They are bad and they should feel bad

It's not the same anymore. Everything feels fake and uninspired.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZNvHXyl8Yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It has always been scripted. But in the earlier days they their budget was pretty small. So they were quite restrained. Now they have massive budgets they can cock around more however with their more extravagant budget when they do these large bits it feels more forced and scripted because it's no longer as believeable as what they did with their restricted budget.

Yet, people will defend this piece of shit.
Even MotorTrend free stuff is miles better than anything they put out since their split, or the new trio, Chris Harris, Guy from Friends and Nignog.

Their "humour" is limited to mocking other countries, dressing like Drumpf and being old.

That's how it's always been, you've just grown up. It's like all the old nerds bitching about the new star wars movies not being the same, because you watched the original ones when you were a fucking kid.

The best part of their show on tv and on the internet they were a bad show.
It was not a car show anymore, just a celeb show like oprah but instead of the regular table in front of the couch it had an engine on the bottom.

>The best part of their show on tv and on the internet they were a bad show.
Replace best with most to make sense

hurrr the trio
hurr but Clarkson said this
hahaha so funny he's short

I thought S2 was actually good until ep 4. Didn't finish watching ep 5 and 6, nor do I plan to, and didn't check out the ones after that

CHM finally died for me, even though I've been really looking forward for S2

Still makes absolutely no fucking sense

The show is fine. Old jag episode and the lancia documentary were brilliant but I just wish they'd get rid of that stupid celebrity bullshit.

Look at the bright side. People used to incessantly parrot Clarkson and play it off as their own opinion. Now that it's not as good, you hardly see that anymore.

Still better than the new (((diverse))) top gear

Did anyone used to watch that segment in the old show? I've always skipped It cause it was really boring.

At least they talk about cars in Top Gear.

everyone skipped SIARPC

It'll never be the same as old Top Gear but, its still good.

They're old. They need to stop before it's too late.

I just want more solo James May stuff. Reassembler series 3. More Big Ideas. More documentaries on the history of the everyman's car. Fuck, even more of him getting drunk with Oz. Literally don't give a shit about the other two.

The new post-Evans Top Gear honestly feels like Fifth Gear with TG budget, in a good way.

At least there was one good episode (S02E07).

They have been on the decline for a while now, you can see it back when they did Top Gear and it has been the consensus for a while. GT is basically more of the same with more budget, I don't know why anyone expected anything else.

The first 10 seasons of TG were brilliant, and after that it stagnated and was only worth watching for the specials and the cheap car challenges.

I honestly don't have an issue with this. Chris Harris has had a cult following for a very long time and it is good that he is getting a wider audience. Only watched a few episodes, but that Rory guy seems pretty decent. Sabine was on old TG quite a few times and everyone liked her then, plus she can actually drive so isn't just a token woman.

it got a little better, imo. S2 E9 went back downhill.

I watched the celeb bits. Def not my favorite part, but it felt less staged/scripted in the conversation. Introducing an outsider breaks up the monotony a bit, and some of the guests are fairly entertaining.

after yet another fucking episode talking about Jags im getting fed up

they NEVER came off as shills on BBC but thats all out the window now

u cant fucking tell me its all a coincidence that literally this entire fucking season has been 1 big Jaguar history refresh, on top of the fucking celebrity car too

They lost a lot of the creative rights when they split from BBC. Now they have to start from zero

There are still some kino segments when they actually focus on cars

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZNvHXyl8Yo

Yeah, like what? Stig jokes?

They do feature a lot of Jags, and all 3 like them, but I don't think they've made any good case for people to buy one. I wouldn't be surprised if Jag was a sponsor, or donated the celeb car.

This chap right here is better than the three old farts.
Prove me wrong.

it already was lacking a bit, you're just noticing it now
i still find it entertaining for now however

like, keeping track on a board of how fast the celebs are around the track

i don't mind the celeb part, i just wish they kept track off times on the show.

the lancia doco was awesome, definitely need more stuff like that.

Agreed. He deserves his own television show all dedicated to himself. However, he does have his own segment on Top Gear’s YouTube titled “Chris Harris drives”

>watching topgear for cars
this was your mistake

This. I watch neither top gear or the grand tour for the cars. I watch it to be entertained, and on some rare instances I learn something about cars or see something cool.

Yeah, worst part about this is they can't just copy their own formula, and it sounds like they don't have enough pull to get actual celebrities. Since their segments have to have two people in a comparable category, it's always a B-List actor and a literal who. SIARPC used to be entertaining enough to not bother skipping through IMO, almost always the low point of the episode.

butthurt murrishart detected

GT/TG employee detected.

TG was made for a British audience, GT is made for an American audience and Americans are incredibly easy to entertain.

BBC writers were more important than these old farts.

Fucking BBC had to go all lefty pinky. They could probably have found three funny blokes into cars if they weren't aiming for SJW bullshit.

Ironic, I'm sure they were forced to include the celebrity bits to broaden appeal to America, Hollywood obsessed as they are, and they've only managed to get a handful of even notable celebrities.

Fuck all the super car reviews. I couldn't give less of a shit about some Saudi billionaire's commuter car. Who the fuck jizzes over that stuff?

More old car challenges. More road trips in shitboxes. That is where the fun is at.

Somebody fuck Jeremy’s shit up
He’s already halfway there

This, also why don't they ever seem to feature GM cars? New Corvette, Camaro, next gen Cadillac CTS-V and ATS-V.
I don't know maybe I'm just being a fanboy.

maybe GM hasn't offered to give them press cars for the show yet

because these are dumb burger shitboxes

Well it's a dumb burger show.

I would assume it is a pain in the ass for them to get them to the UK, along with their pretty strongly Euro audience.

>Even MotorTrend
>Falling for the roadkill meme
I see enough people rotting 'Rods' on a daily basis here, I don't need to see more people 'Modifying' cars.

Jaguars? In my British TV?

This. This right here is why Roadkill took off. Watching dudes talk about the latest Lamborghini? Informative, if a bit boring. Watching dudes buy a muscle car straight out of a junk yard and try to road trip that shit across the country on a budget of about 6k? Now THATs entertainment!

they basically shat on Jags every time they were mentioned though

Still way more fun than Top Gear. Heck I don't even like American cars and still find it entertaining.

Fuck off Roadkill is GOAT Tier.
They don't explain what a distributor is, because the audience already knows that. It's an uncompromising show by car guys for car guys.

Whatever you say cleetus I'm sure the White trash at the swap meet also like to see rusted out scrap heaps as well.

>Now THATs entertainment!
Maybe if your second cousin is also your uncle.

this.
but who will take up the torch?
>hamtaro
idk if he has that type of leading star quality, also too many crush i think he's a little gunshy now
>our guy
no
>furry car reviews
no
>roadkill
warmer
>MCM
colder buy maybe just mahrty?
>chrisfix here
YES

Just realised which one ep4 was; the one I stopped watching halfway through and never returned. I'll give the rest another try because of but they were really taking the piss with 4.

It's also attainable for the every-man. Joe Schmo could do that shit if he wanted, so it's relatable.
>spend $1500 on a junkheap
>bring home to work on with beer n buddies over the weekend
>

The jag episode was bretty gud, and the rally history one as well. Otherwise meh.

You're supposed to be amused by watching The Grand Tour, you don't watch it to look out for next shitbox that FIAT is launching. It's a show in it's very essence, not a bargains catalog.

They're be better if they just brought out a single 2 hour special every 6 months or a year.

Chris is too young, seems a little camera shy too

wait is that why they dont show the fucking overall celeb records?

jesus christ the segment has gotten so cring as it goes on cause they just throw up a number, then say the next one and have to look at a sheet to compare prior records

>check latest season of BBC's Grand Tour
>they have an 90/early 00's american TV star of a meme show
>a token black
>a token woman
>fired any "comedians" who might upset a demographic with bantz

except they literally went to the US like 4-5 segments this season alone

also check clarkson's twitter feed, he's still touring right now in various countries, money isnt an option

you just described the fucking History Channel Top Gear

the reason they had to do that is cause they had no fucking budget

theres only so many fucking episodes in 1 season of "we each had $300 an this is what we found" bullshit

>the jag episode
>implying only 1 episode of season 2 featured a jag

is this a giggle m7?

it was never this amazing (great though), you just think that because you only remember good bits. there was a lot good bits through like 18 seasons of top gear, tgt has only two seasons so far. they're doing great

They are trying so hard, the editing is shit, its forced, are too old to have an imagination.

Probably nothing excites them anymore.

Cant wait for them to die off already lul

US top Gear was better towards the end.

the jaggiest episode. old jags. jags that fell apart every 20 miles.

was the one before they then came back with an opening film talking about the "fastest car in the world in he early 90s" which also featured a jag?

or no wait, you mean the one with the really old jags, so that was the one before the "really expensive classic jags" right?

oh okay so ur talking about 3 episodes ago that featured a full length film segment about jags, on top of each episode having celebrity in a new affordable jag segment

okay just wanted to clarify which episode of Jag Tour you were talking about

Hello, Tanner

the old xjr seem to be a nice car if you can accept to have 400hp and 1wd.

i liked/loved season two, most of it was better than their newer tguk 2010-2015 which was getting very tired indeed

the jetski episode was absolute kino

Veeky Forumsur/ guy

those cars are sold in Europe.

Its how you separate the boys from the men.
t. Man who still enjoys the show.

If you were ever watching TG/GT for the dialogue then you are a HUGE FAGGOT

It's always been about auto cinematography and dope new cars.

the one with the jags. are you even listening?

suck amazons cock

right i was just trying to figure out which episode of this season with jags you were referring to, its getting hard to differentiate them apart

i feel like the easiest way to sum them up is

"these old jags broke down a bunch an we kept switching them" episode

"these old jags are classics and great an we shut down a city to race them around yet at the end May made it known they're not street legal anymore so anyone buying them are idiots" episode

"remember when this early 90s jag was the fastest car in the world?" episode

i think there was 2-3 other episodes too but being that the last 3 so far this season have been the most egregious it got unnoticeable

oh also i forgot to mention that also within each of those episodes there was the weekly "star in a reasonably priced jag" segments as well

>dope new cars

fuck you must be 15 or 14

it's always been shit, you just didn't know anything about cars before it told you what to think about them.

>a little camera shy
he can be the disembodied soapy wooder narrator
takes pressure off hamtaro, and since he's senior can still lead the segments until olditis gets him
>also all the best talk shows have cheeky bantz with the narrator
however hamtaro and mahrty would also need some sort of autistic androgynous sidekick for the brotrio of p/o/wer
suggestions?

>That's how it's always been

You can literally watch old TG on youtube and see this isn't the case. The trio clearly started to devolve around 10 years ago. Budget, terrible writing and pandering

Stelvio episode.

F I N A L L Y
I
N
A
L
L
Y

You probably went into it with your mind already made up.

No, it was objectively awesome even through the last season. All charm is now gone. They need to return to the BBC or they are history.

The magic is gone
They've lost their je ne sais quoi
Especially sad when you consider top gear was the only good tv show yurop has ever produced.

Fucking absolute state of Jewish lawyers
> We want to do a friendly competition for lap times, well call it a celebrity time trial
> Oy veeyyyy, we own the right to have people drive around a track and write the results down on a chalkboard. You can't let them do that, we'd be finished. Finished!

The new celebrity item is terrible. And this season lacked a good special. I like the historical stuff like the lancia vs audi item. Although I disliked the way they made Lancia look like an absolute villain.

Watched the first 20 minutes and I literally want to kill myself.

A FUCKING TESLA AD

>being this in denial
"Nothing ever really gets better or worse, you're just getting old"
kys faggot

Finished.

Absolutely one of the worst episodes EVER in the whole fucking series.

I waited for 10 episodes to see some Alfa Romeo bant for NOTHING. KYS.