac G8 GXP eventually got a successor car in the form of the Chevrolet SS, which lasted for about 3-4 years before the Holden factory in Australia was shut down).

You price a camaro/corvette and a burger truck in Australia and see the numbers you end up with.

Should I get one?
autoscout24.ch/de/d/holden-pick-up-occasion?allmakes=1&index=0&st=2&typename=holden&vehid=5225961&vehtyp=10&returnurl=/de/autos/alle-marken?allmakes=1&st=2&typename=holden&vehtyp=10&r=5

This. It would've been considered a car, not a truck, so it'd have to adhere to the much stricter car emission regulations.

Cunt I use the tray on mine constantly. Ive had Mabey a total of three times where back seats would have been handy but, in general, the tray is way more useful for me.

So it's my fault that you live in the asshole of the earth?

>So it's my fault
Who said that, strawman?

No. I'm saying that you need to consider that other regions have different markets.

It's stupid spending that much on a bad combination of things in any market.

Don't respond to the retard.
youtu.be/5FEW5mh7iAI

>saved holden
Holden was doomed the moment that you guys decided not to renew your tax credits for manufacturing jobs.

More US sales wouldn't have helped, because sales weren't the problem, costs were.

Texasfag here, I bet lots if dumbasses down here including myself would love it.

What seems more American and Texan-y then a car with a face of an old Stang and body of a truck?

Pretty sure guys would roll coal on you and scream get a real truck.

>oh no he rolled coal on me

>automatic

I own a beater colorado for toting a motorcycle around and commuting, if I can have a sporty car and a truck bed I would be all over that. Good luck trying to maintain and insure a left hand ute, I considered that a dead end.