/drg/ - Danganronpa General

happy birthday Kuzu

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread >/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 8/10/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc/Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair:
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/cid=UP1063-PCSE00261_00-DANGANRONPA1NA01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-PCSE00692_00-DESPAIRGIRLSNA01

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TtOBGy6PvRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i want to be ouma's dumb dog!

Happy birthday you karinto fiend.

Yes it has.
youtube.com/watch?v=TtOBGy6PvRU

Cheers, user!

Ishi&Kuzu!

HBD Kuzu!

Awesome!

Posting best girl!

happy birthday kuzu

Not only that, the pool event has been translated too.

It's a shame we got less special events in V3 than SDR2 had.

Koko!

Cute!

Bless you, user.

If you'd like subs for the other bonus events, I could do it as long as I had footage for it and some help from oumakokichi.
I already plan to do a few extra scenes outside of Chapter 2 like the epilogue and the floorboard scene.

From now on this is a fancy thread. You must be this formal to post. Plebs begone!

What does /drg/ think of Gontouma friendship-wise?

nah

Angie and her beloved onii-chan!

Would be funnier if Gonta knew how to scold him harder but nothing as hardcore as the bug rape everytime.

So nothing ever came out of this?

I seriously want another 3D DR game again

Fancy

Just beat the 2nd game in this series, after I was promised it was "much better" and that I would enjoy it more. Just as mediocre as the first game, except this time with a shittier cast. The only decent cases were Case 1 and 5, and the writing is all over the place. I expected them to actually address the flaws of the first game, but it's clear that the only enjoyable parts of these games (Both game's fifth case), are just flukes. Ending was shitty and unsatisfying, with a bunch of retarded asspulls MUH HOPE. The only consistently enjoyable part of the game was the retarded bullshit that Komaeda pulled and then they killed him off not even to bring him back for the last case. IT'S A 6/10 AT BEST.

Amami is for Shinguji, Tojo and Hoshi. No one else. Period. Have I made myself clear?

Welcome to Danganronpa.

We all admit that its mediocre at best with the first game the strongest conceptually. The story has always been camp and shit but people mainly are crazy for the characters. Waifus and husbandos galore.

It's either your thing or it isnt.

Honestly no DR game should get any higher than a 6. The games are really mediocre at best. The gameplay is shit. The characters are bleh. The cases are boring.

Amami is everyone's onii-chan! It's a purely platonic relationship she has with him!

I said to fuck off. Amami is for the people I especially pointed out as they're cool and mature enough for him go hang out with. He is none of their oniichan. Now I better not see any of you fags post him babbying any of the characters I didn't mention or there will be trouble. I'm not fucking around here.

All I want is the sweet release of death!

Putting a cast of 'ka-rayyyzee- characters in an enclosed space ain't new and in a death-game with super-powered teens isn't either.

Even the deepest characters can be surmised in one sentence and even then, the deeper ones often fail to surprise and convince you, there's just not much multifaceted-ness. Sure they are subversions of anime stereotypes and some of them are a little bit deconstructionistic like Mikan or Kaito but that's ultimately what they are...anime stereotypes.

Because it's a death game, all we want to really know is who murdered who, if your faves survive and who gets murdered, shipping is also big.

It doesn't help that characters that tend to become the most popular or ones that catch the eye of higher ups are the people that get developed through like, a light novel or spin-off.

Lots of dangan ronpa is wasted potential character wise. The best parts of it are the executions and some of the dialogue is fun and memorable but otherwise, its basically an average series.

Fucking kys retard. He wouldn't care about Kaede. He only hangs out with cool people like Shinguji, Tojo and Hoshi. Neck yourself

Drink fucking bleach. Stop posting this shit.

Waa waa stop having fun REEEEE

Nice!

Really, what can you expect from one of the dullest franchises in the history of video game franchises? Seriously each episode following the dimwitted protagonist and the easily predictable end cast as they fight the same villain has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the pop-up imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of emotional impact, all to "deconstruct" villains and itself, to insult the player.

Perhaps the die was cast when Kodaka chose to outsource Danganronpa 3 rather than direct it; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his games. The Danganronpa series might be anti-/u/ (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Stein's Gate series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least DR2 was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I read, I noticed that the ideas of "hope" and "despair" were even more overtly obnoxious than it had ever been in the previous game's climax.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time those words was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Kodaka's mind is so governed by cliches and dead references that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Danganronpa by the same Kotaro Uchikoshi. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Danganronpa at 13 or 14, then when they get older they will go on to play Zero Escape." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play Danganronpa you are, in fact, trained to play Uchikoshi games.

Amahoshi is a shit pairing too you retard. Same with Amaguji which is just them being sluts.

What's the AAfags' endgame?

Make Kodaka sad and get him to revive Amami

Fuck off I said. He's not for any of those characters. Why are you doing this to him? Only post Amaguji, Amatojo, or Amahoshi art or fuck off.

Shut the fuck up.

Fuck off.

Now I know you're baiting. He would only hang out with Shinguji and Hoshi. Alomg witk Tojo.

If you wanted more Amami ship pics you should have just asked

There's a cool-looking AA game out set in the past Japan with Ouma's VA as the protag but it's never getting translated

Did you expect me not to bait you with you so easy to leap at it? Goodness, you are a little daft!

With what little the game gives us, Amami isn't interesting at all. It's what the game doesn't give us that makes him interesting. I don't like Amami, but I'm interested in how he'll relate to TDR and I'm willing to give him a chance to be interesting.

If Mitarai's disgusting dirty paws even brushed her clothes I'll slit his fucking throat.

You're funny, bait-kun!

Is this a pasta?

Stop posting Amami with kids. It makes him look like a fucking pedo. Post him with Shinguji, Tojo or Hoshi or don't post him at all. Fucking retards.

Die.

This is even more infuriating. Why are you fagsaa so insufferable?

Nah!

Who's baiting who now? i feel like the amamifags are more embarrassing either way

Hoshi's a little busy.

Wait for DRFighter for Amami development.

I feel like angry Amamifag is being satirical, but this is a definite case of Poe's law.

His finisher is that he summons his little sisters to beat his enemy because they're stronger than he ever was

>nisa conserves anime noises like mikan's 'fuyuu'/'hawawa' or nidai's 'muuu'
>korekiyo's 'kukuku' is changed to 'kekeke' and yumeno's 'nhaa' is changed to the less cute sounding 'nyeee'

These changes seem arbitrary? Maybe I'm just too much of a purist...

>Fucking kys retard. He wouldn't care about Kaede. He only hangs out with cool people like Shinguji, Tojo and Hoshi. Neck yourself
Canonically wrong.

>implying they don't run up to the opponent with dynamite attached to their bodies

>taking a shitposter seriously
Omafags are autistic. More on 11

Legit curious if that's gonna be happening or not because if it were I'd be down.

Please don't throw random words together

Can we post smiles that worth our lives?

>'RANTARO-NII-NIII~ SUICIDE ATTAAAACK
>KABOOM

Morbidly hilarious kek

Different translators maybe, I think the guy behind DR2 left after the release

Amami would never EVER hang out with Saihara, Kaede, Angie, Tenko, Iruma, Gonta, Ouma, Kaito, Tsumugi, Kiibo, Yumeno and Maki as they all are too immature for him and he doesn't like any of them. Now one last time. Fuck off with this shit.

Ouma seemed to like Hoshi..

This smile is particularly adorable to me.

Every time I see this picture, my mood immediately plummets. Thanks for that

Make them do all sorts of crazy shit, but have them be invincible like Toko in UDG.

>The only consistently enjoyable part of the game was the retarded bullshit that Komaeda pulled and then they killed him off not even to bring him back for the last case
You must be drinking a lot of acid to make yourself believe Komaeda made the game better. Rival characters are the stupidest concept to ever happen to danganronpa, just a way for Kodaka to jerk off to how edgy he's making the series while having guaranteed fujodollars at his side. Seriously, you have no creative juices running if you're only option for making the trials more fun and complicated is by inserting someone who ISN'T there to help to solve the mystery because lol it makes the trials harder and makes the story "deeper". It's not even counting for the fact that I wasn't serious and you just got Ouma'd

So where would this fighting game go anyways? PS4 only?

His finisher is crashing his family's boat on the opponent with his sisters on board.

I can't bring myself to rate it that low because of the genuine bonds you start to feel with the characters. Cases are way more fun that Ace Attorney and is full of funny moments. Maybe it's inherently flawed but it floats my boat.

Ouma is the one who extended it.

That scene doesn't count. Amami was just bored because Shinguji, Tojo and Hoshi were busy.

You're literally shitposting at this point. Fuck off.

>things probably would have been fine if Kuzuryuu just talked to anyone
>that complete 180 on Peko's character then doing another 180 after the trial was over all because Kuzu was being a shit

What?

>baiting amamiautists into image dumping some loser nobody character

Both sides are pretty bad

Well Kodaka said multiple times that he wants to make one if he ever touches DR again so we'll have to wait and see.

Then what's he doing with these guys who aren't Korekiyo, Kirumi or Ryoma?
Don't bully Fuyuhiko, he's just tsun.

I don't really get exactly but you're saying but I get the gist of it.

Though Koizumi should have known better than to get too touchy with a yakuza. They'll take people to the car crusher and leave you inside or beat people to death if you get in their bad sides.
Though in her defense, she had no idea that Kuzu had an accomplice on the island.

I'm willing to wait for it! I love fighters and I love DR, so a combination would definitely be something I'd buy.

You're really fun to play with, Bait-kun!

>image dumping some loser nobody character
But nobody was posting Saihara

>Don't bully Fuyuhiko, he's just tsun.

I'm bullying the inconsistent character writing forcing a motivation that doesn't make much sense if you analyze it

Kaito literally begged for him to come.

Fuck off.

At least google the yakuza and some japanese culture before applying american logic to a japanese game

All you're actually doing is being annoying to people not involved

>Cases are way more fun that Ace Attorney
Taste this shit must be criminal

You know it will suck

I don't give a flying shit, they completely changed Peko's character just to fit the chapter, even if it's supposedly culturally relevant doesn't make it less stupid

You guys are stupid, kys Amami hates Kaede, he's too cool for her, Kaede is a loser, perfect for someone like me. -Shuichi Saihara

I'd still play desu.

I'm convinced you're just bored now Shitposter-kun.

Agreed 100%. Finally someone on these threads with actual brains.

It doesn't matter if they changed Peko's character, whether you agree or not, it makes sense anyways because the excuse is always "she way pretending".

So you admit you're cuckhara?