What is it with Yuropoors and high-performance SUVs and crossovers?

What kind of person buys these things? Obviously, it must be some European demographic since they're pretty much made exclusively by Euro manufacturers.

memelords

the average yuropoor can't afford more than a sub-1.5l shitbox, these are aimed right at their Arab overlords

rich tasteless burger roasties

>t. 51% leased a base chrysler while 300k in debt nigga

it's a hatchback for rich people they used to buy big 4x4 land rover and similar cars but these thing are not very practical so SUV naturally replaced them

"Nouveau riche".

>implying he isn't right
Go fuck yourself lol

New money; often likely about to run out of their money all together. The few mega rich people I've known have all driven shit like Lexus Hybrids or Merc E-Classes; sometimes Teslas. They usually just have old sports cars as hobbies.

Joke's on you, the target demographic is tasteless American women. Soccer moms, trophy wives, cucked husband's wives.

>What kind of person buys these things?

Wives of professional middle aged men (doctors, lawyers, business men...etc).

He's not. You buy cars on credit. Europeans are just more frugal. Even petrolheads aren't dumb enough to drain one year of savings to buy a shinier commuter car for no really purpose other then being stupid.

The rich people I know drive 30 to 40 year old Mercs that are actually pretty cheap, market value wise. But of course they both them new and still maintain them in immaculate condition.

The one rich person I know -who is a lot into sports cars and has a good collection- always had his choffer drive his kids around in a big 4x4s, and bought his daughter an Escalade when she got her license. He seems very convinced that big = safer (she did crash it a couple of times).

In general, bigger is safer.

>be American
>shitbarge Escalades are so shoddily engineered that they need to be limited to 116 mph because their horrid suspension setups turn them into uncontrollable death traps at higher speeds
>get overtaken by 155 mph Mercedes SUVs
>their faces when

>implying I'm a burger
Wew hit and a miss.
In Netherlandistan cars are so fuggin expensive if you want anything noice. A m2 is 90k, gt86 52k, mustang GT 127k. All because of kike co2 tax. France and shit has tax horsepower which means no big bore engines, diesel has an advantage
Total tax burden in yuropistan is so much higher, go fug yourself with your coping strategies m8

Nigs are the only people I see dumb enough to be driving Escalades to be fair.

Every fucking car company now wants to have an SUV/Crossover... If they really want to fill the markets gap, why don't lamborghini, ferrari or rolls royce build a cheap car for, like, the price of a renault clio

>nederlands
>all of europe
ok Rikkert

Little money to be earned, not prestigious. The brand might lose their expensive car sales because soccer bois don't want to be seen in the same car ahmed and pavel can buy

>ignore point
>ad hominem
Yeah okay buddy, whatever you say. Of course other countries in yuropistan can have fun cars without some sort of serious downside

For you, and only in the case of hitting a smaller vehicle. And then other person gets fucked. Congratulations, you just killed a family because you didn't want a tweaked shoulder. It's actually better for everyone to drive well engineered sedans than just one person to drive a larger vehicle. Larger vehicles are actually held to lesser safety standards under the assumption that very few of their collisions will involve walls or other large vehicles - and are guaranteed to slaughter sedan drivers as if they were motorcyclists. Maybe worse off than motorcyclists, because on a bike you just get thrown off and either get up because you didn't slide into something or hit a guardrail and get shredded. Pretty good chances compared to being trapped in a cage as it gets vaporized by something twice its size.

The single most effective thing we could do to make the roads safer would be to put a maximum weight on the standard driver's license and require that people show a genuine financial or personal need (ie: owning a boat or a contracting business) to drive anything larger than a small crossover.

>ad hominem
anyways glad we can both agree at this.

I agree that it is very selfish and I also agree that it increases the possible harm for others.

Do you think rich people care about the rest of us, though?

Rightly so. BMWs prestige and exclusivity is ruined in Europe.

A lot do, especially if you're black. We just need one brotha to roll up to TED talks in his clapped out sentra and say that white man SUVs are keepin the people down and killin niggas who actually din du nuffin. Just ONE. I know, based on my fellow afro's tendency to crash, that the statistics would support such a case. The white man's obsession with every 16 year old girl starting in a brick is destroying the lives of young colored people one car accident at a time. If they would be responsible and drive more environmentally friendly smaller vehicles they would be less racist.

If fiat-chrysler got control of, lets say, lamborghini, they would defenitly rebadge a crappy FIAT

>forgetting bmw used to have spartan interiors
Lmao>bmw ((((prestige))))
What did he mean by this?

BMW used to be prestigious when car enthusiasm was a more mainstream thing. They were straight up no bullshit drivers cars.

Now that's something confined to underpowered jap coupes - sedans do not get to be drivers cars.

Well obviously it also goes for the Suburban it's based on, I just wanted to use the most exclusive SUV available out of Detroit (inb4 that Navigator autist) as a fair comparison to a Mercedes.