Opinions on mitsubishi (overall)?

Opinions on mitsubishi (overall)?

They made cool cars. Now they're sad

this is my experience with an 08 eclipse:
>mitsu produces aircons, cannot correctly produce car aircons
>metal supports for the door hydraulics tore in half because made of hollow pig iron
>need to pull out engine to service belts but thank god i get about a square foot of free space when pulling out the O2 sensor with my hand
>O2 sensor cable comes out of harness and gets corroded from other engine bay parts, shorts out the sensor
>I'm like 5'10 but I do not fit in the car, clearly made for dwarfs
>OEM sub either didnt work or wasn't wired to anything at all
>Negative terminal connection literally rusted to shit after 2 years
The fact a car like this can make it out to production in 2008 and still be worse than my 18yo shitbox in every way says a lot about their company and business model

Used to be pretty good
the 4g63 is a reliable engine
Severely underrated for anything that isn't a Lancer Evolution
your pic related is a forgotten testament to that.

4g63 is god level

vr4 galant was fucking sweet

ludacris drove a cool eclipse in 2f2f

From the era you posted and a little after, they made very handsome cars.

Older Mitsubishi's are good and the 4G63 / 4G64 are good engines. Yet they're still using a 30 year old engine in new cars (new Triton/L200 still uses 4G64). My 2005 Triton has 380,000KM on it now and has never broke down. It might not be the most luxurious or comfortable car but its been extremely reliable and put up with years of me hooning it

If they had the money Subaru had, they would of been the best Japanese brand in the 90s

They went to shit after cutting ties with Chrysler.
All their engines except the 4G6x burn more oil than gas or blow headgaskets like they're kleenex.

went dogshit in 2015 but show signs of dying long before that

went from agruably god tier to shit

fpbp

Don't they make refrigerators and aircons too?

They're a huge company, and autos was just a part of what they do (chemicals, heavy industry etc). It's a shame they found that the NA market was no longer financially lucrative

Oh boy the things they have done

They also make tanks and satellites.

Most of the cars were and are forgettable, and they don't get that good gas mileage for japanese cars, exteriors looked good but the interiors were the most boring pieces of shit

>ludacris
>3G Eclipse
>Cool

What?

Oil pump cavitation

That aint ludacris my dude
R u doing a racism joke?
If so, good meme
If not, shame

And gigantic turbines that produce upwards of 10,000 horsepower.

Japan’s Pontiac

doug said they suck and since he's /ourguy/, we tend to agree. by we i mean everyone on Veeky Forums.

Mitsubishi?
Bitsaremissing*

They're still building top tier 4x4s.

filipino/10

they're making a modern fighter jet as well.

Mhi turbos are nice. Do they still make those?

Not sure, but most of the factory turbo Mitsubishis (mostly diesel) I've worked on and owned have had IHI VNT style turbos. TD04 and TD05 make good solid aftermarket units though.

They love their Pajeros.

Is 1st gen Eclipse a good car? I love how it looks for some reason
Talk me out of buying one Veeky Forums

fastest FF car known the man

>made a car called the mistubishi carisma
>was good enough to be a base volvo
>makes some breddy gud turbos
they are renault tier
>kinda fun, would not depend on for reliable transport

Wait, I though Mitsubishi was a major manufacturer.
I know Subaru has Fuji Heavy Industries, but Mitsu did not?
What happened?

Really? They look angry.

1st gen eclipse is the only good eclipse
GSX ofc

Japanese Lancia.

Mitsubishi, the corporation, is fucking huge, but their "Motors" division got almost no funding. Subaru got almost all their funding by selling cars and marketing to the lowest common denominator. I don't exactly know what this front and top heavy RX-7 is talking about.

Shit without DSM, with the exception of the Evo

And then they fucking killed the Evo

godsend up until 2000. i feel bad about leaving this ´87 galant sitting outside without front frame and engine

i´ve heard that the 1st gen feels uncomplete compared to second gen. found it hard to believe, not to mention that first gen is the hottest eclipse

Im considering buying a 2.5 v6 galant (8th gen). Are they any good/reliable?
Would have to stay outside all the time, also climate is pretty wet.

also heard they can get some electrical contact problems. buy one made in east Asia to avoid this. i don´t recommend the v6 as the 2.4 has an amazing jap auto which makes it's 140 hp feel pretty fast. i don´t buy that the v6 is 200 hp as i've tried one (note that it had everything failing and it probably isn't a good comparison so take it with a grain of salt)

so what do you get with the Galant avance model? 8/10 leather seats and interior, cool jap spoiler, mad bodykit and probably some other cool stuff i didn't find out before crashing mine as i wasn't much of a car enthusiast until i got it. highly recommend the car if you can get a good copy

the one i had was babied and never stayed outside but i guess reliability rating is the same as Mazdas from the same period as they share alot of parts.

I've heard that the electrics are shoddy but they're otherwise reliable.
If you took any sort of electrical course in highschool and remember some of it, with a little know how on soldering then I don't think it would be out of this world to purchase a repair kit and fix the electronics.

No they don't, they love ricing out base model Lancers to look like Evos you dumb fuck.

Clearly you've never been to the Philippines.

Gonna own one of these beauties one day.

I will rebadged a conquest if I fucking have too.

Yes I fucking have ya dumb cunt, referring to real filos in Australia not the untamed ones. Fooking hell mate. Was there last year and every filo had a cheap ass toyota sedan or a Ford Ranger or any other huge truck/ute. Fuck outta here boi.

Ive got a conquest/starion just sitting in my yard turning to rust.
I feel bad about it but also i dont, theyre unreal to fix up. Theyre rare, but just not worth it in the long haul.

i feel you, man.
can't get a hold on a running starion or conquest myself because cars age two times faster in my country. thankfully most people knew better than scrapping them and they now sit disassembled in garages and people list them online for affordable prices from time to time. first i'll need a garage that i can clutter

i miss when they were cool :(

pajero evo and lancer evos are some of my favorite cars but now all they have is garbage

>tfw no pajero evo in your country
at least people like modding them for claciers her in iceland so the lack of sporty trucks isn't too bad. wish i hadn't pussied out of buying pic related because i had no mechanical knowledge

behold the pinnacle of design and chadness.

they had some great designs and idea's, they just didn't have the money to execute them well.
if they had the same cash that subaru had, they would've been one of the top 3 japanese car makers.

How much cashmoney did Subaru really have back then anyway, at least before going into WRC? Pretty sure they were just a blip on the radar when Mitsubishi was selling their cars and engines under other brands as USDM.

That's just a blister NL, or Gen 2.5. That ain't an Evo. Still neat though.