ITT: Cars that were too good for this world

ITT: Cars that were too good for this world

I miss it

>Had a rust free 1 owner 88 tbird 5.0
>sold it like a retard for $1500 3 years ago, with gt40 heads and I take shorty headers, maf conversion, t5 and disc 8.8 from a tarbo coupe
>new owner hit a cement barrier with it 3 weeks later
> Still crying

Also, stop memeing these cars, i can still buy them for cheap and they are subjectively better than the mustang. I dont want that to change

>implying any of these cars are even good

Get fucked soyboi. Were you born before 1999?

>using soyboi

Were you born after 1999? None of the cars itt are good (until now).

The Saturn S-series. There's a reason they still have a (small) fanatical following; they're among the most reliable cars that GM ever built (those engines are pretty much indestructible as long as you keep up with oil changes), get great gas mileage, and the plastic body panel idea is cool and has some good benefits.

They're the cars that could have saved the US auto industry and put it on par with the Japanese again, but no one gave a shit.

Those aren't cars.

You're shilling pretty hard for this car recently

This monster

Saturns are pretty neat. I wish I'd been around to see those Saturn-fests where people went to the plant and got to see their cars get built. I'm honestly amazed in GM's ability to consistently fuck things up for themselves.

Is Veeky Forums talking about T-birds now? That's cool, I posted the other day about my desire to find a Cougar (the auto kind, although I guess the other kind would be alright too).

Wut, Tesla is way too good for this world, that's why it was sent to space.

Had to deal with a SC2 and it was worse than a nearly decade older Civic.

It's just one guy trying to force a shitbox.

biggest truth.

Make it two then, Thunderbirbs are cool and Marks are even cooler.

They really aren't. There's always been a small fanbase on here but they're just awful American 80's cars.

I also enjoy underpowered malaise era boats, late 80s to mid 90s round family sedans with blue interiors, and 4000+lb,

>opinions

Must have one rustbucket to sell

I don't even think it's an opinion, it's just a fact. American cars were shit for like a 40 year period of the 70s-00s.

if it were a fact, nobody would argue you.

People argue facts all the time. Sometimes people are dumb enough to not believe them.

>40 year period of the 70s-00s

2010-1970=40

I can tell you're an American.

I like you

And don't try to say otherwise

2010 onward ≠ '00s

Sorry pal, 1970-2010 equals 70s-00s.

>2000's are 2000 to 2009

well, start posting facts and prove me wrong

by that logic, "70s-00s" could mean 1970-2999. quit being a retard.

Do you consider 1930 part of the 1920s too?

'00 is for 2000-2009, because the number in the ten's place is the same

Prove what wrong? They're shitty cars that people like.

The irony.

Y'all dense as hell lmao. I didn't say 2010 was part of the 00's. I said going to 2010 equals the 00's, because all of it is covered.

>panther
>good

4000lbs, solid rear axle, anemic 300 hp V8, boat handling, and shit brakes.

How is it good?

>They're shitty cars that people like

gj on the opinion. now post a fact.

You're either baiting or genuinely retarded, probably both

Yeah, it's an opinion that people like them for sure. The fact is that everyone knows they're shit and doesn't like them. They want to be special snowflakes so they pretend to like them.

My dad just picked up a 93 GT for 1250. Needs a fuel pump and starter. Was rattle canned but underneath is that beautiful blue. The same blue from the first mustang/Car I remember from my earliest memories. I "helped" so much on that car. And I finally have the chance to do it again.

Those cars build Families, user. The best of the best.
pic related, the car

Because it exists, fuck you. There's no reason for it to exist in an era where Accords were making more power at half the weight, but it did, because fuck you.

>300hp
LOL I wish. Sadly more like 265 fwhp and thats the later PI version. The 4.6 2v can make power, but the Crown vics just weigh so much. They are, however, American classics and deserve respect.

The Marauder had the DOHC 4.6 from the Mach 1, rated at 300hp, not the SOHC 4.6 like the other Panthers (2v) and Mustang GT (2v, later 3v) had.

I agree. I got an 88 Fox Body for $100 and I've been loving it as a project. I replaced the fuel pump and just started a rebuild of the engine. It's sitting on the stand right now.

100, damn good luck user. Any Pics?

Of my penis? Idk dude. Git a kik? Maybe there

huh, I had no idea. and to think I knew all the cars that used the 4.6l. Thanks user.

look in your heart, you know it's true

cuter than twingo
>check
pure drivers car with only slightly more practicality than elise
>check
sw20 was called poor mans ferrari since it looked like one, this was called poor mans elise since it drove like one
>check
wayyyyy less serious than s2k
>check
better than miata in every way
>check
outbreaks an mclaren F1 stock
>check
who would win a mrs with blue sticker on it or a highly professionally tuned racecar M3
>check and broke lap record and Max Orido with its g forces

it just upset too many people

Not much on the drivetrain, but the shape, the body, is fantastic. I wish a similar body style existed with a modern drivetrain, like a 3.5 EcoBoost. The current trend though is crossovers and SUVs. I miss coupes.

Honestly

>racecar M3

c'mon dude that pigfat full interior M3 was the slowest car there, and the MR-S didn't even win the touge battle against the other car.

Here’s to the Thunderbird/Mark VII crowd...Mercury Cougar, you are missed.

Honestly the best Japanese sports car.

it broke lap record multible times and got to semifinal where a similiar handling car with beat it due to sheer power.
It is running 180hp from stock 2zz.

But convertible, and getting a hardtop is harder than the top.

Will never understand why people bitch about convertibles.

Because they have the visibility of a much larger, more tank-like car when you put the top up, assuming you have a top left after a basketball american who bused it over from the ghetto realizes you can break into one with nothing but a pocketknife and the general level of ability found in chimpanzees.

the visibility is pretty good with MRS and only fags care about that.
Problem is chassis stiffness.
With MRS its pretty good you only need strut tower bars and if its pre facelift a breastplate.
Hardtop is pretty much just dead weight unless you delet soft top. I\m keeping mine on since no AC and its the only way to cool in the summer.

i learnt to drive in a Holden Rodeo 2004 that me and my dad bought for a few grand and fixed up, can relate

The mighty Ssssnek. You will be missssed.

What I would do for one of these

Too good for America

The American Import fighter and the Turbo Mopars were arguably one of the few good cars to come out of the US back then.

what he's explaining is really simple, you guys are just fucking morons

>Not posting the hatchback Daytona

>those wheels

That's not a falcon

F

Fun Fact: Ned Flanders owns a Geo Metro.

The 1ZZ is a boring pig of an engine. Low revving, shitty sounding, oil burning (in some cases, oil rings are not always bad), and specific to the ZZW30, prone to precat failure and detonation. Oiling issues are also prevalent.

The MR2 Spyder also got the shitty C56 5 speed manual, which doesn't have an overdrive gear, so its awful on the highway (ask me how I know). The C63 6 speed MT is much better, but only Euros and Japs got them. It actually has an overdrive gear and closer ratios, so acceleration is quicker and more fun (supposedly, never driven a 6 speed MRS). The C63 also got an LSD, unlike the C56 in the USDM MR2 Spyder.

It has a very small aftermarket, as there was less than 30k sold in the US (around 27,000 iirc). Thus, parts (both OEM and aftermarket) are ridiculously expensive. See the hardtop in the picture of the post I'm responding to? $3,000. The rollbar (if it is the one I think it is) is worth an extra $650. The replica TRD lip is relatively cheap, but in the hundreds. I can only imagine the ungodly price of the aftermarket mirrors. ARP mirrors (the most common aftermarket mirrors for the W30) are around $300 (for replicas or used ones).

Handling is good, but not the best. 0.88 G's pulled stock, which isn't all that good for an MR sports car. The front is floppy (can be fixed with a strut bar), the suspension is too soft, thus allowing too much body roll. Every MR2 is equipped with MacPherson struts on all four corners, so they perform terribly over rough surfaces and over the limit. Granted, the W30 is the most controllable of the 3 (never driven an AW11, so correct me if I'm wrong), but it still can be pretty fucking uncontrollable if you go over the limit.

Now, I like this car, but I have to admit its faults. It is not exactly pretty, the stock USDM drivetrain is kind of garbage, and the suspension/handling is not exactly confidence-inspiring (stock).

also forgot to mention that the record-breaking W30 that is talking about has well over $25k in mods put into it.

Those were hot. Enjoy some vintage “Hunter”.

Not him, but I want to saw two things

1) Decent hard tops for a lot of convertibles are expensive. And parts in general for nicer performance-y cars are more expensive. Those prices are acceptable to me after adjusting to Datsun and Porsche prices, I suppose

2) I actually feel the opposite of you, confidence wise. It's no Boxster, but I felt very confident driving my friends MRS. After talking it over though, we both agreed that the MRS has a habit of whispering in your ear though, calling you a pussy for not hitting that turn faster.

And then fucking laughing at you when you fuck it up

Not to shit on the parade but that bodystyle without a landau top looks hideous. Maybe it's the back window doing that stupid curve up thing but still.

F

Too bad the engine is shite and they didn't offer it with a fixed top.

Convertibles are cute, but they will always just be toys. Give me a fixed top coupe instead please.

;_;7

Finally SOMEONE with some goddamn sense in this thread. Hope no one is a shill for LS swapping these beauts.

>They had to hold it back so the SVO was faster
I love both but it's not fair damn it.

i threw up a little
into my pants damn bois italian soul and passion is real

Darn diddly right, anonnerino.

I always liked the Thunderbirds. I used to order brochures from Ford on Prodigy when my family got a computer in 1994.

The TC by Maserati had a version of the 2.2 turbo with the heads cast by Cosworthand assembled by Maserati back in itally. Chrysler did some neat shit with their turbo cars.

>tfw no five speed turbo caravan

this. unironically. car insurances in my country won't allow me to drive something with more than ~110HP because I got my driving license not long ago.

You’re a fucking retard

It hurts

Most of the thread is shit tier American cars the world forgot because they were garbage.

Makes you think.

>so good they couldn't even be born into this harsh world

These looked cool. I am assuming they will never see the light of day?