/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General/

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #873 - Galacnik Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dA95EZt_LYw?t=8m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=iAEYDDd0w4E
youtube.com/watch?v=9ykLCKkEjQw
youtube.com/watch?v=i1rQbicpEeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mobians are for sexual.

how do I get good at blue sphere

In the Archie comics, Amy Rose was a kid who read the Archie comics and wrote in to their fan-mail section, and Robotnik kidnapped her by stealing the fan-mail and getting her address from the letter

git gud

>Mobians

>hates puyo puyo
What a fag.

I want Metal Sonic to be happy.

New thread & Knuckles

Reposting my shadow. I decided also to discontinue doing redesigns, I'll draw them like they are from now on

>tfw still worried about Forces Switch
At least it wont be as bad as this shit
youtu.be/dA95EZt_LYw?t=8m14s
The bar has been set very fucking low.

>Mean Bean Machine
this was OK back in the day, but the game is called Puyo Puyo.

DESTINY

LIES BEFORE YOU

Not until Sonic is dead.

Hmm, I actually like the thinner outline. The Shadow expression is pretty good too. Not bad, user!

Be real though, Mania is referencing Mean Bean Machine and Puyo Puyo wouldn't be in the game if they never localized it like that.

The only reason the boss exists is because of Mean Bean Machine.

Thanks! I'm just bidding my time, cause I have to wait until the 29th for mania ;-;

I'm gonna post these again cause it's late and last time I did everyone ignored me. And I've been lazy that I haven't gone to design any other zones since

I'll do Oil Ocean later cause that got in Mania

Puyo Pop if you're not a weeaboo.

>Your waifu
>A badnik you want them trapped inside of

Keep going +16.

For whoever makes the next thread, this edition is actually 874.

>until the 29th for mania
I feel your pain m8

>Those thighs
Damn

This is actually thread #874 since OP of last thread forgot to change the number.

That blue rat looks happy

So has there been any word or comment about transitions between stages stopping halfway through the game?

I wonder how Amy feels about there being 2 sonics?
Which one does she like better? The modern one or the Classic one she first fell for?

>Classic Sonic

The fuck you think she is, a pedo?

She'd go for whichever one didn't shove her ass away immediately.

Maybe.
She has a lot of creepy traits to be honest.

Heavy Magician is my boyfriend.

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

She's 12

So neither.

You mean girlfriend.

My headcanon is that she's a boy, specifically my Boyfriend.

THATS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE ___fast___

That was a pretty cool visual gag in #25.

Your headcanon is a dud.

>this is canon now

This guy is faster than Sonic!

I don't think Tails has a right to be freaked out when he's got two of something he shouldn't have two of.

TIP TO ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH SPECIAL STAGE 7

JUST STAY IN MACH 2 AND COLLECT RINGS, MACH 3 IS TOO FUCKING FAST AND YOULL JUST GO OFF COURSE LIKE AN ASSHOLE

MACH 2 CAN CATCH UP IF YOURE NOT RETARDED

So look around you and tell me what you really see

WELCOME TO YOUKOSO TWINKLE PARK!

youtube.com/watch?v=iAEYDDd0w4E

Who else /stillnodeliveryestimate/ here? I seriously hope that Amazon didn't mess up because it's the PC version.

laptop, monitor, headphones, harmonica, a piece of quartz, a sonic adventure 2 action figure, a picture of Jazz, and an empty water bottle

Blue Spheres
youtube.com/watch?v=9ykLCKkEjQw

fuck that just gonna play on steam with a controller, cause i don't gotta worry about UPS garbage.

how do I unlock Sanic mode in mania

>Sonic gets cucked into some Sky Chase shit that everybody hates for almost the entire first act of Mirage Saloon
>Knuckles gets an entire act dedicated to himself custom tailored to his unique abilities
ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF 'EM

>Knuckles hasn't been playable for over 10 years
>Last playable appearance was 06
>Last 2D appearance was Advance 3, 2004
>Last relevant appearance was Heroes
>Last time he was relevant to the plot was SA2

>In Mania he gets his own story mode and reconstructs him back into the character everybody fell in love with back in '94

Use the purple gem to warp spacetime, go back to when you were a kid, and grow up with S3K.

Foolproof plan.

You know, after the story leaks I was worried it might've dampened my enjoyment of the game knowing it was connected to Forces, but all it is is a pose at the end of the true ending. It's so non-intrusive and the story is charming and GODDAMN this game is fucking incredible. Now all we needed was less pandering and more new zones.

Robotnik is the true hero of the """Sonic""" universe. Clean energy robots, modernizing the world. COme on now

Some anons couldn't even do this shit as a kid.

Gaijins doing what bazooka don't.

>the story is charming
When it's actually in the game. The lack of focus on the story was almost as detrimental as Generations'. I only say this compared to S3&K, which had some God tier direction for a Genesis platformer

Fuck off, roBUTTnik!

>Still not a Knuckles final stage
Thanks Iisuka

Eh, considering how non-story there is on the classics (barring 3K), I felt it was par for the course. As a CDfag, I got more than I expected, really.

It's a fucking Sonic game. The story's just there to give you an excuse to run through colorful levels

>Knuckles gets his own routes
>they're the best designed levels in the game

What is it about Knuckles that promotes good gameplay?

who the fuck cares about story, Adventure faggot

She's probably very happy about it.

To be fair, that doesn't excuse it. Especially when other Genesis games have done a better job at telling a story & level transitions

They don't really stop as much as they happen sometimes, and don't for others.

My least favorite occurence is when Mirage Saloon starts up and the trio is suddenly together, somehow.

Everything else is just "okay they're somewhere else, there wasn't a cool transition for some reason, but okay." But just at some point they all just met up, got in the tornado, and started heading... somewhere? Why? Do they even know where they're going?

In Sonic 2 it wasn't all that clear, but we eventually found it out it was necessary to reach Eggman's Wing Fortress.

Fuck I'm really perplexed about this.

Not really since you need no save mode

Yeah, Sonic 1 and CD were lacking in that regard, but 2 and &K had really great climaxes that pushed the games to their limits, especially Knuckles

The presentation and lack of certain polish make Mania just a bit lower than S3&K for me. Gameplay can only mean so much when there are like 5 games that have the same gameplay with tweaks now and then. That said, when it comes to gameplay I've been utterly spoiled by Sonic 3 Complete. Taxman and Headcannon better take some notes from that hack

He really is, and I still want a fucking explanation.

>about to get a perfect in blue sphere
>all rings collected, just gotta go back through a path I left
>suddenly I feel something touch me from behind
>my cat has decided she wants food now, so she's clawing at my shoulder
>get distracted and accidentally turn too early
>fail the stage
god fucking damn it

user, you don't have to be an Adventurefag to think a part of a game is lacking

It would've been better if they just didn't have all this. Just have it so that when you start the game, you start in Green hill and it works like Sonic 1. You beat a zone and bam, you're in the next one. You beat the game, the thing blows up, and the game congratulates you. No huss, no fuss. Either full ass it or don't bother, and frankly they should've done the latter

Mania has a lot of polish, and I can only imagine that if this game is successful, then mania 2 will polish what was missed.

I disagree, tbqh

what noises does he make, /sthg/?

BEERR BEERR

BLERRRR

I can only hope so. I'm glad this game was successful, but I hope it doesn't send the wrong messages to Sega. It kind of sucks hyping up the brand new Classic Sonic game to be the 3&K killer only for it to barely be on par with it. At this point, this is just the first step rather than the next major leap

Everything about Metallic Madness in Mania is 10/10. The music is jammin' and the first act boss put a huge smile on my face.

Wanted to finish it tonight, but I got squished 4 times in a row and game overed in the following level's act 2.

You can take him into the Egg Riviera battle via the level select code, and he has his own unique ending for it.

if Mania didn't even attempt a plot, I would've been severely disappointed. Just knowing that there's something here that actually continues to plot from S3K makes me happy.

Who the fuck knows when CD takes place anymore. I still want to assume it's sometime before 2, so that it doesn't interfere with the Death Egg Saga.

Hey guys remember the time Knuckles fought a retarded King Boo knockoff.

Classic Sonic is 15. They didn't age him down. Modern Sonic is just suppose to be 17 as of Generations, but they never update character bios.

How many feet?

high quality rip edition
youtube.com/watch?v=i1rQbicpEeE

Holy shit, how do we unlock Level Select?

when DOESN'T CD take place user?

PS4 or Switch?

It's still most likely to be prior to 2, just because it wouldn't make any sense for it to take place between or God forbid after the Death Egg trilogy

Before 1

It's a button input code i've been trying to figure out all day. Supposedly on the Switch at least, you can even do it from the No Save selection, allowing you to carry & Knuckles or the different movesets into level select, but I can't figure out what's truth or fiction at this point.

Crisper on PS4
Switch has some odd, but not game-breaking performance issue
Switch is portable

I dunno user, whichever you want. I just bought it for everything I had.

It definitely doesn't take place after the Death Egg trilogy. Little Planets return in this game isn't even suppose to be because of timer fuckery from the Ruby, it just was already here for it's yearly visit. I can buy a year taking place between CD, 2 and 3&K.

Found a glitch in Hydrocity act 2

At the second phase of the boss, when eggsman comes up and down the stage, spin dash, and you'll hit him and not take damage.

>Infinite
>Shadow
>Eggman
Sonic's speed is a lie!

Well as you mentioned, this is very likely gonna be the beginning of much more, so I can forgive Mania for some of its faults. Besides, if Mania has all original stages, better presentation & another playable character (Amy pls), I think Mania 2 could be the best classic-styled game.

CD very likely takes place after 1 & before 2. No other place I can really see it taking place at this point.

>The Sonic Mega Drive comic tried to imply it was after 3&K.

NO.

Wait do we need to find timeline placements for the fucking gamegear titles now?

apparently the switch version has framedrops in the special stages, but honestly it should probably come down to which gamepad you prefer

The GG games could use some love.

The Sonic Timeline:
Flicky->SegaSonic the Hedgehog -> Sonic 1 -> Sonic CD -> Sonic 2 -> Sonic 3 & Knuckles -> Sonic Mania

>Switch has framerate drops in the special stages
>Switch can't handle sega saturn graphics

Oh nintendrones, when will you learn :)

That makes sense. The only real fuckup is why Angel Island is sunk again and why Knuckles doesn't give a fuck about it

In spirit a Mania 2 would be gureito, but only in spirit and not execution. I don't think people would appreciate a new Classic game that pulls for nostalgia even more. Look what happened with Mega Man 10

Game Gear titles were made by different people and don't really have any rhyme or logic to them. As far as this series is concerned the only important games are the Genesis trilogy and CD

>Amy.

Why? I do not understand why people even want this. I have played as Amy in both Advance and Adventure, and she's just Sonic but without the curl and an awful short-range attack.

Call me a purist piece of shit, but I don't think she'd belong in a Classic game anyway, though if they incorporated her in, then her unique air action could be a hammer spin ala Kirby or something. She'd have to have a natural curl and spindash though, since the other 3 characters have that.

I definitely see her probably being more important in Mania 2 though. I doubt her doll cameo was for shits and giggles.

Well if Mania is going to incorporate Silver Sonic, Bean, Park, and Fang/Nack then it would only be fair to slip the games they're from into the timeline.

Well, maybe they could try to evolve the classic gameplay style a little, so it wouldn't be seen as "relying too much on nostalgia." But how would one go about doing that?

>I do not understand why people even want this.
Because people like Amy. Same reason why people wanted Metal as a playable character.