/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Amped Wall edition

>Booru
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/frontierDefense (WIP)
syampuuh.github.io/mods (now updated!)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>Titanfall Assault Guild
Just search for tfg. Look for the Apex patch.

>News
FNN 17: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield
Operation Frontier Shield patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm here forever

there is Lawbreaker

All right, I think I'm done with this game. I've got 150 hours on it and I just cannot stand the horrid tickrate any longer. It's been fun, guys.

See you for 140 in the next game.

t.frothy

Maybe if they fix the server lag.

who?

>be me
>play on complex
>at match start, think to myself "hey, while I'm here I should go and see that dead grunt easter egg I've heard about"
>get there
>Dude from other team is already there
>is looking at the corpse, so he doesn't see me
>instinctively shoot him, then teabag corpse.
>feel like a complete tool immediately afterwards
>bothers me for the rest of the day
>mfw

Anybody else know this feel?

Playing Scorch is the highest skill cap activity in any video game, all time. Except for maybe Q3A CPMA duels or Quake Live CPMA duels before they made it as casual as it is now. If you think it's boring, it's because you hit a skill wall and can't get to the upper tier where you are literally king of the server.

So what exactly is the appeal of Titanfall Assault?

its more titanfall

>get home from work
>stacc apparently spent a game or two pushing frothycumsucker's shit in
>I missed it all
Fuck.

Cashgrab mobile game developed by the korean version of EA. So, you know,
fucking none.

For all intents and purposes, it's the third-ever Titanfall game in the franchise, following the two mainline games. That aside, it's not the worst mobile game on the market. The monetization could be worse, and the core gameplay is relatively compelling for what it is.

>Cashgrab mobile game developed by the korean version of EA.
PUBLISHED by the Korean EA. It was developed by Particle City, which shares the same campus and CEO as Respawn.

The best Titanfall 2 player

yeah if people think that TF:A is wringing shekels out of them then they've seen fucking nothing

>playing titanfall 2
>enjoying my humble life as a scorch with nuke eject
>fuck up some people and eject
>except someone threw a gravity star at my cockpit and i'm vaporized

>playing titanfall 2 later
>see a doomed monarch
>chuck gravity star at his cockpit
>he's stuck there as his titan dies and i dump an L-STAR into him
>"that's messed up" in chat
I AM GROWING STRONGER

Soon your strats will be invincible

somebody did that to me the other day and I was so confused

>being good
>not falling for the holo ruse and dcing out of common courtesy
no bully

Here have this old related webm. Its such a fun thing to do.

>see a nearly ded titan
>slow down and trap him
Feels good.

I get the kneejerk reaction of killing him, but did you really have to teabag his corpse, ya dicknozzle?

Fuggidy fug, did auto-sprint always fuck up semi-auto weapons the way it does now? I swear there used to be a post-shot delay or something to keep it from interrupting your shots.

gotta streamline the strat even further

you gotta threaten them with an archer after you throw the gravstar to force an eject

who dat Kuben Blisk nigga on f-list?

>watching frothy's august tier list
>categories are great, good and meme
>puts wingman in good tier
>despite it now being the biggest meme pistol
>also shit talked the stiff and didn't even show gameplay of it

What a faggot.

no shit, hes from reddit what do you expect

>shits on the stiff without even mentioning its fuck-huge range advantage over the EVA
>thinks the only good use for holo is to throw it in one direction and push with it

i swear to god frothy's IQ is below 80

>claim to hate ecelebs
>watch all of an eceleb's content
Really makes you think

some user linked it the last thread

We've known that he's retarded for a long time now. Lawbreakers, """"intelligent gaming"""", and pretty much all of his other tier list just to start off

Don't forget the whole loot box thing.

fug i remember that
it's like he WANTS ogreslow 2.0
>loot boxes are great for longevity!
>Hey, buy this shitty hero shooter I'm shilling. It's S00per 1337!
Is there a more rddt human alive right now?

>can barely hold back on complimenting himself, drops in "not the average player" at every opportunity
>the average player is indistinguishable from a grunt with a toys r us jumpkit taped to his back

sounds pretty rddt to me

>northstar kit is called "Viper Thrusters"
>what if Viper wasn't just a pilot
>what if he was also a rocket scientist responsible for the development of a thrust vectoring system powerful enough to lift a titan but responsive enough to maneuver it around without needing wings

fuck that cooper manlet for killing one of the best and brightest

I miss Viper

Do you think there are scholarships in the core system named after him? For the best and brightest pilots and scientists?

>cobra-chan choking back tears when she receives her Viper Scholarship because she has no family left to celebrate it with

Fuck, man
I didn't ask for these feels

/tfg/ PCfriends. What mice do you use?
Mine keeps disconnecting during games becasue I whip it around like a spastic retard when going fast. I need one that can stand up to my flailing

Hello friends
I am a drawfag
Give me your requests
I made this shit before

can you do cobra-chan laying a grieving hand on the burnt wreckage of viper's northstar

logitech g502 has lasted me a good few years now. i'm a low sens player so i whip the fuck out of my mouse too

Tone better not be in TF3

I find it interesting that the majority of my ruses tend to be on Phase-shitters

Really jogs the noggin

Ah yes, truly a classic ruse.

oh hi mark

i've become an ascended master of rusing titans

holopilot + thunderbolt = unparalleled titan confusion

>TF2 discounted on Origin
Is it worth for 15 bucks (multiplayer only)? How's the playerbase on PC? Big enough for all game modes to be populated?

its a small-to-medium and very dedicated playerbase. we have a somewhat steady trickle of new players, too. there's usually a little spike whenever the game goes on sale, so you got that going for you.

been playing pretty much since launch, and i've never really had a problem finding a match in a reasonable time.

Don't discount the campaign it's actually really good

For fucks user u cornhole
JUS
GAEM INTELEGLEDLY
FUC

This

>haha i only game for fiften hourth a week, but thinthe i game INTELLIGENTLY i'm what you might call--*self-congratulatory chuckle*--not egthactly the average titanfall player
>haha guyth im improving relentlethly with thith thtim-CAR loadout

go back to rddt you fucking spastic

I don't know what came over me...it was just a spur of the moment kind of thing...

are we not allowed make fun of frothy anymore oops

This might be a stupid question, but how exactly does Respawn balance guns by range? Seeing as no one has even tried to calculate what exactly 'medium range' is in metric or imperial, I'm assuming it's just one set unit for each range (close/medium/long) and Respawn tries to balance the guns keeping that in mind. If that's the case I think it might explain why they're so piss-poor at balancing.

I want to be sealed inside an amniotic tank that doubles as a life support system and permanently entwine my nervous system into my Titan

mi breh ull die

Viper giving a young Cobra-chan a jump kit piggyback ride, with her wearing a backup helmet that looks just like his own (which is a bit too big for her)

>making fun of Frothy is RDDT
Hunh?

ronin with his cockpit open and his pilot jumping out, but the pilot has one of those japanese headbands on and is covered in satchel charges and frag grenades

don't forget his pet ticks pouring out the cockpit with him

I've been interested in TF2 for quite some time now and since it's on sale, I figured it was finally time for my lazy ass to pick it up. My question to you all is this: is it worth it to buy the ultimate edition over the standard edition? I couldn't give two tugs of a donkeys dick about cosmetics, but I want to know if I'm gimping my self by not buying it (i.e. for multiplayer later on by having to unlock everything with unreasonable amount of playtime).

>is it worth it to buy the ultimate edition over the standard edition?
No.

Thanks, user.

>g502
Thanks user. looks weighty, which is alright. 36 quid on warehouse deals seems pretty good.

it should ship with a little box of five 3.6g weights that you can put in to adjust how heavy you want your mouse to feel. enjoy the mouse, user, glad i could help

I think that the few people with high ranks in the /tfg/ overflow should be able to transfer to /tfg/ main.
Thoughts?

Reapers are the worst fuckign thing about this game. I can't fucking move whether they're friendly or not.

probably more than half of my VTOLs are just for hopping over reapers. one of the reasons i can barely function in any titan not named northstar

WWWWHHHRRRRRRR

They really need to remove """"friendly"""" Reaper collision. It's pretty turbo-gay losing half your Titan's health because some autistic rape drone refuses to move it's fat ass outta the way.

>tfw each softball sticks
>that half second delay then death.
Is there any better feeling?

I remember a post about an idea for a Hunter Reaper upgrade instead of calling in a Titan, it drops off a modded Reaper who hunts down enemy Titans or defends a position. Imagine one of those with three leaps and a power fist for disabling Titans when it hits you.

Does anyone else remember/use the reload cancel? You can demolish titans in FD with the SMR using it.

>Competent reapers
Please no

>reapers are a massive pain in the dick
>the evac dropships have to be pounded by multiple titans to be destroyed even when hovering in place and not fighting back

really makes you wonder why you can't just build an army of reapers and support it with an air force of those evac ships kitted out with racks of titan-class weapons. even in-context and in-universe, titans seem pretty useless if you think about it.

any new patches or announcements since the frontier defense update and the announcement that they were slowly down support for the game? i checked the respawn forums and stuff and saw nothing, i just want to make sure.

>trying to bring logic into a game about using soldiers to run on walls with small jetpacks, breaking their ankles, knees and spines within a single military operation

Don't.

Just don't try to bring logic into this. Enjoy Titanfall as the science-fantasy it is.

This senpai

One of the things that makes the series endearing is how the developers don't seem to have fooled themselves into thinking any of this is something that could happen and it overall seems kind of self aware at how ridiculous it is
>an army of robots is trying to take over space but no one really seems to care
>time travel is discovered but no one is really all that shocked or surprised
>The IMC have slave camps but it's mentioned once then never brought up again
>the aliens made a thing so let's use it to blow up planets
>there's monsters whose height reaches into the stratosphere but that's just a fact of life on the frontier
I like it. It manages to strike a balance between ridiculous scifi action movie and believable designs to the right degree without taking itself too seriously. Contrast with nu-Halo, where the designs are just awful and don't even pretend to look like they could exist but there's a deep lore explanation behind everything.

Holy fuck exoplanet is such a shit map for CTF

>tfw no L-star equivalent projectile-pistol

>Unlocked Core Scorch from the day 7 login bonus in Assault
>Shoots Firewalls by slamming his maul
>Uses Flame Core every couple Firewalls
>Melts reserve Titans instantly
youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

That's much of what Anthem is doing as well, which people say draw inspiration from Titanfall. It's explicitly cited as soft sci-fi/fantasy, the sort of thing you're not meant to think about too hard.

>energy machine pistol
Hey, that'd actually be kinda neat.

>modded Reaper
>regen shields
>uses built in Devotions and Charge Rifles instead of Reaper Rockets
>modded Reaperfall will ALWAYS attempt to fall on last location of an opposing Titan or Pilot
>can rodeo a Titan until the Titan or modded Reaper is destroyed

Game needs more powerful Reapers, fuck Titans.

>beta team

nah we're good

Speaking of Anthem. Would you a Titanfall RPG co-op focused loot shooter like Anthem/Destiny?

I'd buy it for Titanfall, not because I have an interest in the game, same as TFAssault.

I'm honestly not a fan of the "Looter shooter" genre-thing that's emerged since Destiny released

They've been a thing since Borderlands. It was only The Division and Destiny where it entered more of the multiplayer space. Just think of it like Diablo as a first-person shooter (in Destiny's case) or Diablo as a third-person cover shooter (in The Division's case).

RPGish and lots of customization for your Pilot, Titan, and abilities? Yes please.

Totally random drop system that can fuck you? Dramatic changes in stats where shitty metas arise like in The Division with uninspiring glass-cannon builds that end up being tougher than actual survival-based builds? No, please god no. Just stat building that doesn't allow for extreme min-maxing bullshit. Not sure how you would do that without end up avoiding it all.

the base idea of 'intelligent gaming' wasn't actually that bad. he was kinda uppity about it but "take breaks from vidya" is legitimately good advice for enjoying yourself

You mean pretentious

"B3 Wingman is great tier"

- our boy FrothyOmen

ayyyyyy

>People think Scorch is difficult to wreck shit with