Japanese news: imasnews765.com
Official upcoming events schedule: idolmaster.jp/schedule/index.php
Streaming music: shijou.moe/imas-radio
Material translations and discographies: pastebin.com/D34BvNuJ
Character birthdays: pastebin.com/pvwsEbjQ
Upcoming events and merchandise: pastebin.com/yu6rrC2t

New here? Check out the FAQ and Resource Links: pastebin.com/icRtaLvv

STARLIGHT STAGE:
>Event: 08/12 - 08/19 Live Party (Tokiko, Miyako)
>Gacha: 08/15 - 08/18 Type Boxes
Cards: starlight.kirara.ca
Tracker: twitter.com/deresuteborder0
Database/Resources: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1piHtf1IziDOKwRZQ3fPBXrFOd0tItW7pf2Kjqf_jkM8

THEATER DAYS:
>Event: 08/12 - 08/21 Platinum Star Theater "Shooting Stars" (Shiho, Akane)
>Gacha: 08/09 ~ 08/22 (Emily, Karen, Ritsuko)
Cards: imas.gamedbs.jp/mlth
Tracker: twitter.com/imas_ml_td

LIVE ON ST@GE:
Prereg: prereg.bn-ent.net/common/serial.php?app=imas_mstage

NEWS:
- TD Update (Aug 15th): - Wild Wind Girl chapter 16 raw: onwards
- CG 5thLIVE @SSA Day 2 report: - Upcoming streams (Aug 15th): - TD commus raw (Aug 15th): - SM Animate Girls' Festival merch: - SS Update (Aug 15th): - KR various songs video: - SM Update (Aug 15th): - CG 6th Election voices are late: >Archive of : archive.is/AvbFq
- ML 1stLIVE streams on Aug 19th/20th at 6PM JST: - CG Theater 949 raw: - SS commus raw (Aug 16th): - TD event status (Aug 16th): + Multiplier Added

UPCOMING:
Aug 16th, 9PM JST: CG stream: nico.ms/lv303618879
Aug 19th: U149 volume 1 release event
Aug 19th/20th, 6PM JST: ML 1stLIVE streams: Aug 20th: KR 2nd live in Japan

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SSR_sy/status/897600926562873344
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4sPkS8b62Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your birthday is over, you ugly little shit.

CUTE SLAG.

Is this the thread where we call each other cunts and say oi a lot

Alright. I got Rin in my house. How do I tell her I want to sniff her feet?

You wot m8.

Keito!

Am I thinking of Aussies?

I'm down.

You first go see a mental health professional. You shouldn't be seeing fictional characters in your house.

Oh ye

twitter.com/SSR_sy/status/897600926562873344

Looks like Chihiro unintentionally installed a Portrait Mode MV viewer in Deresute. Wait, what do you mean it's a bug? It's clearly a feature.

yes

Oi just want sum tea'n crumpets guvnor

Copying TD again I see...

Hibiki is the Australian Shitposting idol

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4sPkS8b62Q

Mango.

Huh, so those spinny thingies are actually an asset that's independent from the background.

Yes.
So am I

Holy shit it's Emi lewds

Too bad this shit doesn't work on Android.

Don't worry, the one thing SS will never be able to copy is TD's grossing ranking.

They could if they released a New Wave gacha for an entire month

Nah.

>TD with it's first major event and a 765 Allstar Gacha
>Still loses out to an Emi/Type Memebox gacha with a SS filler event

They wouldn't even be able to make a dent against New Wave.

Any rooms, eurobros?

>765 Allstar Gacha
Emily is not an OG

That's an old bug.

Not like a 765 AS Gacha helps much.

The Legendary >121 was during an Azusa Gacha. A swimsuit one at that.

To be fair, it was a real fucking ugly Azusa SSR.
I really doubt the reason TD is so low in the rankings is because of the characters anyway, but how few people play it at this point. For a game that supposedly hit 4 million downloads, this sort of thing is a big red flag.

I knew I should have started with Love Live early. Now it's too late, and both SS and TD are dead. Fuck

LIVE ON STAGE BABY
#1 TOP GROSSING ON DAY FUCKING ONE, CALLING IT NOW
ALL OTHER IDOLSHIT NEEDS TO FUCK OFF, FOR IT DOESN'T COMPARE
SIDEM ALWAYS WINS

I get such a feeling from hearing Kaori say "Haamoni"

wtf i love μ'sic now

You could do this for a long time on Android by simply locking the screen orientation.

For me it's the ああ in Hummingbird and BNT

>For a game that supposedly hit 4 million downloads, this sort of thing is a big red flag.
They need to start adding fucking content to the game at a steady pace first of all. Also give us a way to appreciate the card art more. As much as I respect their effort with all the 3D work, 2D card art still has way more personality than 3D models. I personally don't care to roll in TD as much as I do in SS because I barely get anything out of an SSR besides the MV model.

Maybe they could do a sort of thing where you can set a card to your title page? Or they could just steal it directly from SS and have them be at your home menu instead of the theater. The theater lost its charm after a few days anyway

Are we complaining about TD because it has too little content gated behind gacha?
What the fuck?

Not really, it's more of a desire to increase the importance cards have in general in TD.

Just the usual shitposters coming up with new stuff to shit on TD.

I'm complaining just to complain.

Increasing the importance of cards increases the dependence on gacha. Why would you want this if you aren't on Scamco's payroll?

Personally, I love that TD allows me to earn new costumes just by playing the game and not opening my wallet.

The way some of you get hurt over any criticism of TD, it's as if you had a hand in making this.
Though I suppose that could explain a lot.

You're gonna have to open up that wallet eventually anyways to get the Event SR outfit of your favorite.

>Why would you want this if you aren't on Scamco's payroll?
Because it gives you more reason to roll for a card? Do you think cards should not have multiple voice lines and should be only viewable once or something?

Card collection is a core mechanic of this game. Not just by gacha, but you also get them from events. And you barely ever see these cards, and they have very little dialogue unique to the card.

You want this if you don't want the game to die. Scamco isnt running a charity

Right right I suppose we should buy the CD singles too.

>It's a core mechanic of the game
>You barely see them
Make your mind up.

Personally I think the story and song gameplay are the core mechanics here and both of those are fine.

>>You barely see them
When did anyone say this

Card awakening commus, blog posts and the interaction unlocked by liking said blog is enough for me to be honest.

>have them be at your home menu
Isn't this how pretty much all gacha games do it anyways? I still like the theater, and they should keep it, but it needs to be separated from the main menu. The ability to login and immediately see an idol's pretty limited artwork as well as hear her special lines is what really incentivizes me to spend in SS. Another thing I would like is the ability to speak to any idol in the theater at any time I want. It's annoying how everything is a dice roll right now. Yeah I get it makes it feel more natural, but I would still like the option to talk to my favorites when I want.

>Make your mind up.
Regular gacha additions that the game literally lives on. Hell, not A core mechanic, but more like THE core mechanic. Without gacha, all these games of this nature would be gone.
And yet those cards that people pay shit tons of money for don't play much of a part outside outfits and stats.

>story and song gameplay are the core mechanics
This IS still a mobage, you know?
Yes, story and gameplay are important but collection is the stuff that bring in the dosh.
That's just how it is.

>Isn't this how pretty much all gacha games do it anyways?
Yeah, it just makes me wish TD had something like it. I'd much rather have my favorite idols talk to me than having to be stuck with a 60% chance to get idols I don't care about and a 10% chance to get idols I hate. I'd rather have a 100% chance to talk to idols I like.

>all these games of this nature would be gone
What nature are you talking about?
CCGs? No shit.
Im@s games? They don't need it.

>Im@s games? They don't need it.
I sure hope you're not including any of the current mobile iM@S games here.

What brings in the dosh are whales and those motherfuckers have no standards anyway, they don't want more features they just have a burning passion to collect their waifus.
Honestly, Scamco isn't concerned with the $10 you'd spend when each whale is paying Scamco's yearly budgets.

I'm saying that the series did just fine for a decade without forcing people to play cardslots to get the content in the games.

>Im@s games? They don't need it.
All six mobile iM@S games rely on this to make dough
If you're going to remove the collecting / gacha element, you better find a way to make as much money as it would with the gacha

The console games are not what we're talking about here.
Do you really not understand the difference between that and mobile gacha games?

Well I have no numbers so I'm just talking out of my ass but I have to imagine that all the games are doing fine or better but besides making money on their own they'll do a good job of advertising the other merch, CDs and live events which make even more money.

It's like with kid's cartoons, they don't make money themselves but they sure make the kids want to buy the cheap plastic toys.

>comparing raising-simulator games built for consoles centered around a small group of girls to a rhythm game built for mobile systems centered around a large group of girls (and boys, I see you SideM)
Why

>I see you SideM
Of course you do, user. Of course you do.

I do understand but it blows my mind to see you, a consumer, complaining that your games aren't gouging you for enough money.

You could argue that console games need to cut more content out of the disc and sell it as DLC because the publishers need to make money, don't they?
How does that make the game better for me though?

I'm not interested in Scamco's financials, I just want to play a good game.

They are doing fine, even the old shit for the most part, and they're doing fine because they get suckers to use real money to gamble for cards.
This is what iM@S is now. Especially if we don't get another console game now, it's all iM@S will be.

I need the game to stay profitable so I can keep getting more content. That's why I'm hoping they'll do better in this regard. Not a very difficult concept.

>wanting cards to have more importance and voice lines in TD like every other gacha = complaining that your games aren't gouging you for enough money
I really don't understand the connection here. If you really don't like the idea of card / character collecting, why the fuck are you playing a gacha?

I don't think you need to worry about Imas dying overnight because TD wasn't ripping people off hard enough.

Yet TD is not doing so hot compared to similar games even besides SS. The majority of players are casual players. They don't spend much individually, but as a collective they still spend a very significant amount. As long as you give them a good reason to spend, that is.

Because I like the non-gacha content.
I like that the events are fully voiced and don't rely on money or chance to unlock.
Why not just ask for more voice lines instead of asking for more card voice lines?
Why don't you just want the game in general to be better?

>why the fuck are you playing a gacha?
Because Platinum Stars is terrible.

Not him but I play mainly for the music and commus. Gacha is a cancer akin to cut content DLC in the level of scumminess, but I deal with it because I have to. I don't want more of an emphasis on cards because that doesn't benefit me, a player who will only spend the free jewels I accumulate on a handful of idols.

Also to add to this, all this going on a tangent made me forget the first point.
It's far from
>complaining that your games aren't gouging you for enough money
when something like being able to see a card better and more frequently and getting more voiced lines out of one card will help even an F2P player who ranks on events and saves jewels to roll.

Because it'll give you more incentive to play, not just roll. Are you completely forgetting event cards? And just because you're not paying, are you not going to roll at all? Aren't you ever going to have SSRs of your own?

>Why not just ask for more voice lines instead of asking for more card voice lines?
Because the point of discussion here is the card element of the game, and how it's very weak compared to every other gacha out there. Improving that element of the game does nothing but improve the experience for the company, and the player. Do you think having more voice lines in the game is bad or something?
>Why don't you just want the game in general to be better?
If you really want to change the topic that badly, we can always talk about how much of a complete mess TD is in the overall content department, and how it has only added a single song within the time span of almost two months.

good moms

>almost 2 months
It's been like a month and a half, and the newest song was added over half a week ago.

>Are you completely forgetting event cards? And just because you're not paying, are you not going to roll at all? Aren't you ever going to have SSRs of your own?
Well unless I misunderstood earlier complains, people were upset by the office instead of card backdrops.
For me the office just reminds me of the older games, I think it's great, cards are still there but it takes the emphasis away from them and just puts it back on the game itself.
I can almost forget I'm playing gacha shit and I love that.

I don't see the point in asking for more card content when you could ask for more voiced events or songs or costumes instead. Sure I accept that cards are part of the game, you need them to build teams and shit, I don't need to jack off to my collection though, I'm more interested in the actual game.

Because the more money a game makes the more content it will get and the more merch will be released.
Don't you want to get more figures, douins, bigger lives, etc?

What do you think "within the time span" means

It's deceitful wording, especially considering we're likely getting another song befote the two month mark.

>More money makes a game better
Oh user, whatever will you say next?

Six weeks to be exact. Way too long.

The older games you never play again and again for years. The old games had a set beginning and end. And even if you buy all the DLC, it'll end at some point.
Meanwhile, these games are designed to last. You're not supposed to play it for a few weeks and "finish". You're supposed to keep coming back on a regular basis, hopefully even several times daily. Variety is what helps in not burning out in these cases. Loading the game up and seeing the same theater after the nth time isn't that. At least if better customization was available, it would be something. But the simplest thing would be keeping card art in a more prominent location when you load the game up and have that particular idol talk to you.
Probably a bit too late to ask but is TD your first mobile gasha game?

I said almost two months, not two months exactly. Is two days of June, the entire month of July, and a little over half of August, not "almost two months"?
>considering we're likely getting another song
At this rate, we'll be lucky to see a new song by October.

New story commu and new song (possibly Thank You going by available data) is confirmed to come up sometime after the event. High time too considering it's one of the first songs they used to advertise the game.
But I won't be surprised if it's back to Theater Showtime -> Million Live Collection after that.

People keep forgetting scamco is more concerned about how to make you fork over cash

But that's wrong, there will be a new commu unlocking a new song after this event is over.

It's true though. There is a point of diminishing returns where people get greedy and just start pocketing the extra profits, but generally speaking, more revenue means management will pump more resources to the project bringing in said revenue.

No I understand the ideas very well, they want you logging in every day.
If they were clever they'd implement some kind of daily login bonus to encourage that, maybe daily missions also.
Maybe have regular events and new content.

But yeah I suppose it would be nice if you got a fresh JPG also.
I guess I can't complain about your demands.

Then I'm wrong. My bad.
Still, the rate we're getting songs is piss poor. Hopefully Thank You means "Thank You for beta testing, we're going to add content now." Especially considering that leaked song list.

Generally speaking more revenue means more cocaine fuelled hooker parties for management.

I'm sure Star Citizen will turn out amazing though.

>Maybe have regular events and new content.
This is something people have been complaining about for a long time.

Anyway, nothing we talk about here will mean jackshit. But hopefully, they'll realize that if a new game with a lot of fancy features and the iM@S brand on it is falling below top 100 app store ranking in a month, maybe just maybe they're doing something wrong.

Lovers.

Maybe the mobile audience are fickle and casual.
Maybe it's time to go back.
Back to arcade cabinets.