obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/z0nqqlof
youtu.be/rzt0PdX32hI?list=PL8C4A0B6360BB2B3C
clyp.it/zsae0lhu
youtube.com/watch?v=y2cQvZPX3OY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that Cave Story, Minecraft, Terraria, Factorio, The Witness, Binding of Isaac, Prison Architect, Stardew Valley, and many other top tier indie games were made by enginedevs.

sasuga /agdg/

reminder that games like
>terraria, stardew valley, rogue legacy
were all made in XNA

Don't forget Touhou.

Made it so you sort of progress through the stage in sections, but now the camera feels wonky as fuck so i gotta rework that.

Canon cirno in latest touhou is much darker than that...

Can I make anyone a piece of music? Tell me what you want and I'll put it up on clyp in a few hours.

Last guy seemed to miss the track i made for him.

I would go for it but I want a coherent sound track for my game (ie I'm going to make a lot of assy tracks but at least it will be consistent...)

>thinking about music before your game is almost complete

Yeah I'm mainly looking for smaller projects that just need a little piece of music.

I guess most people here are working on more ambitious stuff.

>Offer to make music for a project
>100s of ideas guys hit you up and expect you to make something before they even have a prototype

Would you like to make a short loop for this game? Right now I'm using a song generated with one of those music generators online but it's not the best.
Something cute and slow.

>godot 3 2016
>godot 3 early 2017
>godot 3 spring 2017
>godot 3 fucking lies

Am I doomed to make a fun game that has no atmosphere or popularity?

i'll see what i can do

Thank you!

actually art should be like half its height it is all I can do is really simple pixel art

I have no idea how to get this in game desu

that's nice but where's the gameplay?

that's gonna be annoying as fuck
slow menus are always a big no

No

doesnt surprise me because apparently you dont even know how to make a webM

CLICK ON CONTINUE AND SHOW THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY
OR JUST FUCK OFF AGDG
HOLY SHIT YOU'VE BEEN POSTING THIS SHIT FOR MONTHS AND STILL NOT EVEN A SECOND OF GAMEPLAY
FUCK OFF

Prototyping a walking simulator on Unreal. Any advice for a rookie?

I wouldn't use a menu like that
It's will be a novelty at first, but it will quickly become grating because it's so slow

Done some work on the aspect ratio/resolution/player settings. The window can be resized but only in increments of 320 pixels so as to keep hard edges/pixels. Switched the aspect ratio from a perfect square to 4:3 to allow for a HUD sidebar. I've had to change the sie of in-game objects and stuff to work within this but it's all come together. You can change which side you want the HUD on too.

Now I think I can go back to the fun dev stuff.

How does one estimate self gamedesign skills? Isn't that something that could be evaluated only by your players?

you estimate it by checking the overall do's and don'ts you know about gamedesign

Where is the list?

You can't estimate any of those skills in the diagram yourself unless you know anything about them

when you can put into a theory and system why a game works the way it does you will know

there are many books and videos on gamedesign

Psst, over here !

Stop falling for bullshit memes and work on your game instead

----[ Recap Complete ]----
recap.agdg.io/view?id=17082

I'll have some time to work on the site later today, so the plan is to add automatic web linking and a scores section to the homepage.

His question still stands, as you can't evaluate how many Dos and Donts you don't know about.

You won't believe me, but I am. And I'm not sure Tomoko isn't hot.

game design isn't do's and don'ts.

>gamemaker
>object has "blah = 0" in the create event
>different object creates an instance of the first object then has "object.blah = 1"

Does it instantly get set to one before or after the create event happens? I know that it works, but can I have shit in my create event that will rely on it being 1?

Then this wasn't a good answer after all.

I'm learning Godot and was wondering if I should learn Python?
I don't know the first thing about scripting but have been following the kidscancode tuts and kinda catching on.

Also reminder that language and script you use doesn't matter as long as you can make the game you want.

>nb4 HURRR DURRR C

A novel idea/setting with decent art and light horror elements is an easy path towards a financial success.

If you mean mechanically, just like make walk nigga. Pick some template and move around, add doors and shit, but the programming involved is going to be minimal and you'll spend most of the time with scene composition.

Nice! But this isn't UI design it's AGDG.

Try posting some gameplay.

IIRC, create event happens first.
What you could do is something in the vein of...

derp = instance_create(object)
with derp (blah = 1)

which should then create the instance and then immediately after it set that specific instance's blah variable to 1.

>I don't know the first thing about scripting but have been following the kidscancode tuts and kinda catching on.
>Also reminder that language and script you use doesn't matter as long as you can make the game you want.
Nigger, you've already made up your mind and looking for someone to pat your back.

python is the most fun language there is
its simple yet powerful

Why not? Python is convinient as universal tool you can use for any quick task.

Thanks, I'll look into some coding basics for Python!

Eat a dick.

I'm not actually looking for financial success, but learning. I'm ok with doing minimal programming, as that's almost the only part I have some degree of proficiency at.

Thanks for the input.

That's no how it is working. There are many games out there that have a lot of don'ts and still insanely popular.
And yes, ideaguys usually know next to nothing about actual gamedesign.

Just don't start with 3.x branch, it is broken. Use old good 2.x

would you play a holiday resort city builder game?

hell to the yeah

yeah

Remainder that you have to prototype a lot.
Nintendo made 29 prototypes of Splatoon before ok'd it's further development.

Can assets from the Unity store be imported to Unreal? I mean "being able to", but I also ask about the legality of it.

How do you make 29 prototypes of a single game? I feel like I don't know what a prototype is anymore.

>hurr fundamentals
>fuck fundamentals it's muh style
>>>/dA/

If you're good at it, you can tell by judging your game against other games (though you'll err on the negative side).

If you're bad at it you'll just have no goddamn clue and have to bounce your game off players and hope they're not getting snagged on trivialities (not knowing the controls yet, you not knowing how to pry for more information, etc) and thus unable to give useful feedback.

Nice! But this isn't shitposting design it's AGDG.

Try posting some gameplay.

LOOK AT THAT FOOTWORK

>Somebody posts progress.
>Tap dancing cute wolf lady.
YES
E
S

I wouldn't call this progress. I'm rewriting some of the code but I broke something. I have no idea why this is even happening.

What did you have for breakfast AGDG??

Remember: You need energy to think. Eat some good shit, then you'll dev better!

I'm feeling sick again so nothing don't wanna puke so early in the morning

鸡蛋羹 + coffee

( Eggs scrambled, and then steamed inside a bowl, with a bit of soysauce poured on top after it solidifies ).

Anything showcasing a game and not containing shitposting is ok in my book.

Fuck. That sounds kinda good

>Eggs scrambled, and then steamed inside a bowl, with a bit of soysauce poured on top after it solidifies
That sounds amazing! I have to try that some time!

Understandable. Maybe some tea would help? Tomato soup?

>tfw I put some pasta on and forgot it on the stove because I was too busy debugging and it turned to mush

Enginedevs WW@?
I still need to do some perspective fixes, the height is still not calculated properly.
After that it's time to color things up.

What libraries? What language?

I like your tap dancing wolf cutie and I reply with a ballet dancing vampire cutie.

ah, that's cute. Reminds me of the same things I did ~30 years ago when I was a kid. And how I was happy to have a bunch of vector cubes displayed with 1-2 fps(well, what do you want from 8086 processor?)

clyp.it/z0nqqlof

Lemme know what you think.

Anyone else want anything?

SFML/C++
I'm trying to learn how to do 3d manually without using OpenGL.

>30 years
why are you still here, grandpa

Oh very nice! Reminds me of Tales of Symphonia.
What name should I put in the credits?

Don't worry about it. Anonymous I guess? Not really promoting anything.

Why not? I'm just doing what I liked to do as a kid again.

Also, good luck with your game. The art style is great. Is it some kind of Little Red Riding Hood simulator?

Faggots

How is it different from any other item on the graph?

Although chances are if you have no idea whether anything you're making is well designed then other people aren't going to think so.

>Oh very nice! Reminds me of Tales of Symphonia.
Holy shit you're right, this sounds exactly like a track from it.

Any idea what track? I've never even played it and I'm curious to hear.

Don't worry user someone will probably post a muscular bearded dancing guy to please your straight tastes

Not necessarily any but while checking the OST I stumbled upon one that does sound like it.
youtu.be/rzt0PdX32hI?list=PL8C4A0B6360BB2B3C

Because it doesn't have some absolute metrics you can measure. It is always about how fun it feels to play. You can make it by the book with all prescribed recipes but still get a dull and boring gameplay. Also there is no books for something that is completely original.
/tl;dr - you can't actually measure gamedesign skills.

I posted this sound effect in the last thread but I didn't get any attention. Can I get some opinions ?
clyp.it/zsae0lhu

>Maybe some tea would help?
I'll try tea later, maybe an apple too. Is just stress fucking up my stomach so it happens kinda often sometimes.

Yeah I can hear that.

>clyp.it/zsae0lhu
What's it for? The beepy part sounds like a message notification but the low noise sounds completely unrelated.

colors are horrible. use the color picker on some Spyro screenshots and change them. Also change your light to be more yellow and your shadows to be more purple.

>I feel like I don't know what a prototype is anymore.
You chuck together the core gameplay concepts and see if there's any fun to be had in it. Presumably they were tweaking/iterating on different core mechanics until they locked it down and built the game around that design.

>just stress
Oh man.. Stress is a terrible thing, I almost had a heart attack 'bout a year back because of stress, you really need to relax some dude. I know it can be hard but just realize that it's actually okay to not always be productive. Taking breaks can actually give you a boost later so you'll be much more focused and actually get things done correctly and learn much better.
Trust me, I know it can be hard to get out of the "I don't want to be a no-dev, so therefore I have to dev ALL THE TIME!" but if you keep doing it it's going to have actual physical consequences.

What is it for? Sounds like an engine running at the background and a "1up" on the foreground to me. I like the "1up" sound.

> Binding of Isaac
> enginedevs
mcMillen cant even code. hes an artist with tons of industry contacts

No
Just kidding, but why Spyro?

Again I ask, how is that different from any other item on the graph?

>What's it for?
Absolutely nothing, I stumbled upon it while messing around with a weird synth and effects.The original synth sounds like the sharp noise at the beginning of this track. youtube.com/watch?v=y2cQvZPX3OY

Low noise is just to give some context, it's usually very rare to hear a sound effect on its own in a game.