I'm thinking about getting a slightly used (2014+) Jeep Wrangler as my next vehicle. Is this a bad idea?

I'm thinking about getting a slightly used (2014+) Jeep Wrangler as my next vehicle. Is this a bad idea?

Terrible

You better live within a couple miles of an extensive trail network and use it frequently. Otherwise you're a fucking idiot.

I live a couple miles from your mom's gag reflex and use it frequently

pretty impractical for literally everything but taking on trails, and completely useless all around unless you have a sahara or better trim. this is coming from a JK rubicon owner.

Most ppl don't know about the 2012/2014+ DOHC PentaStar upgrade.

I had a 2014 Sport 2dr manual that did 0-60 in 6.7 sec and would do burnouts all day.

You might wanna just wait for the new 2018 generation. Mopar Accessories has designed an entire lineup of off-road equipment upgrades for it, lifts, lights, bars, you name it. An upgraded interior and a fold down windshield like the old days.

Unless your an offroader or overlander, it's a waste of money. Plus depending on "slightly used" and year you buy you can get death wobble which is a bitch to deal with.

They're not even that great for what it's known for. They're perfectly fine, but I've had better experiences in sub-2k trucks and beater 4x4s than the wrangler (any varient).

Literally why

Get a Bronco, at least you can haul shit in the back and get the same gas mileage

The 2007-2018 has a fold down windshield too.

The Wrangler is safer than the Bronco.

Fucking pussy.

best if you live in warmer climates and taking the top/doors off is important to you. miserable in colder climates and any compact to mid pickup will do the job better.

I'm in oklahoma and despite all of its flaws, I still want one. 2 door suvs are so cool to me

So?

Wranglers are cool and all but you should really consider what your daily needs are. I had a cool TJ and I miss it every day but I rarely even had time to take it off road

fun car, made for daytripping into the woods. otherwise as a daily driver they are slightly less retarded than driving a sports car everywhere.

bad MPGs, no storage, wobbles above 65mph, without 4x4 on, it's just a RWD box. It's 80% off, 20% on. 90% off, 10% on with a lift and nice tires. Bad safety ratings in everything besides roll over (a 4 star in roll over)

why not a newer compass or cherokee? people act like those jeeps don't exist, they make more sense for everything besides rock crawling.

they're great innawoods cars and northeast winter cars, i was eyeing the compass trailhawk for a bit in dark gray

addn. you can tow like 3k lbs behind a jeep compass (check the manual) so you can bring your enduros with you and the storage beats the wrangler, you can carry petrol cans and backpacks for hiking, it's an amazing inanwoods car in every regard

to be honest, internet car culture and knowledge is as a whole terrible, go to the dealership and spend a bit talking with a salesperson and a mechanic, you'll get a better reply than anywhere on the internet

>death wobble
>bitch to deal with

It's really not. 95% of the time it's your trackbar bushing(s). Takes an hour to fix.

Make sure it's actually cheaper than a new one.

Jeeps suck
/thread

The new Compass is nice.

I would recommend a Toyota 4Runner. You might be paying more, but you'll be getting way more practicality, more comfortable interior, better reliability, and is still a capable off-road machine.

Also, my mom has a 2012 Jeep Liberty and we love it. It's another Jeep that many people don't know exists. I think it's partially because it didn't sell well compared to the old model, so there aren't many around. Ours is especially rare. It has the brown and dark gray interior color scheme. We didn't pick it out on purpose. It just happened to have it when we were searching for a car to tow behind an RV.