What's the least you have paid for a running car?

What's the least you have paid for a running car?

>hardmode
no family or friend deal.

$2500.

Around here that's really the base line for a used car that's running (and isn't just barely hanging on).

I bought a 318i for 2 grams of weed.

What gen? E36, E46, E90?

$1000 for a 2003 Chebby Silverado. Had 200k on the odo. I drove it another 95k and then sold it for $2000.

$350, previous owner said it needed a clutch. Had 76k on the odometer and very no visible rust.
>Adjusted the clutch cable and drove it for a few months before it actually needed a clutch

Brother bought a running and driving 2001 Buick Century for $300. Odometer had the lol GM resistors so he didn't know the reading until a few years later. After he drove it for a few years he found out it was at 176k. It's not at 200k+.
>Treats his car as an appliance
>Just keeps going like the energizer bunny

It's frustrating because he doesn't give a fuck about his car whatsoever and it isn't giving him problems.

$500 Blazer and Jimmy S10/15. Yes I had the hood up pretty much every day but it was fun and I learnt a lot.

I got a turd gen camaro with a 305 and a 5 speed for $1100.
Passenger window was shattered, but I had a neighbor who had extras in a shed he gave me for free.
Lots of fun that car was

2001 Mazda Protege, $300

>no family or friend deal
1992 Lexus LS400, $700

$600, miata

Nice. I bought a Nissan Hardbody with a broken speedo and 280k miles on the clock. Actual miles? Who knows. Paid $1100.
Drove it for 18 month, went to Central America and back, lots of off roading, did 0 repairs and sold it for $1600.

$800.

$800 for a 89 horizon and another time an 89 cherokee

I wish cars sold for around their KBB values
Too bad they never ever do

200 dollars for a 1998 Dakota with 225. I drove it 4 years and sold it for the equivalent of 4-5k in motorcycle parts.

I don't consider this bragging, being anonymous. Got very lucky. I own a Cummins now

$800 for a riced out car that I then decided to clean and fix up, still ran when I bought it but it had problems. Guess the car, boys.

$750.

Technically running, started up just fine but would die after 30-45 seconds of idle, could barely stay running even with a AAA tow truck's jumper box connected.

H O R I S O N san, how are you? Ever figure out why you were stalling?

A/C works too

$570 and 5 speed

$600

Dodge Neon ES halfway through an SRT4 conversion.

$100 for a 1988 Ford Mustang LX hatchback. has 140k miles and I'm in progress of doing a rebuild on the engine.

$1200. Bought it off Craigslist. 1972 Super Beetle in excellent condition, except something was wrong with the gas tank or something because no level sensor ever worked despite replacing it multiple times and spending hours learning about a car that could fit on top of a dining room table.

I mean, that's obviously a Mirage in the pic.

I bought a 2003 eclipse for 750, ext and int were messy as hell but it ran and shifted okay.

pics plz

$500 1985 Buick Century Custom

$500 for a 2001 Civic this past Saturday. Supposedly had a blown head gasket, but it runs fine.
Also sold off a non running Blazer/Jimmy pair for $600 the same day.

Correct but it's actually a Dodge Colt GT. Can you guess the engine?

$1700 crown victoria, daily driven for the last four years and I expect to get another half decade out of it before i'd need any serious work done.

50 euros for a 89 Honda Accord in good condition. That was in 2011 when shitboxes were very cheap.
Now even the shittiest car with valid inspection costs at least 500.

paid 1000 for my current car, so far the only thing that ive had to do is replace the speed sensor

100 dollars.

89 prelude

£200

Not me m8, but i imagine his idle is to low or hes a vaccum leak

$820 for a 1968 Bel Air. Traded it for a slightly nicer '68 Plymouth Fury a couple years later

$500
>2004 Saturn Ion
>fucked brakes
>fucked transmission
>fucked battery
>good running car

200$ volvo v70 glt
400$ gsxr
100$ pontiac bonoville
free turd gen camaro
they're out there man, just be outgoing and look for expired tabs and mold.

A dirty thirty for a brown '81 VW diesel pickup:

>The windshield was wrecked
>It had no windows in the doors
>The taillights were gone
>The front turn signals were gone
>There were no dash lights
>The water pump pissed water
>The clutch was worn out
>The hood looked like someone took a ball pein to it
>There was no rear bumper

Fortunately I had a powder blue '80 4-door car with a blown engine to steal parts off of.

I moved the doors, windshield, and hood from the car to the truck, used boat trailer lights and a diode pack in place of the $100 each taillights. The dash light problem was solved by taking an 1156, drilling a hole through the bezel in front of the instruments, and jamming it in there. A Ding-Dong wrapper made sure it illuminated only the instruments.
I forget what the front turn signals were from, but they were larger than the holes in the bumper. I just put a ring of clear silicone around the holes and glued them on.

The bumper problem was solved by cutting a 2x8 into four ~12" long sections, drilling and bolting them on below the tailgate. Those bumperettes were probably the best-looking thing on the car.

This all was in 2009 or so, and I sold the thing pretty soon afterwards. I saw the damn thing again in 2015, largely unchanged.

Never seen a deal like this in 10 years.

800$
pic semi related

>$44

lucky duck

$600 for my first car

1989 SAAB 900 Turbo SPG (according to vin)

Transmission died about 6 months later though

Didn't the colt have a mitsu engine from factory, I think is was a 1.8 4G series unless you did some swap

1000 yurobuck
i did some gardening for one summer at my grandparent place to get their twingo also not sure if that count

50€ TWINGO bought in last minute beforw going to junkyard. Without major problem - Just rust and a fact it's Twingo...

$800 for a 2000 mustang v6

4G63

A 1991 ford ranger, fully loaded xlt 4x4.the truck hadn't moved in 2 or 3 years, knocked on guys door and said I could have it for free if I towed it out of his yard. Towed it home and fixed the fuel pump relay wiring. Drove it for 3 years untill the frame got too rusty to repair

$1200 for a 96 maxima 5mt about a year and a half ago.
Its still my daily driver

10 Euros.

>interior was DESTROYED completely
>car was leaking from the cooling system

Everything else was not bad.

>easy mode

$800 for a 2002 Mazda Tribute from my stepdad. Was pretty nice, V6 AWD, power everything. Drove it home 2000 miles with my wife, stopping at Yellowstone and Zion and such.

>hard mode

$2800 for my EG hatch. I've only ever bought 3 running cars in my life besides the appliance Mazda, and they all had some form of ricer/beaner tax etc.

$400 for a 96 Town car. Running? Yes. Driving? Yes. Stopping? Hell no. I fixed the brakes and sold it to my brother for $500. He got a year and a half out of it before he drove it into the ground.

$800 for a 70s Beetle.
That wasn't that cheap for a generic used car at the time but for a complete, running Beetle it was a good deal.

I bought an 02 Eclipse for $1500 and at the time I thought it was rad because it was a stick but then my friends got actual cars and now I hate it

kbb is a fucking hack
it bases its pricing off og price and deducts for every year assuming nothing was done to maintain the car. Its a problem because someone could be actually selling a pristine 2000 kia spectra with 2 miles on it and some retard would come by and with a straight face offer $44 just because they saw it on the internet. On the other side, retards will kbb their car as "excellent condition" when its really "fair" at best and put the highest number they see as the sale price.
Another example:
>2004 Jeep Wrangler Black 83k mi
>avg price around me on craigslist and autotrader: $20k+
>kbb price: $10k
>actual car worth: probably around $5k, just like any other mass-produced '04
kbb exists just to rape the market for both buyers and sellers

You both are correct. It originally came with the Mitsubishi engine, the 4G61, the little brother of the 4G63. But as of right now it currently has a 4G63T, that's the beauty of these obscure cars, the transmission is the very same as the one in the EVO 1-5.

£300 for a 91 transit van off the police, they'd used it for surveillance but it was just a standard van again when I got it, all the mechanics of it worked fine, done me a few good years.

10000 SEK

>easymode:
'91 nissan D21 for mowing a lawn all summer
>hardmode
First:
$160, '89 toyota camry wagon
Second-TIE:
$200 '96 volvo 855 T
$200 '01 volvo s40 T

all still registered and running expect the truck, need to replace the timing chain cover (of course)

For a car that actually worked well? $1500 for a Saturn that ran for years with no problems with negligent at best maintenance (I was poor).
I learned how to drive on a 1990 Dodge Spirit my dad bought for $700 because it looked like complete shit; he had that thing for eight years, and it had some quirks, but was pretty reliable.

Technically the cheapest car I've had was completely free because it was a gift from a family friend.

Otherwise I paid $4k for a foxbody Mustang

$0 for a banged up PT Cruiser in a complete stroke of luck.
The owner was moving and didn't have any method of move it. They thought it needed a tow, so I offered to help them get it to a used car dealer or scrapyard to unload it, but they just let me have the car. Turns out it just needed a new battery so I ended up rolling with it for a while. I didn't like it, but it was free and my other car was going to need a new transmission anyway.
It was an absolute piece of shit, but it cost me nothing other than the transfer fees and the cheapest battery I could find, and I got a working radio and AC out of it. I sold it after the timing belt broke.

$6700 for a Corolla GTS.

$300 for an 85 Celica GT
It ran like shit, but ran

Also just picked up an 02 745li for $550 but doesn't run

1985 red and white Chevy Scottsdale 350 sbc bored over 40 for $500, and a 1986 grey and blue Chevy Silverado 1 owner 70k miles 350 sbc stock $1200. Both from the same guy.

250 bongs

cheapest i bought was 9k from dealer with title/tag/tax, i crashed it less than a month later insurance paid out over 14k

did i beat out all the cheepos?

$290 for this crap

Got it September 2016, it was a major project.

'66 Dodge power Wagon for $750 in 1978 (I'm an old geezer). 65000 miles. It ran, but very rough. Brakes were shit.

Actually, the previous owner was a moron. Broken vacuum hose to booster. Ran fine. Brakes good. Converted to propane and drove for many years until living situation required that I trim down my vehicle inventory.

$800
1993 Buick LeSabre with clean ass interior, crappy body paint, and only 70k miles.

Such a comfy ride. I miss it, as much of a slight eyesore, gas guzzler, and unrelieable it was. It was just a divine comfort sitting in that driver's seat.

If you don’t count vehicle trade in’s and only cash I got a pristine 27k original miles 2001 Mustang for nothing but sales tax

got mine for about 2 grand so I would say you win

$500 2-door manual ferd exploder
it only consumed a quart of oil every 100 miles

it was the 4.0 v6 if that wasn't obvious

Well that's better than a rotary I guess.

91 240sx. Free. Wouldnt start so he said you can have it. Jumped it and drove the fucker home

Photo for proof

Thank you for saving a poor Twingo from euthanasia.

$600 for a 1977 Cherokee. Awesome Truck.

$50 for a clapped out 1990 Civic hatchback in college. Wish I had pics but it was nothing to be proud of. I did add a sweet shift knob tho.

Just about a week ago I bought this for $500. Runs perfect, been using it as my daily. b16a and everything.

>only Americans getting amazing deals itt

Europe fucking sucks.

Thank you

$300 for an Astro Van like 10 years ago I still have it and still running . I only use it to move shit around

>vs commodore not running $500
>2 hours and $100 to replace fuel pump
>1 hour and free to replace a dodgy coil pack
>$450 for rego
$1050 it still goes 4 years later.

$1.00
01 jeep tj, 6 cyl. No rust, had to replace the brake calipers and pistons. Owner thought it needed a new tranny as it wasn't shifting.

$500 - Estate sale

£1250

Only ever bought one car

$900 for a 1984 Delta Royale 88

Buick Century, the "abused but still in love with him" of cars.

$1,100 for a clean 1993 Mitsubishi Expo.

£50 Vauxhall nova 2 door sedan from some pikeys, so it was probably stolen.

I've looked up a car that had -$184 trade in value.
I'm just guessing off the top of my head, but I think it could have been a 90's grand marquis.

$200
81k miles, 5 speed, front end damage

W-bodies with the iron block V6s are fucking tanks. All the trim will fall off but as long as you change the oil now and then it'll keep running.
I put my old Lumina through hell and back and it never let me down.

$800 USD for a '94 taurus with the 3.8l
Was a pile of shit but i found almost a pound of stale weed in the trunk so it evened out.
>drove it for 3 years
>spent almost 2 grand on parts to keep it running