/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMB8H7lrOk8
gematsu.com/2017/08/dragon-quest-xi-sales-stronger-ps4-track-meet-lower-end-sales-target
hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/18q1outline.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dauntless is a Great game!

-Dylan Johnson

Oh boy, I can't wait to play Dauntless™ in : 2 Days.
A good thing I bought the Founder's Pack for $79.99 only!

>Putting bird wyverns in marathon quests in 2k17

Noodly thread.

I like it.

Niggarala

What's going on in this garbage thread?

You

We all wait for Dauntless™ on 18th

I miss 3rd gen.
4U sucked, Gen sucked.

*sighs*

Furfags. Again.

Try Dauntless, friend! It's only 79.99 and comes out on the 18th! It's exactly like MH3U!

-David Elliot

Which should I get first, MH4U or Generations? I've played Portable 3rd to death and I think it's time to buy a 3DS

4U for the fullest experience.

Regardless of XX actually being localized, 4U would be better as it's a complete experience. You would like Gen's QoL improvements more but to start fourth gen 4U is the better choice.

Don't forget to try Dauntless!

Fuck, this Dauntless Shillposting I started is really getting out of hand. Sorry guys.

Whatever.

>implying it wasn't me
Nice try, sweetie

Dauntless looks like utter dogshit.

0/10. Will not play.

>mfw World shills started to ironically shill Dauntless to take the spotlight away from them.

Is Dauntless a codeword for Worlds?

wat

what can you do from DB's brave counter? I noticed in videos that you can go into the spin but I'm having trouble figuring out the input. Playing the XX demo btw

Holy fuck, wife's striker is also a daughter's puncher : youtube.com/watch?v=UMB8H7lrOk8

You spin automatically when you perform the counter properly.
The brave dash has a GP on the startup.
Just enter brave mode and time the dash properly into the attacks that you want to counter.

It also restores some of your sharpness.

WE ARE HUNTERS!!!!

Does 3ds get more comfortable to hold with time or should I order the grip immediately?

cringe

gematsu.com/2017/08/dragon-quest-xi-sales-stronger-ps4-track-meet-lower-end-sales-target

Where were you when PS4 sells in Japan?

>Where were you when Dragon Quest sells in Japan?
Ftfy

*better on PS4

>Striker SnS Main
>-1

I appreciate the sentiment he's trying to push, but good god it's cheesy.

Jesus this is more cringy than the comments under 'proof of a hero' videos on youtube.

cringe

:D

>axe-looking hammers will never do cutting damage
>club-looking SnS and DBs will never do impact damage

in Freedom Unite, is the Black Katana MK1 a good early game weapon?

or can I do better?

While good at first it doesn't hold that well by mid-game plus the upgrade materials are a massive headache to get.

Anyone out there kind enough to host a Furious Jang for me? I need some hearts but I haven't unlocked it yet. Game is MH4U by the way.

A little cheese never hurt noone. I bet Shakespear had an awkward teenage phase before he was ripping out solid 10/10 bangers

i forget but there might be an event quest with it
otherwise there is a quest that has kecha, conga, and jang in that order that gives you the mats to make GX hunter which is one of the best sets for mix parts or GS fullset.

I already got the 2 Hornetaur heads. just got to rank 4.

is it the best I can get right now though?

Sorry user but that's all the advice I can get.
I had tried switching to elemental LS when I was new and gave up when not a single kirin tail ever dropped. After that I had just stopped using LS.

>sold more on 3DS than on PS4
>sells better
cringe

Ah yeah, I remember people carting to emerald brap because they forget to bring deos. I guess I'll just try that quest, it's better than nothing.

I can give, even.
And talking about kirin tails, supposedly the Eager Cleaver had really good numbers before the thunder element but I don't have any sources to confirm it.

Yup, sold better on PS4

How is this not cheating?

>restores sharpness
you fucking wot

Brave style is easily the dumbest fucking style in MH. Took me 9 minutes to beat the Barrioth on my first try in the demo with Brave Hammer.

It doesn't do that much damage I think.

Striker deals better dps I think. Brave and Adept is a literal braindead mode because of that infinite MOI.

I mean, it's a slightly inferior version of DB's adept dodge, apart from sharpening the weapon. Brave has other shit going for it though. Adept DB really is basically cheating, if you have dash juice and mash dodge you're invincible

Not just that, it also increases your damage for the next att-Oh, wrong game.

You're my favorite poster.

Source?

Are you stupid? It's been posted already.

is that some kind of event monstie?

I feel like playing SnS in 3U, which one do I make, Lucent?

Source for ps4 version selling more than 3ds? Doesn't say anything in that link

>“We have seen stronger sales of the PlayStation 4 version than the Nintendo 3DS version, but given the installed base, we have high hopes for growth in sales of the Nintendo 3DS version going forward as well.”

How are you even allowed to post?

id say make a set with awaken on it since literally every sns in 3u has element or status on it with awaken, and it will be a good boost on some weapons.
lucent is really good and awaken makes it slightly better with poison if you want to use it on like, duramboros.
stygian and brachy are always good as well.
mostly though sns strength is in making one of every element and theres some good options for each one.

Umm sweetie.......
Media Create Sales: Week 32, 2017 (Aug 07 - Aug 13)

01./01. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age # (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥5.980) - 116.615 / 1.573.216(-62%)
02./00.[3DS] The Snack World: TreJarers (Level 5) {2017.08.10} (¥4.800) – 97.534 / NEW
03./02. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age # (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥8.980) - 91.147 / 1.242.260(-55%)

>being illiterate
hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/18q1outline.pdf

Please stop. This general ignores MediaCreate all the time in favor of Capcom's own MH shipment numbers.

I just want to fuck around.
What are the best of each element. I'm NOT making the alatreon one.

>shipped
lol

>fire
miralis
>water
gold ceadeus
>ice
barioth or Chalcomatia (awaken)
>thunder
abyssal lagi
>dragon
>I'm NOT making the alatreon one.
stygian (awaken) or hallowed jhen
>poison
gigginox or lucent
>para
dont bother
>sleep
also shit but plesioth

Yes, /mhg/ are retards. They keep of shunning MediaCreate numbers because Capcom quoted higher. But SE is saying actual sales. Physical shipment of 3DS version is actually more according to MediaCreate. PS4 version sells more because of digital.

Now for the MH MediaCreate/Famitsu numbers:

Monster Hunter
2004/3/11
PS2 - 288,559

Monster Hunter G
2005/1/20
PS2 - 237,393
Wii - 236,020

Monster Hunter Portable
2005/12/1
PSP - 1,122,604

Monster Hunter 2(Dos)
2006/2/16
PS2 - 692,228

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
2007/2/22
PSP - 1,723,187

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
2008/3/27
PSP - 4,206,723

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)
2009/8/1
Wii - 1,077,273

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
2010/12/1
PSP - 4,801,854
PS3 - 441,375

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)G
2011/12/10
3DS - 1,924,664
WiiU - 221,586

Monster Hunter 4
2013/9/14
3DS - 3,556,119

Monster Hunter 4G
2014/10/11
3DS - 2,594,453

Monster Hunter Cross
2015/11/28
3DS - 2,816,712

Monster Hunter Double Cross
2017/3/18
3DS - 1,570,653

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura
2010/8/26
PSP - 583,536

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura G
2011/8/10
PSP - 245,210

Airou Puzzle
2012/7/19
PSP - 10,093

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura DX
2015/9/10
3DS - 112,317

Monster Hunter Stories
2016/10/08
3DS - 297,206

PSP - 11,854,368 (not including spinoffs, 4 games, staggered releases)
3DS - 12,462,601 (not including spinoffs, 5 games, back to back releases )

God, I'm really bored. I'd gladly pay $79.99 to play a brand new mh-like. If only there was some game to come out in less than 2 days to cater to my needs...

Will you stop will it is released?

maybe

Where are in-game weapon tutorials in MH4U?

They're under Caravan 1, at worst you may need to do the first two quests that cover the bare basics. The Hunter's Notes should also have some documentation.

Reminder to give your Catlolis all your horn coins and a blow a sloppy raspberry on their bellies before every hunt!

So, I'm playing Generations and I feel I never really gave SwitchAxe a real chance and now I want to learn the weapon.
How much has it changed since 4U? The guide in the OP is about 4U and I'm mostly curious if Evade Extender is still considered the first skill I need to get for a good SwitchAxe set.

Also, is there a reason to pick Guild over Striker?
Based on the Hunter's notes it seems like they have the same combos. Does Striker lose something not mentioned in that list? To compensate for the fact that it gets 3 Hunter Arts?

Striker loses the axe mode slash finisher and the sword mode horizontal double slash.
Go Striker and get Demon Riot, Energy Charge and Absolute Readiness if you want to destroy monsters.
Get the Silverwind Narga set, it's basically made for SA.

the same basically. aerial style fucking owns.

Maybe if Readiness didn't exist, Silverwind is overkill now.

I'm getting fuck sick of trying to do these GQ 140 Rajangs with CB. I'm thinking about just making a GS set instead. Is the Seregios GS a good GS to make for endgame?

Steve GS and Tigrex GS are both endgame, depends on which you prefer, more damage or the utility of the steve weapons

>Tigrex GS
>4u
???

Shit I think I got confused there. I can't recall the other recommended sword, fuck me

Oh yeah! Cera Cymmetry

and BFB.

Is the lower raw and the sharpness gimmick of the Seregios GS worth it over the higher raw of the Cera Symmetry or the Black Fatalis GS? Against Rajant, I'm probably just going to be doing hit and run so wouldn't higher raw be the most useful?

Evade Extender is never necessary on SA. It's only convenient online.