I've had my 1.8 NA Miata for 10 years. I finally have a well-paying job and a couple grand in savings

I've had my 1.8 NA Miata for 10 years. I finally have a well-paying job and a couple grand in savings.

All I ask for is:
>FR
>Under 3,000 lbs
>Mechanical limited slip
>Throttle pedal directly connected to throttle
>No driver aids (or can be removed by pulling a fuse)
>Manual transmission
>Longer wheelbase than miata

Why is this so hard to find in DD'able condition?
>The mid-00s GTOs weighed nearly 4,000 lbs...
>240sxs are all rekt
>Starions cost $20k
>I don't want a Mustang or an RX-8
>Cannot be German

What am I missing here? I even got tempted by a 6-speed 4.0L Frontier the other day.

Go 2wd Cherokee with a 1UZ swap.
Lower it 2 inches, big ass stinger bar for kicks.

Get an NA FC and swap in the LSD from a Turbo II. If you can find one, the GTUs comes with it from the factory. I'm not sure about a GTU though.

ap1 s2k

Stop being a faggot and get an E36. Does your Jewish mother say you can't buy a German car?

Although I understand them, these are actually pretty strict conditions you have set.
Not many cars satisfy these requirements for a low price.
But, if you have the know how, your best bet is going to be modding a car and swapping parts to fit your needs.

Although, the Toyobaru is a pretty good example of all these.

get a volvo R awd manuel

Toyobaru has an electronical throttle. I would rate it as one of the things to complain about after you get past the usual criticisms.

buy a gun and finally kys

C5 maybe? No idea how you’d get it under 3 k lbs though.

You could find a nice MGB or similar for the price. Smaller than a Miata, but also proportionally narrower so they feel not short.

The RX8 fits essentially all of those categories except for the throttle cable, but as you said, you don't want an RX8.

How much is "a couple grand in savings"? If you have around 10k, a decent AP1 S2000 could be your's.

92'+ mr2

A. Define a couple grand
B. is right. Especially if you live outside the rustbelt, you'd do better buying the closest you can, and fixing the rest.
C. Starquests are neither $20k, nor are they under 3000lbs. You can still find driveable ones around $5k.

F- or G-body GM cars fit or can fit most of your requirements. The G-bodies actaully handle really well, and get OK mileage for what they are (15mpg or so with the 305 and TH200.)

An MGB, Spridget or Spitfire can still be had cheap in driveable condition, anything can be had for them, and are reliable once sorted.

You have left us no choice, user.
But seriously though, this is an under-appreciated treasure...
And if you can swing a rb20det swap, this is the patrician choice holy shit.

in a similar situation as you op, I'm just gonna check a used brz and turbo it

not op, are e36's even that decent? I liked the idea of a hatch but aparently thats the poverty tier one, and all the coupes in my area list themselves as "m series" but I can tell they're lying.

e30s look better imo but they're all rusted trash or 10k near me.

>starions are $20k

Where? The few starions I can find are around $5-9k.

Aren't these basically R30 Skylines? Should be decent enough.

r31s...
And just rare as fuck in the States, and accepting of any RB engine you wanna stick in it, depending on your budget and frustration limit.
RB20det is practically native, and also a 2l I6, which makes me check my pocket watch and have servants breed horses in my stables and drink wine and spirits of serious vintage.

c4 vette if you can handle the extra 240lbs over your weight limit

How's the ND Miata?

you would have more money if you stopped going meth lol

gt86? i have a miata and i don't have well-paying job yet, but i thought a lot about future upgrades and gt86 is one of few reasonable choices. other was rx-7, those things are stupidly cheap for some reason. plus fd is a car from before 2000's so you can be sure it's not some overly complicated bullshit with mandatory tc and stuff.

>FR
nice one moron

>FD RX-7
>stupidly cheap
lol no.

i'm checking auction websites right now and good fd is cheaper than cheapest used gt86 in my country.
>cheapest not-crashed gt86 is $16k
>rx-7 with healthy engine, modified suspension and exhaust, and in overall pic related condition is $14k

it's not stupidly cheap as in pizza price, but it's stupidly cheap for what it is. shitty pig fat supra mk4 costs five times as much as this

>$14k
>healthy engine

go ahead and buy it, i fucking dare you

he says compression checks out. also, it's wrong hand drive, which drops price a bit i guess. some time ago there was even cheaper auction, it's sold now, those things are just this cheap.

i'd definitely check it out and buy it if only i wouldn't be a barely-can-afford-a-miata poorfag

i wouldn't buy an FD Rx-7 unless I had the money to do a complete engine rebuild right after i buy it

Judging from OP's original considerations it's safe to assume FD's are out of his price range.

the internet has scared you bad, my friend.

compression tests are also a thing.

>Under 3000lbs
>Longer than a miata
Pick one. My 4th gen camaro is substantially larger than a miata but weighs 3400 lbs, despite the lightweight body panels.

import an R32 GTST or buy an S2k

thats way out of his budget. if he atleast had 10k he could pick up a dope s13 from japanese classics.

>Electric throttle cable

You mean more responsive and just as consistent? Whatever dude

It's not at all as responsive. Throttle tip-in response isn't there. It feels like you're stepping on a fake pedal; there's literally no physical feedback from the throttle assembly. And like most of the rest of the car if you're going hard it's pretty intuitive and pleasant.

>240sxs are all rekt
Nope, you just aren't actually looking outside your location.

>Starions cost $20k
wrong.

I'm talking around 12k tops desu. My company doesn't start helping w/ medical insurance for a couple more months and that's just over $1k down per month (ins. + copays) for now. And I need to get a nicer place to live. My Miata runs perfectly and I love it so I don't *need* another car but everything I like is getting really rare and I wouldn't mind a project.

C4 'vette isn't a bad idea desu. Maybe an A60 Celica GT-S if I could find one. Most of the cars that I can find that I like are AWD, but once I got this Miata I have a hard time going back to AWD.

The purpose of an electronic throttle cable is to cheat emissions standards by 'smoothing-out' your inputs to reduce lean/rich conditions. That's it. I've worked engineering for 3 different auto companies now, two of which did EPA testing on-site. Electronic throttles are shiiiiit.

>>Mechanical limited slip
stfu and buy a 240Z and swap in a T-5 and new Diff.